The purge of conservatives from the Republican party has begun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Night Of The Long Knives: 'Fake' Conservative John Boehner Purges The GOP | ZeroHedge

On Monday, the Republican Steering Committee, which is chaired by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), voted to remove Reps. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Tim Huelskamp (R-Kansas) from the House Budget Commtitee. Reps. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.) lost their positions on the Financial Services Committee.

The four members are known for occasionally bucking leadership and voting against Boehner’s wishes. Amash, Huelskamp and Schweikert are popular with the conservative movement, while Jones has made a name for himself by speaking out against U.S. involvement in Afghanistan.

Reuters notes that removing Amash and Huelskamp from the Budget Committee “could make it easier for the panel to advance a deal with Democrats to cut fiscal deficits” — which is exactly what many conservative groups are afraid of.

Huelskamp unloaded on GOP leadership Tuesday at a Heritage Foundation event in Washington, saying, “We were not notified about what might occur but it confirms in my mind the deepest suspicions that most Americans have about Washington D.C: it’s petty, it’s vindictive, and if you have conservative principles you will be punished.”

Conservatives bite back over House GOP purge

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) took a public shot at House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) Tuesday night, in the wake of a shake-up that knocked a small group of conservatives off prominent committees.
    Still waiting for call from GOP leadership. Are they too embarrassed to explain they booted me for working to reduce debt?
    — Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) December 5, 2012
    Republican leaders told National Journal that the Republican Steering Committee made the moves after looking at multiple factors, including voting against leadership or committee chairs too often.

At a Heritage Foundation lunch Tuesday, Huelskamp suggested the purge was punishment for being too conservative: “It’s petty, its vindictive, and if you have any conservative principles you will be punished for articulating those.”

Schweikert told Roll Call that if the move was an intimidation attempt, it won’t work. “You still just work your heart out. You don’t all the sudden become a squish,” he said. “I’m bemused.”

Conservative groups have defended the lawmakers and scolded Boehner.
    “This is establishment thinking, circling the wagons around yes-men and punishing anyone that dares to take a stand for good public policy,” FreedomWorks president Matt Kibbe said in a statement. The group urged activists to call Boehner and demand he restore the lawmakers to their committee spots.

House committee purge may continue as Boehner tightens grip | Reuters
    House committee purge may continue as Boehner tightens grip

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner's purge of some dissident Republican congressmen from key committees may continue as he seeks to tighten control over his unruly caucus ahead of difficult votes on "fiscal cliff" issues.
    House Republican lawmakers said on Wednesday that in addition to the four conservatives who were stripped of their committee assignments earlier this week, other unnamed lawmakers were warned that their votes need to be more in line with party leadership and committee chairmen.
    In effect, these congressmen are not "team players" working constructively with committee colleagues and leadership, Representative Pat Tiberi, a close Republican ally of Boehner from his home state of Ohio, told Reuters. Gone are the days when a lawmaker could expect "to stay on a committee forever," Tiberi said.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    No. This was a purge of the Tea Party. Boehner is far from being a non-conservative.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No. This was a purge of the Tea Party. Boehner is far from conservative.

I agree Boehner is far from conservative,but of those purged only 2 where "Tea Party" Republicans.The others have stood for a balanced budget for years(before there was a tea party),and one was against increased defense spending and the war in Afghanistan.

In short if you do not agree with the Republican party leadership,you will not be on a committee of any importance.

This is just a continuation of what they did at the National convention.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elegates_bus_ride_rule_16_12_and_40_pass.html

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    the question that always goes thru my mind, when i see this kind of bull**** is

-what are WE going to do about it-

i've posed this question several times to this group and no one has an answer. in fairness, i don't either. it seems like, we all have a goal, and we know what we want to happen, but we have no idea how to achieve it.
    this is the purpose of leaders, to actualize the goal of the people that they lead.
    our elected leadership has failed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

i've posed this question several times to this group and no one has an answer. in fairness, i don't either. it seems like, we all have a goal, and we know what we want to happen, but we have no idea how to achieve it.
    this is the purpose of leaders, to actualize the goal of the people that they lead.
    Some here have said what they are doing about it, they are voting for 3rd parties that do not represent the establishment of the R's & D's. Or for R's like Congressman Paul

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The general consensus here is that the answer is to keep voting republican.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Historians of the future will write of the shame the American people brought upon themselves by electing Barack Hussein Obama (not once but twice.) At the same time, they will write of the suicide committed by the Republican Party that allowed it to happen and fester (there has not been a true Republican in the WH since 1988.) Boehner is no friend to true conservatives or to our country. In many ways, he is just as dangerous as Barack Hussein. Getting rid of him as Speaker should be Job #1 for the incoming House.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You can't say the Republican party has been infiltrated after they ran Romney for president. Sorry.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just think of the potential if a few of these people that Boehner is trying to run over, the four given the right foot of GOP fellowship and the others who have been threatened, would ditch the GOP and start their own party or else join a like-minded third party.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just think of the potential if a few of these people that Boehner is trying to run over, the four given the right foot of GOP fellowship and the others who have been threatened, would ditch the GOP and start their own party or else join a like-minded third party.

You trying to make heads explode or what?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The time may be closer than we all think.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm listening.

There are those that would vote for Pelosi if she had an R by her name. It won't matter how low the repub party sinks. They've got their base locked up. They keep losing elections and they're doubling down on the very things that caused them to lose.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Historians of the future will write of the shame the American people brought upon themselves by electing Barack Hussein Obama (not once but twice.)

Not likely. The winners write the history books and BHO will be lauded as one of the "great" presidents like FDR.

Top Bottom