Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is that like having the 'coexist' bumper sticker on the back of your Subaru?

iu

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly. Otherwise, the red states wouldn't be able to fund their own. Besides, Kentucky (red state) is the worst pension offender.

:orly:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...erwhelm-state-budgets-taxpayers/#3f52e693759d

View attachment 86846

Top ten in per household unfunded liability/2016 presidential election results

AK/RED, CA/BLUE, CT/BLUE, IL/BLUE, AR/RED, HI/BLUE, OH/RED, NJ/BLUE, NV/BLUE, NM/BLUE

Kentucky not even top ten. Top ten 30% Red 70% Blue

But you're right that Kentucky is a red state, so you got that going for you
    :rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just watched my boss become giddy because a CNN alert popped up that trumps valet tested positive. She followed that up with “I hope he gets it too”.

really? I guess I just don’t understand spending that much time hating something.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just watched my boss become giddy because a CNN alert popped up that trumps valet tested positive. She followed that up with “I hope he gets it too”.

really? I guess I just don’t understand spending that much time hating something.
    "Love trumps hate"

Or something.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Well first off if the WH doesn't verify it I do not trust CNN as a source, they were the first with the now debunked N Korean dictator story.

Government has become to big a part of people's lives and the people have now joined teams and are emotionally invested in their teams. Those on the left want Trump dead and those on the right want Ginsburg the same. Also just another misinformed MSM viewer that thinks hiding will keep the virus away. Almost all of us will get it, but they don't get it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Here we go. The dems are almost ready to roll out their wish list of items to fundamentally transform America.

Pelosi, Schumer Set To Unveil Multi-Trillion Dollar, ‘Rooseveltian’ Coronavirus Relief Package

Pelosi commanded Democratic leadership to submit “wish lists” to her office earlier this week, telling House committee leaders and other key lawmakers to “think big” on relief projects. As a result, she and Schumer have, Fox News reports, compiled the “most far-reaching effort yet to address the economic fallout of the pandemic” — a “legislative laundry list” that will likely dwarf the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, which passed back in March.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sure, as soon as Bug answeres me.

The exact google search term was "unfunded state pension liabilities", and the Forbes link is the first one on the first page, so NONE

Are you sure you're not a progressive? Because a lot of what you think you know keeps turning out to be wrong

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

tosharri

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Plainfield
    When we received the stimulus check, I was wondering how that was supposed to help really - it didn't help the USPS delivery person on the East side of Indy much at all and she was just doing her job and trying to stay safe

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Enough. No more handouts! NONE!

When did debt have no meaning? Have we been in a low inflation period too long to remember what 21% interest rates looked like?

Absolutely in agreement. The probability of Weimar-style hyperinflation is increasing with every revolution of the Federal Reserve’s printing presses; and we know how that turned out for the world.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    trillions, billions, millions

The exact google search term was "unfunded state pension liabilities", and the Forbes link is the first one on the first page, so NONE

Are you sure you're not a progressive? Because a lot of what you think you know keeps turning out to be wrong

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Can you show us your data for comparison?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/pensions-states-funding-deficits
    https://taxfoundation.org/state-public-pension-plan-funding-coronavirus/

Oak mentioned unsustainable. Bug went to per household statistic which was not mentioned in Oak's Post or mine. Bug's best move would have been to ask for clarification from Oak or Me. Instead he proves he wants to disagree not have a constructive conversation. Which is ok. His knowledge may be great but its the 2nd time his research skills have come up lacking enough that, if I am interested in what he says, I should fact check it first.Using his own search terms, he could have looked at the top 5 hits and would have seen Kentucky listed as number 1.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom