• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Calexico area: DHS uses it's lawful waiver authority to start working on the wall or at least clear the way. First priority, replacing 2 miles of existing, old, ineffective wall "that starts at the Calexico West port of entry and extends westward" and extended it an additional mile. Three miles total.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...mental-reviews-california-border-wall-n800876

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...migration-reform-and-immigrant-responsibility

DHS started a similar project in the San Diego sector last month.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/08/01...e-border-construction-projects-san-diego-area

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...migration-reform-and-immigrant-responsibility

This project replaces and erects a wall for the 15 miles of the border starting at the Pacific ocean and extending 15 miles eastward "extending to approximately one mile east of Border Monument 251."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    SupermanIllegalImmigrants-640x480.jpg

Superman Saves Immigrants From a Hate Crime, and the Internet Has Something To Say About It

Superman Protects Undocumented Workers From Armed White Supremacist in Latest Comic | Hollywood Reporter

Superman Shields Illegal Immigrants from White Supremacist in Latest DC Comic

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Bold choice.

Old media/film/TV trope- if you want to make anyone look like a hero even when they're not, insert Nazis/white supremecists. By comparison, they'll seem like......Superman.

I've never really felt the need to announce my anti-white power bonafides. When people do, it really makes me wonder about them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So did he or didn't he?

Agree with Dems on a DACA replacement.

If he did, is that good?

If he didn't, is that better?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Bold choice.

Old media/film/TV trope- if you want to make anyone look like a hero even when they're not, insert Nazis/white supremecists. By comparison, they'll seem like......Superman.

I've never really felt the need to announce my anti-white power bonafides. When people do, it really makes me wonder about them.
    Would be interesting for Marvel to have Black Panther save some white supremacists from antifa.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If he did and they do it's not only a good thing it's the right thing to do.

The only context in which one could say it's the right thing to do is if the conditions which caused the problem are eliminated. It is unsustainable otherwise. I would suggest the virtue-signalers put their own money where their mouths are rather than feigning morality with other people's resources.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The only context in which one could say it's the right thing to do is if the conditions which caused the problem are eliminated. It is unsustainable otherwise. I would suggest the virtue-signalers put their own money where their mouths are rather than feigning morality with other people's resources.

I could say the same thing when it comes to abortion.

This condition we find ourselves in with illegal immigration to a large extent and as long as it went on has a great to do with our failure to properly address it from the get go. And it's not like those who have such a loud voice about how illegal it is now didn't have a great deal to do with making it even worse in the first place. It is possible to be humane and compassionate as well as going about getting fixed at the same time.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Hell, from what I heard it seems as it makes practical sense as well. Sounds like the majority of dreamers are actually the type of Americans we need in the first place.sounds like for the most part these people are intelligent, hard working, have a great desire to participate, and seek a better life.

Doesn't sound much like the welfare generation for which a good part are what are generally being produced nowadays.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hell, from what I heard it seems as it makes practical sense as well. Sounds like the majority of dreamers are actually the type of Americans we need in the first place.sounds like for the most part these people are intelligent, hard working, have a great desire to participate, and seek a better life.

Doesn't sound much like the welfare generation for which a good part are what are generally being produced nowadays.

Of course that's what it sounds like.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could say the same thing when it comes to abortion.

This condition we find ourselves in with illegal immigration to a large extent and as long as it went on has a great to do with our failure to properly address it from the get go. And it's not like those who have such a loud voice about how illegal it is now didn't have a great deal to do with making it even worse in the first place. It is possible to be humane and compassionate as well as going about getting fixed at the same time.

Well, no you can't. No one is trying to be moral with other people's money. You ask them, and they're just trying to prevent murder. It's not really the same. I've said enough about my own views on abortion that I'm not going to rehash it hear. Suffice it to say I'm not anti-abortion during the first trimester. And that's actually where most people are at.

But you're not going to absolve the left of their sins by going after the right. That's just a dodge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's a process for becoming an American. How about we just stick to that process? If they apply for and pursue citizenship, I'm not opposed to giving them some sort of non-citizen temporary legal status pending their full citizenship. No free stuff. And, if they get into trouble, they're out. I think that's fair to current US citizens, it's fair to those going through the process legally, and it's fair to them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There's a process for becoming an American. How about we just stick to that process? If they apply for and pursue citizenship, I'm not opposed to giving them some sort of non-citizen temporary legal status pending their full citizenship. No free stuff. And, if they get into trouble, they're out. I think that's fair to current US citizens, it's fair to those going through the process legally, and it's fair to them.

:yesway:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Yep, yep. Let's make sure we prosecute the hell out of those little six year olds that had nothing to say when it came to their parents illegal immigration. Yep yep. Let's make sure we deport those 21 year olds that have no idea what it's like to live in Mexico.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yep, yep. Let's make sure we prosecute the hell out of those little six year olds that had nothing to say when it came to their parents illegal immigration. Yep yep. Let's make sure we deport those 21 year olds that have no idea what it's like to live in Mexico.

sounds like a plan......but you need to get the parents for coming ILLEGALLY in the first place.....why does no one get the law is the law....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's what DACA is, generally. Deferred enforcement allows them to stay and pursue a track to citizenship that isn't available to people still outside our borders.

Children of illegal aliens can't pursue citizenship, or even permanent resident status, if they weren't born here.

At the risk of changing your mind, isn't that "path to citizenship" for children who came here illegally a version of amnesty?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

So then would you be fine with deporting the minority of the "dreamers" who are "deplorables" among the 800,000? The felons, drug dealers, gun runners, domestic abusers, gang members, drunk drivers, etc... or are here for a free ride on welfare benefits?

That we already have too many of without needing to import more, and who make society worse, not better?

Keep the ones who work hard, contribute to our society, go to college, serve in the military, get jobs, work hard, pay taxes, can keep their noses clean... and send the others back.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So then would you be fine with deporting the minority of the "dreamers" who are "deplorables" among the 800,000? The felons, drug dealers, gun runners, domestic abusers, gang members, drunk drivers, etc... or are here for a free ride on welfare benefits?

That we already have too many of without needing to import more, and who make society worse, not better?

Keep the ones who work hard, contribute to our society, go to college, serve in the military, get jobs, work hard, pay taxes, can keep their noses clean... and send the others back.

None of them are Dreamers, if they are convicted of any of those, they aren't eligible.

Top Bottom