RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Doesn't make since does it, Revo?

We're all being watched, they just admitted to it. :runaway:

Not really, I understand why people are drawn to classifieds, but I never come to a forum in search of a classifieds section. Sure its a nice feature to have, but I can't get past why some people just come for a classified section. Its just as easy to find buyers for your stuff or to buy stuff locally without needing a classified (perhaps it isn't that way for those in more rural areas). I have never sold or purchased anything in a classifieds section of any forum. I have always managed to sell what I wanted to sell either at gun shows, through friends, or Gunbroker just fine.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    We're all being watched, they just admitted to it. :runaway:

Not really, I understand why people are drawn to classifieds, but I never come to a forum in search of a classifieds section. Sure its a nice feature to have, but I can't get past why some people just come for a classified section. Its just as easy to find buyers for your stuff or to buy stuff locally without needing a classified (perhaps it isn't that way for those in more rural areas). I have never sold or purchased anything in a classifieds section of any forum. I have always managed to sell what I wanted to sell either at gun shows, through friends, or Gunbroker just fine.

The difficulties with the classifieds are due to decisions by the management. I understand why and would do about the same if I drove this bus. It is possible to restrict access to different areas which is used for some functions (like the Mod forum and LT6 areas). Restricting access keeps out search engines and other guns sites that reference links into INGO. Some other sites work this way: newbie members can't even view the classifieds.

It has been said many times that a percentage of people first find INGO by searching for specific guns for sale. They then come here and run into various bumps trying to get to that firearm they want so badly. A percentage of those new people end up settling down and becoming contributing members. So, a conscious decision has been made to keep the classifieds visible to increase traffic and membership, but also to put in some restrictions to try and maintain a community setup. It is a balancing act and the moderators are charged with keeping any eye out for runners. This tension between increasing overall traffic/members and dealing with runners/flippers will always be there unless the management decides they are okay with less traffic or they want to give up on maintaining the community feel. I understand the decision, but the runners/flippers are the price of trying to balance traffic/community.

PS: Before the LT6ers all jump in to deny their special access area: documentation has been released from Hillary's server proving it's existence. No purpose denying it any more.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    PS: Before the LT6ers all jump in to deny their special access area: documentation has been released from Hillary's server proving it's existence. No purpose denying it any more.

Conspiracies can never be proven, only advances can made with regards to new evidence. Still don't believe they/it exists.

I understand the task that you all are charged with and there is not going to be any less interest in use for the classifieds.With regards to that, you all are doing a very good job and I still feel the community of this place (that being said, I rarely visit the classifieds). I appreciate your efforts to maintain the community of the forum.

Like I said, I don't come to forums to do business, I come for the community.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The difficulties with the classifieds are due to decisions by the management. I understand why and would do about the same if I drove this bus. It is possible to restrict access to different areas which is used for some functions (like the Mod forum and LT6 areas). Restricting access keeps out search engines and other guns sites that reference links into INGO. Some other sites work this way: newbie members can't even view the classifieds.

It has been said many times that a percentage of people first find INGO by searching for specific guns for sale. They then come here and run into various bumps trying to get to that firearm they want so badly. A percentage of those new people end up settling down and becoming contributing members. So, a conscious decision has been made to keep the classifieds visible to increase traffic and membership, but also to put in some restrictions to try and maintain a community setup. It is a balancing act and the moderators are charged with keeping any eye out for runners. This tension between increasing overall traffic/members and dealing with runners/flippers will always be there unless the management decides they are okay with less traffic or they want to give up on maintaining the community feel. I understand the decision, but the runners/flippers are the price of trying to balance traffic/community.

Hillary is a lying *****. It's a fact. Anything released from her computer server should not be believed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom