churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not very welcoming here lately.
    Why not cut some of these people some slack.
    They aren't all bad ya' know.
    You probably wouldn't converse with them anyway.

Come on GD........have you actually been watching as these things progress.
    Multiple PM's stating the very same things I sent to you in the beginning and done with a more conservative approach.
    Rules my friend. Rules. To not Moderate the site within those rules this place would be the wild wild west.
    RW did himself in. He was coddled and guided both in open forum and behind the scenes as was his partner in the action that maybe you were not aware of.
    There is always more to this behind the green curtain.
    We are not bully's. We are hall monitors. Run and slap in the halls and you get called on it.
    Follow the rules, take your time and it could lead to some seriously cool things with folks in the community.

I am growing weary of this mindset.
    Maybe a Mod vacation.............Cabo, Sammy's club. Tequila and bronze body's.............:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    GD.....you list Central as a location. Indy area..??

If so, PM me and we can do lunch. You seem to be a good sort.

I would like to do a cheeseburger with you and look at the world through your perceptions.

My treat.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep, pretty silly behavior on his part. Not a very well though out plan. He just missed out on a awesome forum. Well he could have gotten a time out but I kinda doubt it at this point.

My money is on he realized he no longer had a killer deal on that Dayton gun (after shipping and transfer fees) and just said " **** it nothing else here worth sticking around for" and the shenanigans began.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    If they arent bad then they wont have a problem following the basic rules. Not hard to put in some honest effort instead of a bunch of one liners just to reach the classifieds.

How do you know that each and every one is trying to reach the classifieds?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I am not aware what this means.
    Popcorn... Just sitting back and watching how it may unfold.
    And this?
    In the past, new members take things a bit too personal and they have a meltdown. That doesn't mean you will have a meltdown, but in the past it has happened a lot.

Our members are just protective of the community here and we try to keep it family friendly. If you go to bigger forums (ar15.com comes to mind) it's kind of hard to post and ask questions without people jumping on your post and belittling you. Because of the community on this forum, most members hate to see people join just for classifieds or something and not get the full potential to be a good neighbor so to speak.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Past experiences tell us that most, not all, but most come here for the classifieds if they are running up their post counts quickly.

I would say you fall outside of this since you're actually asking questions :thumbsup:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It's pretty obvious after seeing the pattern repeated a dozen times per month.

A blast of inane post, hit 50, then you watch their profile page and see them sending a personal message to a seller.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    Come on GD........have you actually been watching as these things progress.
    Multiple PM's stating the very same things I sent to you in the beginning and done with a more conservative approach.
    Rules my friend. Rules. To not Moderate the site within those rules this place would be the wild wild west.
    RW did himself in. He was coddled and guided both in open forum and behind the scenes as was his partner in the action that maybe you were not aware of.
    There is always more to this behind the green curtain.
    We are not bully's. We are hall monitors. Run and slap in the halls and you get called on it.
    Follow the rules, take your time and it could lead to some seriously cool things with folks in the community.

I am growing weary of this mindset.
    Maybe a Mod vacation.............Cabo, Sammy's club. Tequila and bronze body's.............:):

I have and I know it must be very tiring for you and your fellow Mods.
    I also understand the members here help the Mods out by pointing to certain newbies who are "running".
    It's just sad to see this thread at the top most every day.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    GD.....you list Central as a location. Indy area..??

If so, PM me and we can do lunch. You seem to be a good sort.

I would like to do a cheeseburger with you and look at the world through your perceptions.

My treat.

It's a trap! :runaway: :mods: Na, just kidding. Take Tim up on his offer. you will learn a lot and if all goes well you will have another great friend.

But I can tell you that getting butt hurt in open forum won't ended well. Contrary to popular belief most of us do not like the drama. And we would rather see another contributing member and not a shooter come out of your membership.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom