Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It's a trap! :runaway: :mods: Na, just kidding. Take Tim up on his offer. you will learn a lot and if all goes well you will have another great friend.

But I can tell you that getting butt hurt in open forum won't ended well. Contrary to popular belief most of us do not like the drama. And we would rather see another contributing member and not a shooter come out of your membership.

I've never heard of anything that can ended well. :dunno: :scratch:

:stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do you know that each and every one is trying to reach the classifieds?

Well, short answer......when they jump post to post in "Old" threads and drop one liners and move to the next "Old" post and repeat the process adding nothing to the thread just racking post count it is very obvious what is up.
    Like a traffic cop.....if you sit back and watch this activity it is just glaring.
    All 3 of the ban's yesterday received multiple PM's from Mods and members suggesting they curtail this but ignored all warnings.
    At the magic 50 it was right to the classifieds.

I use the classifieds and every gun I have posted up in the last month I get a PM from a zero or 2 post member about buying it. When I let them see the rules and alert I am a Mod the responses are amazing. The best ones are "Why do I have to share with people I do not know. I am only interested in the rifle"

Know, how do we know.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    It's a trap! :runaway: :mods: Na, just kidding. Take Tim up on his offer. you will learn a lot and if all goes well you will have another great friend.

But I can tell you that getting butt hurt in open forum won't ended well. Contrary to popular belief most of us do not like the drama. And we would rather see another contributing member and not a shooter come out of your membership.

I get your point and I don't like it. If I am out of line anywhere on this forum (and I haven't been) I would rather a Mod say it, not a member. I can see that my questions have struck a nerve and that was not my intention. Thank you for the kind and not so kind responses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    GD....you seem to a kind hearted person. There is a place here for that.
    Once time is spent and you meet some members this will all become very clear to you.
    There are great times to be had. Open shoots, meet and eats, deals and all sorts of things.

I have made so many solid friends and reliable acquaintances through the forum. It has truly changed my path in life.
    The learning curve has gone vertical. The friendships are amazing and the kind gestures from members to those in need have been good to see and experience.

We are a community.
    Tempers and egos will surface at times and that is what we as Mods are here for.

And to buy cheeseburgers........With Bacon......and fries............:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get your point and I don't like it. If I am out of line anywhere on this forum (and I haven't been) I would rather a Mod say it, not a member. I can see that my questions have struck a nerve and that was not my intention. Thank you for the kind and not so kind responses.

Not aimed at you man. really. Just explaining how this all works.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I can only suggest you get a thicker skin. I say this with the best of intention and not to **** you off. Read this thread from end to end and you will understand us more. And if you don't, I can't help that. But some of us really wan the best of the gun community here. And at least see some support from you. lt doesn't have to be $$. Contribute with quality posts. Hang around and you will get protective of this place too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

With so many members, there will be kind and unkind, good and not so good advice.
    You'll kinda get the feel for people here.
    Some, you might ignore.
    Personally, I listen to everyone, and try to sort the good info from the bad.
    Even a person that I dislike may still offer up good info.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    With so many members, there will be kind and unkind, good and not so good advice.
    You'll kinda get the feel for people here.
    Some, you might ignore.
    Personally, I listen to everyone, and try to sort the good info from the bad.
    Even a person that I dislike may still offer up good info.

Well said.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not very welcoming here lately.
    Why not cut some of these people some slack.
    They aren't all bad ya' know.
    You probably wouldn't converse with them anyway.

You also may miss posts that the mods deleted due to their content.
    And, people have been known to PM the mods and curse them out for enforcing the rules.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

GD.... Bro, you're going need some thicker skin.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    If you look back at some of the responses you will see that not I but the others need a thicker skin.
    I just asked a few questions and I got hostility, popcorn, this won't end well, etc. etc.
    Just simple questions that were answered in a simple manner by some. That is all.
    I get it folks. I am the newbie and not part of the "community" yet. But, I will get there and you will never see me in the classifieds.
    Y'all have a safe a great day/weekend.
    P.S. Thank you OneBadV8 and Churchmouse for the guidance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom