Merrillville
    44295965_994892880717505_4776161159667515392_n.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indeed. It's a well funded and organized political march to fundamentally change the fabric of America.

Why don't the billionaire backers spend their money to help organize political change in the countries that they recruit their political fodder from?

Answer:They don't care about those failed corrupt counties with their failed policies. They only care about perpetuating a political power structure change campaign in the United States along with internal help from the Democrat Party.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    For those who do not like the term "fake news", the CNN article below is an example of why I view CNN as a propaganda organ of the Democrats.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/22/politics/wilbur-ross-deposition-block-supreme-court/index.html

The "reporter" reports the following as fact:

Not since 1950 has the census asked respondents whether they are US citizens.

Which is worst case, intentionally false, and best case, negligently misleading, so the only question, IMO, is whether CNN's propagandizing is intentional or less than competent reporting.

The truth of the matter is that for the 1960 census, the citizenship question was moved from the census "short form", with the questions which everyone receives once a decade, to the "long form" which only a percentage of the population receives on the decade. BOTH, together, comprise the 10-year census.

And, as AG Sessions states, the citizenship question has been on one of the two census forms for a century or more.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And, a little more research, and I found this:

https://www.census.gov/history/www/programs/demographic/american_community_survey.html

So, in 2010 the Obama administration changed the decade census (the one that determines the number of seats for congress) to ONLY be the short form.

This effectively ensured that no one would ever be asked the citizenship questions as part of the official, required, census.

Still, fundamentally alters the CNN story that until 1950, all households were asked the citizenship question. From 1950 to 2000, 1/6th of the households were asked until, unilaterally, under Obama, in 2010, it was completely removed from the 10-year census.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And, a little more research, and I found this:

https://www.census.gov/history/www/programs/demographic/american_community_survey.html

So, in 2010 the Obama administration changed the decade census (the one that determines the number of seats for congress) to ONLY be the short form.

This effectively ensured that no one would ever be asked the citizenship questions as part of the official, required, census.

Still, fundamentally alters the CNN story that until 1950, all households were asked the citizenship question. From 1950 to 2000, 1/6th of the households were asked until, unilaterally, under Obama, in 2010, it was completely removed from the 10-year census.

Seems like that would be a good statistic to keep.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, the caravan is in motion again, now through Mexico, and given it's "success", apparently a second caravan has formed. I think this quote from the following NR article accurately describes my perception of what is going on, none of which is particularly persuasive that they are truly refugees...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/midterm-elections-progressive-politics-immigration-protests/

More than 5,000 mostly Honduran migrants say they will cross through Mexico. Then they plan to crash the American border, enter the U.S. illegally, claim refugee status, and demand asylum. Once inside the United States, the newcomers will count on a variety of ways to avoid deportation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, the caravan is in motion again, now through Mexico, and given it's "success", apparently a second caravan has formed. I think this quote from the following NR article accurately describes my perception of what is going on, none of which is particularly persuasive that they are truly refugees...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/midterm-elections-progressive-politics-immigration-protests/

There are picts of truckloads on the way in the horde thread, they should make good time.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

This is where the rubber meets the road. Dems are rapidly losing one of their traditional demographics, the blue collar worker. Flooding the labor market with immigrants from poor countries suppresses wages for people who work with their hands. Full stop.

Regardless of whether the immigration is legal or illegal, if there is a virtually limitless supply of workers lining up for $15/hour in LA, wages will not go up.

And, the Democratic Party establishment is just fine with that, which is a message that blue collar Americans are finally getting.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a dedicated thread for this yet, but I'll start the discussion here.

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthri...utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

Trump has announced plans to sign an executive order to end birthright citizenship to children born in the US to parents of illegal immigrants.

Obviously this is going to likely require interpretation of the 14th amendment. It will be interesting to watch this play out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is an executive overreach that will most likely be deemed unconstitutional.

More importantly, it rejects a fundamental aspect of American exceptionalism: that we don't care who your parents are. Trump's right. We probably are the only country in the world that has absolute birthright citizenship. That's what contributed to America's greatness. He fundamentally misunderstands that greatness.

Because he is incapable of understanding anything beyond greatness for HIM.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a dedicated thread for this yet, but I'll start the discussion here.

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthri...utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

Trump has announced plans to sign an executive order to end birthright citizenship to children born in the US to parents of illegal immigrants.

Obviously this is going to likely require interpretation of the 14th amendment. It will be interesting to watch this play out.

I expect a lot of INGO'ers to be claiming, "I was for executive orders before I was against them."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is an executive overreach that will most likely be deemed unconstitutional.

More importantly, it rejects a fundamental aspect of American exceptionalism: that we don't care who your parents are...

I agree. THIS does not need to be fixed.

An originalist judge would have a tough time getting past: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." U.S. Const. Amendment XIV.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It does need to be fixed. Sneaking across the border to have a free delivery and become a citizen should not be rewarded.

Chain migration is a bigger problem though

Top Bottom