• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wasn't talking about politicians. I was talking about the men and women in uniform who would be enforcing a seizure of private property. And I know of no such notion of federal easement concerning the border, in fact, there are actual homes that straddle the border.

So.....
    They would need a passport to walk across their living room?

And it's illegal to eat certain fruits in the dinning room.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And yet, since he appears to be adopting what Dems have said in the past... it makes sense to you now.
    They've all said this in the past regarding immigration. Empty words for the most part. Kicked the can down the road.

Democrats will allow the government to be shut down over fighting Trump on the wall and complain the cost is too high and Americans will have to pay for it. Yet those same scum bags will steal our money to hand over to illegals for free healthcare, housing, education, legal costs, & other benefits or costs & have no problem doing it.
    These Democrats are pieces of ****

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Ocasio-Cortez says economic migrants who are attempting to enter the country, many of them illegally, are "more American than any person who seeks to keep them out ever will be"

Yes... “Non-Americans are more American than Americans,” said the woman tired of being fact-checked.

Technically they are Americans... :laugh:

Makes me want to put on my traje de luces and karoke Lee Greenwood.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah, it would've been a bit of an inversion of the original line, which is kinda why I think it would've been a cool reference.

I don't have to agree with something to admit it is good writing/speaking.

Heck, at a policy level, I disagreed with almost everything Obama said (partly because there was no consistency), but he knew how to deliver a good speechification.

I don't believe inversion (perversion) of Reagan's line would be 'good' writing/speaking. Effective, perhaps, for the ignorants, but not good, as in, it would be a lie. They didn't use it though, so I guess it's a mute point.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And yet, since he appears to be adopting what Dems have said in the past... it makes sense to you now.

This is disingenuous, T. Lex. The wall is only part of what Trump wants, and he mostly wants it because once built, it is not so easy for some other president to undo. It must be torn down rather than simply reprioritized

It is merely the most visible part of the fight (currently) and in no way can Trump's advocacy be parsed as merely adopting what the Democrats (said) they wanted

But recall from the early failed DACA negotiations, there are four things Trump wants - you know, just like there are four rules for safe gun handling (:stickpoke:)

1) The Wall - physical barrier backed up by increased resources, technology and personnel to discourage illegal immigration at the border

2) An end to chain migration

3) A skills-based visa system where what determines a persons approval as an emigre is based on what they have to offer the country - you know, like the one Canada and many other countries already have

4) An end to the visa lottery

2,3,and 4 are massively synergistic. Combine them with e-verify and no path to citizenship and they will make a huge dent in border jumping

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    When does a problem rise to a national emergency... especially when that problem/national emergency has been declining? Or better yet, at what point is a president able to unilaterally take action to solve it. This IS a manufactured crisis. Rather than letting one happen, and taking advantage of it, he decided to conjure up one of his own. If this "national emergency" was as pressing as the president is trying to tell us, why has he gone to congress, repeatedly, with his hands out, rather than acting on it himself?
    Just curious Kut,
    do you have locks on your doors/windows?
    if so, why? Do you have an above average number of people coming in uninvited?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Maybe I need to say it again. The Roosevelt Reservation applied to California, Arizona, and New Mexico, and exempted privately owned landed. For those who don't understand what that means, "privately owned land," is property NOT owned by the government, held in private hands, meaning those owners are not subject to the Roosevelt Reservation. Further, California, Arizona, and New Mexico are each individual states along the Mexican border, however, they are not the only states that border Mexico. Texas, is also a state that borders Mexico, and obviously the Roosevelt Reservation does not apply to it.

I reject your facts.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, it would've been a bit of an inversion of the original line, which is kinda why I think it would've been a cool reference.

I don't have to agree with something to admit it is good writing/speaking.

Heck, at a policy level, I disagreed with almost everything Obama said (partly because there was no consistency), but he knew how to deliver a good speechification.

To quote Mary Poppins, "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" ?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    [h=1]'Build the wall': North Dakota farmer plows message of support for Trump[/h]
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/build-the-wall-north-dakota-farmer-plows-message-of-support-for-trump

FarmerGeneBuildtheWall.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe I need to say it again. The Roosevelt Reservation applied to California, Arizona, and New Mexico, and exempted privately owned landed. For those who don't understand what that means, "privately owned land," is property NOT owned by the government, held in private hands, meaning those owners are not subject to the Roosevelt Reservation. Further, California, Arizona, and New Mexico are each individual states along the Mexican border, however, they are not the only states that border Mexico. Texas, is also a state that borders Mexico, and obviously the Roosevelt Reservation does not apply to it.

Uhh, text from Roosevelt's proclamation 758

Now therefore, I, THEODORE ROOSEVELT, President of the United States, do hereby declare, proclaim and make known that there are hereby reserved from entry, settlement or other form of appropriation under the public lands laws and set apart as a public reservation, all public lands within sixty feet of the international boundary between the United States and the Republic of Mexico, within the State of California and the Territories of Arizona and New Mexico; and where any river or stream forms any part of said international boundary line, this reservation shall be construed and taken as extending to and including all public lands belonging to the United States which lie within sixty feet of the margin of such river or stream

So, remind me again; what forms Texas' entire boundary with Mexico?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ah Hell..... 60 feet is plenty.
    Sad thing about the view though. Oh well. Who's been enjoying it up until now anyway? :dunno:

......besides Bigfoot.

Top Bottom