• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    It’s become sensationalism at this point and just a rally cry for/against by conservatives and liberals alike. I’m waiting until there are actual level-headed discussions by moderates who will get things done. I hope they try to think about this and what it will do to wildlife, industry, American citizens on the border, etc.

Until then it’s the usual rhetoric and blame game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    SCHUMER-PELOSI-MEME.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It’s become sensationalism at this point and just a rally cry for/against by conservatives and liberals alike. I’m waiting until there are actual level-headed discussions by moderates who will get things done. I hope they try to think about this and what it will do to wildlife, industry, American citizens on the border, etc.

Until then it’s the usual rhetoric and blame game.

Oh you're right on man.

And some are already endangered.
    Like the Dark Reddish-Brown Cinnamon Juga or the Masked Duskysnail. I tell you though, if we ever lost those cute little Blue-grey Taildroppers, I would just lose it.

Save the Snails - Stop the Wall!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    Oh you're right on man.

And some are already endangered.
    Like the Dark Reddish-Brown Cinnamon Juga or the Masked Duskysnail. I tell you though, if we ever lost those cute little Blue-grey Taildroppers, I would just lose it.

Save the Snails - Stop the Wall!

I was talking more about, say, jaguars coming back to the southwest, but every man has to take a position. Save the snails indeed!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Uhh, text from Roosevelt's proclamation 758

So, remind me again; what forms Texas' entire boundary with Mexico?
    It still only refers to publicly held land though. Most of the border is not owned by the US government.From what I can find, it looks like they only own about 1/3 of it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It still only refers to publicly held land though. Most of the border is not owned by the US government.From what I can find, it looks like they only own about 1/3 of it.

Protect the rest like they did in the movie, "Support your local Sheriff"...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Or a fake pill box that has hundreds of Tow Missile wires running to a plethora of black smoking holes in the ground. You won't even have to man it...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uhh, text from Roosevelt's proclamation 758

So, remind me again; what forms Texas' entire boundary with Mexico?

You know, you're reading that wrong right? The ";" and the comment "said boundary line" are things you apparently overlooked or misunderstood.

[FONT=&quot] Texas is perhaps the most daunting obstacle for the Trump administration thanks to President Theodore Roosevelt, who signed the “Roosevelt Reservation” in 1907. The reservation designated a public reservation of all public lands within 60 feet of the U.S.-Mexico border in California, New Mexico and Arizona. Texas, however, retained title to all its public lands within the state. Fast forward over a century later, and the state has sold off most of the land to ranchers, farmers, developers and homeowners along the Texas-Mexico border. Indeed, Texas may have the upper-hand in this land duel with the Trump administration.[/FONT]
    https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...t-funding-the-wall-trump-needs-the-land-first

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [video=youtube_share;59BC0m2OShE]http://youtu.be/59BC0m2OShE[/video]

I suppose I’ll need to fact check Tim Pool. Networks will need to get together before the next time to get their fact-checking straight.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [video=youtube_share;59BC0m2OShE]http://youtu.be/59BC0m2OShE[/video]

I suppose I’ll need to fact check Tim Pool. Networks will need to get together before the next time to get their fact-checking straight.

Or maybe they'll only broadcast presidential addresses on a taped delay like Don Lemon suggested, so they can pick it apart before they show it to the unwashed masses. You know, since they are the arbiters of truth.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Maybe I need to say it again. The Roosevelt Reservation applied to California, Arizona, and New Mexico, and exempted privately owned landed. For those who don't understand what that means, "privately owned land," is property NOT owned by the government, held in private hands, meaning those owners are not subject to the Roosevelt Reservation. Further, California, Arizona, and New Mexico are each individual states along the Mexican border, however, they are not the only states that border Mexico. Texas, is also a state that borders Mexico, and obviously the Roosevelt Reservation does not apply to it.

So, for example, any President, including Trump, can extend that "reservation" designation to publicly owned lands along the border in Texas as well? I recall reading about efforts to add physical barriers in the Rio Grande valley (Texas) upon public lands and all the difficulties Trump would face there, even though federal lands, due to butterflies or some such, IIRC. Would not get through the courts even in a second Trump term. Crickets on the existance of the Roosevelt Reservation and simply extending it. So, yes, to me, propaganda.

And, second, this designation of border adjacent property holding national security value, stretching back over 100 years, is additional justification for eminent domain seizures of private land. I've never been an E.D. fan :) but I could see securing the nation's borders rising to that level versus, say, building a mall parking lot.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Wasn't that an offer related to DACA protections?

I recall it being part of comprehensive immigration reform, that did include writing DACA into law, along with an end to "chain" immigration, a merit/points based immigration policy, eVerify with "teeth", border barriers, enforcement personnel, work permits, etc.

The Dems balked because it would be effective, IMO, and raised the ante to require amnesty/citizenship for all 12-20 million illegally present aliens, not just DACA, and that the amnesty would have to come first, before the enforcement parts... very much "fool me twice, shame on me", BTDT and still have the previous tee shirts.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    We'll bury it right next to common sense...

News flash, bilateral bipartisanship has been dead for decades... in the post mortem period, the filibuster is de facto, requiring 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything.

Anyone doubt that the Dems would "nuke" the filibuster if they had control of the Senate and really wanted to pass something? (think ACA/ObamaCare in 2014 if Dems had not had 60 votes)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom