• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I thought my words might be misconstrued.
    My post was not about Trump or his policies. I only addressed the issue with the power of the POTUS, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, he's a great president.

This is exactly the problem I was talking about in the context of any POTUS gaining too much power.
    Trump may be just fine doing more than two terms as president, but can you say that with absolute certainty about his successor?

I do find the actions of the Democratic party much more disturbing. You seem to be insinuating that this is my preferred party. I assure you it is not.

Most certainly!
    Trump had to come to the rescue in part precisely because previous presidents gained ever more power and did not use it wisely.

To conclude, this certainly is an exceptional time, and departures from conventions are meant for such times.
    However, I do not see much deliberation in the public square, so to say, about entrusting POTUS (any POTUS) with even more power -- and that is troubling.

I would say that we are thinking the same way. My answer to your last and most important point is that by and large the same owners own the politicians on both sides of the aisle. May I hold up in evidence the notable lack of dissimilarity in practice between Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, and the other Clinton. They alternated between people they gave lip service and people they irritated, but in practice they all followed the globalist agenda while doing little more than stirring the pot regarding the politically "hot" issues. I would emphasize that the globalist agenda requires the consolidation of power in Washington and OUT of the hands of We the People to whom it rightfully belongs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Joe Biden is an unabashed globalist as well. He would most certainly carry on the tradition.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    I would say that we are thinking the same way. My answer to your last and most important point is that by and large the same owners own the politicians on both sides of the aisle.
    Exactly. I am in complete agreement.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There's been times when the border problem has looked entirely too much like creating a problem to plug in a solution that is really just an item on an agenda list. Scanning in biometric universal ID for everyone is the solution that has seemed likely.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    India has established biometric ID for their 1.whatever billion. Turkey says they intend to be done 2020 or so. Brazil says finishing soon. Several countries already have their systems in place. The US will need a little something to make it look like a swell idea.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    India has established biometric ID for their 1.whatever billion. Turkey says they intend to be done 2020 or so. Brazil says finishing soon. Several countries already have their systems in place. The US will need a little something to make it look like a swell idea.

They're already working toward it with the "Real-ID" stuff.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    rmWzPVu.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Novel idea “non citizens “ should be given rights and privileges of citizens.

BTW
    Why would a 70+ year old billionaire run for office for personal gain after he donates his salary to the government ?

Playing golf on closed courses. No waiting. 3 hour rounds.

Daily publicity for the Trump franchises.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    you people always play this without a ounce of proof....

You people. I'm not some minority, dude. You don't get to use "you people".

There is a lot of proof on how many rounds Trump has played since he became president. But, the blind cannot see.

How many times has Trump played golf as President of the United States? Since taking office on Jan. 20, 2017, Mr. Trump has reportedly been on the grounds of his golf courses or played golf elsewhere 214 times since becoming President, and that's as of July 27, 2019.

The cost of Trump's golf rounds to the American taxpayer varies by round and course, but it has totaled so far in the tens of millions of dollars.

He previously was on pace to visit his golf clubs more than 650 times in an eight-year presidency. However, his pace as of Aug. 6, 2018 now indicates Trump would spend as much as 745 days of his presidency at a golf course if he wins a second term and serves both terms to completion.

google it yourself if you doubt the quote

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You people. I'm not some minority, dude. You don't get to use "you people".

There is a lot of proof on how many rounds Trump has played since he became president. But, the blind cannot see.

google it yourself if you doubt the quote

he played a lot of golf before.....the "you people" is you think he is in it for cash which is total BS.....that is where i was going not golf....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    he played a lot of golf before.....the "you people" is you think he is in it for cash which is total BS.....that is where i was going not golf....
    He might've played a lot of golf before but it was'nt on the taxpayer's dime I think is what Alpo is getting at.

Top Bottom