• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Democrats like Pelosi are ok with doing nothing to stop the influx at the border but it's a different story if that influx should suddenly arrive at their doorstep.

Speaker Pelosi decries Trump for trying to play political games with illegal immigrants but all Trump is doing is flipping the script on her for doing the same thing by refusing to do anything to help address the crisis down on the border for political gain.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Democrats like Pelosi are ok with doing nothing to stop the influx at the border but it's a different story if that influx should suddenly arrive at their doorstep.

Speaker Pelosi decries Trump for trying to play political games with with illegal immigrants but all Trump is doing is flipping the script on her for doing the same thing buy refusing to do anything to help address the crisis down on the border for political gain.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KG1 again.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    eRXnQnN.jpg

Game, set and match.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Democrats like the Mayor of Oakland and Governor Gavin Newsom like to talk the talk but when push comes to shove then they deflect. You all have open border and sanctuary policies. Time to back them up and share the load then.

Why is it fair for localities close to the border to suffer the brunt of the illegal migration crisis when a majority are released into their communities? Democrats claim Trump's proposal to relocate them to sanctuary cities is immoral and illegal. How is it immoral for Trump to send them to your sanctuarys when you claim to welcome them and are willing to take care of their needs? Seems to be the perfect place to relocate.

Why then would'nt it be even more immoral to resist Trump's effort to do so?

As far as the illegal angle goes it's pretty obvious to see what that's all about. It's a set up for them take the issue into the courts and find a sympathetic judge to put a stop to Trump's initiative if he attempts to carry out his relocation proposal like they always do.

Time to step up to the plate Democrats and take responsibility for easing the humanitarian crisis down on the border. I think the illegals should be processed into the system then transported to sanctuary cities and make them responsible for their needs and hold those sanctuary government officials accountable for the illegals until such time for them to show up for their designated court hearings.

Come on Dems. It's time to welcome them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've often wondered why she didn't "tear down that wall" around her gated community and invite them in.

Not really, I know that illegals are already welcomed with open arms in her gated community.

To spread mulch, mow the yard, re-roof houses, etc, etc, etc.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Should have just done it and not announced it.

On the other hand, by announcing it, he's putting dems like Pelosi's hypocrisy on display for everyone to see.

DoggyDaddy is right that this is soooo much better. They don't actually have to do a catch and release while still revealing the hypocrisy of the left. This is one of those things that normal people will notice. One has to perform some pretty difficult mental gymnastics to justify the 180 degree change in position from the Democrats in these cities. I think it will ultimately be a bridge to far for most rational thinking people.

But make no mistake, the Trump administration stumbled into this. It was never a legitimate policy proposal. It was a wacky idea proposed in a brain storming meeting by White House advisor Stephen Miller, who the left already claim is a white nationalist.

Somehow it got leaked to The Washington Post who wrote the story thinking it would show how racist the Trump administration is. Because they are blinded by their hatred for all things Trump, they failed to even consider that their hit piece would blow up in their face and be seen as the steaming pile of hypocrisy that it is. Trump's team was smart enough to jump on it.

This is just one of many examples of the media inadvertently helping Trump while trying desperately to hurt him.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I still think he should have just done it. On a large scale. I highly doubt Oakland could handle 100,000 illegals suddenly being delivered unexpectedly. The reason the leftist politicians are crying about this, in my opinion, is they know such a maneuver would likely bankrupt their cities, their voters would get mad, and maybe vote them out.

Putting their hypocrisy on display is all well and good, but ultimately pointless. Everyone already knows they're hypocrites. The voters who elect these people don't care. But they might care about their cities going bankrupt.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I still think he should have just done it. On a large scale. I highly doubt Oakland could handle 100,000 illegals suddenly being delivered unexpectedly. The reason the leftist politicians are crying about this, in my opinion, is they know such a maneuver would likely bankrupt their cities, their voters would get mad, and maybe vote them out.

Putting their hypocrisy on display is all well and good, but ultimately pointless. Everyone already knows they're hypocrites. The voters who elect these people don't care. But they might care about their cities going bankrupt.
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why the leftist are resisting this proposal. They can already see how quickly it's overwhelming the system down on the border. They don't want to deal with how taxing it would be on their resources and ultimately how their constituents would respond to that.

It's easy to criticize how the Trump administration has been trying to deal with the influx of illegals, essentially with no help from the Democrats, when the crisis isn't at your doorstep.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One wonders why they are not telling us what felony he was convicted of. It leads me to suspect that they are taking something not very menacing and turn it into a narrative that this man is a dangerous individual

I would also remind the dimwit governor that border jumpers are NOT asylum seekers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One wonders why they are not telling us what felony he was convicted of. It leads me to suspect that they are taking something not very menacing and turn it into a narrative that this man is a dangerous individual

I would also remind the dimwit governor that border jumpers are NOT asylum seekers.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/larry-mitchell-hopkins/
    Larry Hopkins: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Impersonating a police officer in MI, apparently. Not terribly confident in the source, though

Top Bottom