• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't even want to be in this argument - I just call out a foul when I see it. It's no different than calling out the pastor for taking a verse out of context in Sunday's sermon.

Heck, I may think the wall is a great idea - just argue about it fairly.

Did you perhaps see my post about the congruence between 'fair' and 'fairy tale'

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Making laws about employing illegal immigrants is not a solution, it is just the creation of more problems, and we already have enough problems.

Sure it is. We just don't have the nads to do it.

If an Amercan company is found to be employing illegals in any way, all tax deductions are void for five years. Illegal immigration solved immediately. For good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will grant that I responded sarcastically (which I hope is certainly not out of character) to a challenge from an unexpected quarter. I deliberately mimicked the form you used and didn't necessarily spend a great deal of time on any other aspect of the reply other than it should show displeasure, and i will grant that the tax season criticism was chosen to be biting, not because I really believe that is what might be motivating you. I am taking the time to make these admissions because I do actually like and respect you for the most part so I am sorry about the parts that may have been less than fair. At jamil's behest, I have addressed the necessary refutation of Kut's 'solution'. I guess a solution on offer doesn't have to offer any practicality, thus I reserve the right to switch allegiance to overlapping fields of fire if a mere wall doesn't work

Perhaps next time you could shout "Point of order" as a preface to your jumping into the ring :)

Thank you, good sir.

I'm still not letting you catch me on post count! ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

If an Amercan company is found to be employing illegals in any way, all tax deductions are void for five years. Illegal immigration solved immediately.

Exactly. You don't need to point fingers at at any person specifically. If Acme has to fire a lackey in HR because of a violation, will they care? Nope.

Hit'em where it hurts - their wallet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If an Amercan company is found to be employing illegals in any way, all tax deductions are void for five years. Illegal immigration solved immediately. For good.

For that kind of money, you make it worth paying a lot of lawyers a lot of billable hours to fight at the local, district, state, appellate, circuit and supreme court levels (and 39 states elect at least some of their judges, so money/influence has an 'in')

Justice delayed is something something

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Gee that sounds nice and simple.
    But...
    Problems with writing the bill. Plenty of opportunities to hork this up.
    Problems with getting it passed - brings to mind snowballs melting and flying pigs and monkeys.
    Problems with unintended consequences.
    Problems with identifying illegals - basic definition, legal status ambiguity, anchor babies, extended family, lying, phony documents
    Problems with enforcement - amnesty regions that refuse to enforce, manpower required
    Problems with legal issues - millions of court cases, millions of appeal cases, layers and layers of wonk

Meanwhile back at the border... they just keep coming because nothing changed to stop them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    LULZ... It's not an attack ack ack ack you oughta know by now.
    Excuse me, I'm now going to "attack" a ruben sandwich for lunch.
    I like this plan. I think attacking a ruben is a logical solution that I can get behind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Gee that sounds nice and simple.
    But...
    Problems with writing the bill. Plenty of opportunities to hork this up.
    Problems with getting it passed - brings to mind snowballs melting and flying pigs and monkeys.
    Problems with unintended consequences.
    Problems with identifying illegals - basic definition, legal status ambiguity, anchor babies, extended family, lying, phony documents
    Problems with enforcement - amnesty regions that refuse to enforce, manpower required
    Problems with legal issues - millions of court cases, millions of appeal cases, layers and layers of wonk

Meanwhile back at the border... they just keep coming because nothing changed to stop them.

No problem. We can start all that crap about this time next year.

I'm in favor of the wall for security reasons, but it wont be necessary from an illegal alien perspective, if we kill their incentives. First we give the illegal employers the teeth, then in a few years we begin phasing out welfare for the illegals. Problem solved forever...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Right idea, but a little harsh. Give companies time to adapt. A progressive penalty, which can eventually end up with voided deductions, is sure to get their attention.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Right idea, but a little harsh. Give companies time to adapt. A progressive penalty, which can eventually end up with voided deductions, is sure to get their attention.

Not much for the word "progressive," but sounds good and at the same time puts the foot up congress' ass to reform immigration procedures rather than use it as a talking point.

Top Bottom