• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You are correct that there were multiple groups doing wrong on this, but I am much more fearful of those who act with the power of the state (ICE) than those who act with the permission of the state (Those permitted to sign BCs).

Within the context of a discussion about parties acting improperly...I guess I'm sorta weirded out by those who dishonor their profession by making excuses for either one.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You are correct that there were multiple groups doing wrong on this, but I am much more fearful of those who act with the power of the state (ICE) than those who act with the permission of the state (Those permitted to sign BCs).

Not sure where ICE entered into this since it was the State Department that was "limbo-ing" applications that they didn't know what to do with. You attribute it to some inherent individual evil... I would call it the inherent crappiness of government bureaucracy. While the passport application process is an important part of ordinary people's lives, it is a piece of paper that has to move off the bureaucrat's desk. If they cannot check off "approved" or "denied", they'll make something up to move it off their desk or "round-file" it to make it disappear, again, off their desk.

I'm not defending this in any way, quite the contrary, it is an inherent "evil" of bureaucracies, whether government or non-government. At the end of the day, it's a paper-pusher's job to push the paper, day-in, day-out. It is jaded, but it's the way it is... I've seen it over and over. Only transparency of where and why these things pile up helps address the underlying issue... accountability.

On the other hand, the individuals abusing their office or swearing out false oaths to bend society to their will is a dangerous thing that should not be made light of... how much of how our society depends upon such oaths and fidelity to the law? The old standard was that if you could not fulfill your role, then you should resign. The new standard is to fulfill your own individual agenda... very dangerous when widespread, effectively chaos.

And, subversive abuse of power.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Not sure where ICE entered into this since it was the State Department that was "limbo-ing" applications that they didn't know what to do with. You attribute it to some inherent individual evil... I would call it the inherent crappiness of government bureaucracy. While the passport application process is an important part of ordinary people's lives, it is a piece of paper that has to move off the bureaucrat's desk. If they cannot check off "approved" or "denied", they'll make something up to move it off their desk or "round-file" it to make it disappear, again, off their desk.

I'm not defending this in any way, quite the contrary, it is an inherent "evil" of bureaucracies, whether government or non-government. At the end of the day, it's a paper-pusher's job to push the paper, day-in, day-out. It is jaded, but it's the way it is... I've seen it over and over. Only transparency of where and why these things pile up helps address the underlying issue... accountability.

On the other hand, the individuals abusing their office or swearing out false oaths to bend society to their will is a dangerous thing that should not be made light of... how much of how our society depends upon such oaths and fidelity to the law? The old standard was that if you could not fulfill your role, then you should resign. The new standard is to fulfill your own individual agenda... very dangerous when widespread, effectively chaos.

And, subversive abuse of power.

You are correct, for some reason I was thinking it was on the enforcement end but I was mistaken. I absolutely agree about those who dishonor their oaths, whether in government service or within their profession.

I am absolutely for prosecuting those who forged documents, particularly documents intended to subvert the laws of our nation.

I am sure there has always been some element of people within the government working to subvert lawful authority, but I’ve just never seen a time where it was so openly brazen and accepted, to the point they would write bragging about it in the newspaper.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/over-1000-hondurans-head-for-us-border-in-mass-migration-march-report

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Better hurry up and get that wall built. I think we need a moat too.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Fox: US, Mexico agree on plan to handle migrant caravan from Central America
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us...o-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america

Under the deal, which was developed over the course of several months, Mexico requested that the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) establish shelters along its southern border with Central America, the official said.

If an individual manages to evade the new system and travels through Mexico to eventually cross the border into the U.S., Mexico will now allow those persons to be returned to Mexico, the official told Fox News. Currently, the U.S. has had to house those people until their cases could be adjudicated before being removed to their country of origin.
    We will have to see how this plays out, but if as advertised, it's HYUUUUGGGE!

Stopping such "caravans" at Mexico's Southern border, rather than attempting to do so at our own, and verifying real refugee status, is a game changer.

Top Bottom