Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. I snapped a screenshot I saw earlier. It was after his posts got deleted. He responded to the PM's and looked at his CP and saw the lower count. He also read the classified rules pages then visited the paid membership page. After a while he logged off without becoming a sponsor. He knows how to avoid problems in the future and it will be on him to do so or not. Giving him the benefit of the doubt about not becoming a sponsor for now, he could have been in a place or on a connection where he didn't want to enter payment information at the time. That goes out the window if he comes back on later and breaks more rules. He saw the information though.

View attachment 48258

After the PM's we exchanged and I sent him towards site supporter he will not get a chance to run again.
    He as much as stated his only interest was the classifieds so do with this as you will.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Same here. I snapped a screenshot I saw earlier. It was after his posts got deleted. He responded to the PM's and looked at his CP and saw the lower count. He also read the classified rules pages then visited the paid membership page. After a while he logged off without becoming a sponsor. He knows how to avoid problems in the future and it will be on him to do so or not. Giving him the benefit of the doubt about not becoming a sponsor for now, he could have been in a place or on a connection where he didn't want to enter payment information at the time. That goes out the window if he comes back on later and breaks more rules. He saw the information though.

View attachment 48258

These people are users. They add no contributing content. And the funny thing is most of the time they get butt hurt when they are called out on it. Just amazing.

Some are clever and figure they can sneak in late at night too. They are just users and losers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These people are users. They add no contributing content. And the funny thing is most of the time they get butt hurt when they are called out on it. Just amazing.

Some are clever and figure they can sneak in late at night too. They are just users and losers.
    As long as true members buy and sell from these 50 post wonders, it will continue.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I look at the ads closely. If you haven't got a few hundred post and if the last of your post are all in the ads section I won't deal with you. I have past on several deals that I would have bought if I saw a Site Supporter badge.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    As long as true members buy and sell from these 50 post wonders, it will continue.

One of my "favorite" sub 100 post count members just recently became a site supporter, after about 5 years of skirting it. I can't complain about him now, as much as I dislike the fleecing he's given the forum.

90 real posts with 818 in the classifieds, shameful behavior IMO.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    One of my "favorite" sub 100 post count members just recently became a site supporter, after about 5 years of skirting it. I can't complain about him now, as much as I dislike the fleecing he's given the forum.

90 real posts with 818 in the classifieds, shameful behavior IMO.

Yep, but at least he gave something back.

Is it so hard to have meaningful conversation on the internet? I will admit I usually lurk for a while on a new forum so I can feel the membership out. But I seldom have a hard time coming up with something meaningful.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not at all. As has been documented in the FAQs and many times in this thread, there are two ways to be considered a contributor to INGO. You can pay which helps keep the servers online and/or you can contribute content which makes the site interesting and attractive to users. You have chosen to take the latter route, which is fine. However, it is unjust for you to criticize those who take the pay route.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I just noticed one thing kind of funny. I was trying to sell 5 things. Over the last few months I started to post them here and on Armslist. I had far more problems with the people here than on Armslist being flippers. And of the five I sold, four were sold on Amslist.

Management here lost control.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Pudly, I see a lot of ads that are to keep the site open, and pays the guy that pays the bills.

Maybe this will explain it better. Say I had a store. And I sold space to people to sell stuff, and I give away a small place for customers that shop with me to sell there stuff. If they shop in the space and keep it clean and they help other members out that can use the space for free.

Now say some butt wipe from across the street just walks in and drops his wear's and hocks his stuff. He never cleans up after himself. No one in the building benefits from him being there but him. How is it fair that he doesn't have to do anything and others have to contribute for this butt wipe?

This forum is not a entitlement. As mentioned up thread and in thousands of post: There are 2 was to contribute. With content, or a donation. The 50 runners and classified squatters are here for a handout. They are worthless to this forum. JMHO though, but many agree with me.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Maybe this will explain it better. Say I had a store. And I sold space to people to sell stuff, and I give away a small place for customers that shop with me to sell there stuff. If they shop in the space and keep it clean and they help other members out that can use the space for free.

Now say some butt wipe from across the street just walks in and drops his wear's and hocks his stuff. He never cleans up after himself. No one in the building benefits from him being there but him. How is it fair that he doesn't have to do anything and others have to contribute for this butt wipe?

This forum is not a entitlement. As mentioned up thread and in thousands of post: There are 2 was to contribute. With content, or a donation. The 50 runners and classified squatters are here for a handout. They are worthless to this forum. JMHO though, but many agree with me.

I think management gets to make the rule.
    I really have no problem with the rules.
    But, don't tell me you need 50 post to make sure you are ok . . . or you need to pay up.
    It is just another way for them to make money, and that is what it is all about, making money.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think management gets to make the rule.
    I really have no problem with the rules.
    But, don't tell me you need 50 post to make sure you are ok . . . or you need to pay up.
    It is just another way for them to make money, and that is what it is all about, making money.

The management did make the 50 post rule. Read the rules man. Its there. Seriously, it's there.

And yeah, I don't think this forum isn't about making money. It is about being profitable enough to support itself and the owner. And hopefully it allow the management to make more forums. Do you hate Capitalism? I don't. I embrace it!

And I would not propose to tell you who to deal with. You can deal with whom ever you like. If this thread bugs you why even bother posting here? It seems to really bother you.

You will not find many supporters of the 50 post runner crowd here. In fact we call them out as we see them so members can judge for themselves. This thread is what it is. If you don't agree then complain to the management.

And I have no issues with you or with you having an opinion different then mine. We all have them and they can be different. NP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom