Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just noticed one thing kind of funny. I was trying to sell 5 things. Over the last few months I started to post them here and on Armslist. I had far more problems with the people here than on Armslist being flippers. And of the five I sold, four were sold on Amslist.

Management here lost control.

Really.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The management did make the 50 post rule. Read the rules man. Its there. Seriously, it's there.

And yeah, I don't think this forum isn't about making money. It is about being profitable enough to support itself and the owner. And hopefully it allow the management to make more forums. Do you hate Capitalism? I don't. I embrace it!

And I would not propose to tell you who to deal with. You can deal with whom ever you like. If this thread bugs you why even bother posting here? It seems to really bother you.

You will not find many supporters of the 50 post runner crowd here. In fact we call them out as we see them so members can judge for themselves. This thread is what it is. If you don't agree then complain to the management.

And I have no issues with you or with you having an opinion different then mine. We all have them and they can be different. NP.

I never said that management didn't make the 50 post rule.
    I never said that it was wrong for them to make that rule, in fact I'm in favor of the rule.
    And I sure as hell never said I was not in favor of Capitalism.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think management gets to make the rule.
    I really have no problem with the rules.
    But, don't tell me you need 50 post to make sure you are ok . . . or you need to pay up.
    It is just another way for them to make money, and that is what it is all about, making money.

I am not so sure this site turns a huge profit.
    There are costs involved keeping the lights on.
    IT people, server fees and so on.
    Now before I step outside my pay grade.....(Pay, I said Pay) I am one who agrees with the rules as they stand.
    No, we have not lost control.
    Flippers are obvious here as we are a narrow group of folks unlike the huge numbers on other sales only sites.
    The flood started with Sandy Hook and once the word was out it has been on.
    Yes, we try and get new members vetted as best we can.
    Any one who feels they can do a better job keeping this place on track they can have my seat. Maybe.
    On second thought......Nah.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never said that it was wrong for them to make that rule, in fact I'm in favor of the rule.

Maybe that wasn't your intent, but a lot of us probably inferred that from your post.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

1: I never said that management didn't make the 50 post rule. Then why are you complaining when the rule is enforce?

2: And I sure as hell never said I was not in favor of Capitalism. Then why are you calling the forum out about making money on the less then 50 crowd? Read your post up thread.

You seem to have issues with this thread and the "like minded" in it. We have no issues with you.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    1: I never said that management didn't make the 50 post rule. Then why are you complaining when the rule is enforce?

2: And I sure as hell never said I was not in favor of Capitalism. Then why are you calling the forum out about making money on the less then 50 crowd? Read your post up thread.

You seem to have issues with this thread and the "like minded" in it. We have no issues with you.

Here we go Larry, I wish this could be handle over the phone because I know you and I would have no problem after a short talk.

1. my only complain with the 50 post rule is that 50 is too small of a number.
    2.I'm not calling them out for making money on the 50 post crowd. My problem is that they put in a way to get around a good rule.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Here we go Larry, I wish this could be handle over the phone because I know you and I would have no problem after a short talk.

1. my only complain with the 50 post rule is that 50 is too small of a number.
    2.I'm not calling them out for making money on the 50 post crowd. My problem is that they put in a way to get around a good rule.

Man do we agree on this!! I get fed up with it. And we are good. Positively no issues. I got your number. I have company tonight. I can call you later or some time tomorrow though. I would not mind talking!

I think I was a bit guilty of reading between the lines on your post. Please except MHO. It's all good.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Man do we agree on this!! I get fed up with it. And we are good. Positively no issues. I got your number. I have company tonight. I can call you later or some time tomorrow though. I would not mind talking!

I think I was a bit guilty of reading between the lines on your post. Please except MHO. It's all good.

First I'm in the ET. I'll be up till at least 11:00 or any time tomorrow.

I think we will have fun.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I hope we don't change the post count to over 100... It took me nearly 6 years to break 50 posts(I blame the recession) and I haven't even used my new found right yet(guessing around 4 months old). I might as well go buy something I don't need at the moment just because I can . This scenario is starting to sound a lot like my current ar build :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom