Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was the week before Christmas and Ma wanted to shop at Walmart. She's on oxygen and has a handicapped tag. So There are 0 handicapped spaces free, half of them don't even have handicapped permit. There are half a dozen online order spaces free, which are just as close, so I park in one of those. A boy comes running outside and asks what the name on the order is and is greatly offended when I explain to him we were just parking there because the handicaps were full. He said he couldn't let me stay because they were way too busy to allow parking in the reserved spaces. So, I told him that if he would be so diligent in running off the non permitted vehicles as he was in jumping on me, I could understand his point a whole lot better.
    I always look for some kind of credential (plate or tag) when people park in handicap spots. Ticks me off when they don't have anything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was a highschool age boy changing his air filter in one today.

And of course, he left his trash and cart in a space when he left.
    Oh that really ticks me off too. And half the time, it's like 10 feet away from a cart corral. How freaking lazy do you have to be to do that crap??

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I'm persuaded that, as far as potential for return, platinum is the best buy, followed by silver and then gold.

Depends on the market you're seeking that return in.
    Bargaining with a coin shop, or precious metals dealer? Then that's probably very close to the truth.

If it's TEOTWAWKI and you're bargaining for hardtack and back bacon...not so much. People don't know platinum from pot metal, but GOLD.....this they know.
    Everyone knows gold. :spend: :runaway:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Depends on the market you're seeking that return in.
    Bargaining with a coin shop, or precious metals dealer? Then that's probably very close to the truth.

If it's TEOTWAWKI and you're bargaining for hardtack and back bacon...not so much. People don't know platinum from pot metal, but GOLD.....this they know.
    Everyone knows gold. :spend: :runaway:

Considering my health, I don't think I'll be bargaining long if things get bad.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Just trying to be realistic.

Like the bug out bag thread.

I saw it, but I'm not going to read it or post in it because I know if it gets to where you'd have to bug out, I won't need a bag where I'm going.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I was going to get one, but my Kroger was out. In fact the entire meat counter was empty. Some kid was stocking the coolers and I asked him about them and he kind of looked around, picked up various packages of meat and looked at them with a blank look on his face. It was pretty apparent he didn't know what he was doing. I may check another Kroger tomorrow.
    The one I went to had about 6 in the case. I had them trim the silver layer but leave the loin whole so that I can cut the individual steaks. I bacon wrap each one so I retains the moisture and you get a seared piece of bacon with your steak.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The one I went to had about 6 in the case. I had them trim the silver layer but leave the loin whole so that I can cut the individual steaks. I bacon wrap each one so I retains the moisture and you get a seared piece of bacon with your steak.
    I worked in the restaurant business for about 15 years and have cut more steaks than I can count, so I'm not worried about trimming the silver skin. I miss the days when I could get the whole tenderloins at Atlas Grocery in Broadripple (where David Letterman used to work!) for $4.89/lb even when other places were charging double that back in the 1980's and 1990's. $4.89 tenderloins and cheap guns... *sigh* Those were the good ol' days for sure!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I worked in the restaurant business for about 15 years and have cut more steaks than I can count, so I'm not worried about trimming the silver skin. I miss the days when I could get the whole tenderloins at Atlas Grocery in Broadripple (where David Letterman used to work!) for $4.89/lb even when other places were charging double that back in the 1980's and 1990's. $4.89 tenderloins and cheap guns... *sigh* Those were the good ol' days for sure!
    Oh, and when you get down to the "tail" of the tenderloin, you can still get steaks out of it if you butterfly them (sometimes more than once). :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom