Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Can't remove posts just because they're posting a lot. A lot of one-liners were indeed removed. But meaningful posts were left :dunno:

Our rules are apparently breeding a smarter batch of runners.
    When I checked the gents posts, they were the norm for a man on a mission. Little if any content, without much in the way of caps or punctuation.
    How was it so obvious? My e-mail box filled up with the same posters name on most of the posts...

At least now they gotta post pics. That's a plus anyway.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    ok i admit, i know nothing of web design, or about websites, but to solve the "whole 50 post rule" once and for all, is there any way to make the classifieds "invisable" till you get to 50 posts?

i mean we all see what happens, joe blow is looking for the deal of a lifetime, or sell his gen-u-wine highpoint c9 that was carried by General George S. Patton himself(at the battle of Thermopylae) fo the low price of 5 thousand dollars!(and believe me its a STEAL).

if we remove the temptation, we remove the trolls, you know, the "i agree" posts and "1,2,3," and so on

fyi i've only been interested in ONE item in the classifieds, a 25.00 holster, that someone beat me to it.

This is sort of a double edged sword though. Maybe someone was drawn here by the classifieds initially and turned out to be a long standing member with lots of great contributions to the community. Had we locked down the classifieds, some people would never turn up.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    This is sort of a double edged sword though. Maybe someone was drawn here by the classifieds initially and turned out to be a long standing member with lots of great contributions to the community. Had we locked down the classifieds, some people would never turn up.

i think i worded it wrong, the newbie would see "classifieds" and the 50 post rule would be there, or info on how to become a site supporter, but they wouldn't see glock 19 for sale,or be able to view any classifieds. i think a long standing member in good faith would be here if they could or couldn't use the classified portion on ingo.

idk if im a exception rather than a rule,but ive never used the classifieds, i do look at them, and did send a pm to someone who said he didnt know if his gun had the accutrigger or not, i pm'd him and told him how to tell so he could correct his listing. and considering the number of members, and the number of classified's more are on here for conversation, not commerce.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    tumblr_l7sf2pwFoB1qagy5w.gif

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    ok i admit, i know nothing of web design, or about websites, but to solve the "whole 50 post rule" once and for all, is there any way to make the classifieds "invisable" till you get to 50 posts?

That sounds like a good idea to me. It would really cut back on the speed posters. Since it is a bit of a problem. I have seen other sites that open up more stuff when you become a supporter.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Good for him for becoming a site supporter, but he could've got a brand new one for just about the same money when it's all said and done. Hopefully he'll get the guy down a little bit and get himself a good deal...and hopefully he won't ditch us when he gets it :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom