Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hey DD

I got the floor swept and mopped and laundry well underway. I need to go start some chicken and dumplings as we have plans with friends tomorrow and I volunteered to cook something for dinner.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Power outage repair status has changed to "Assessment in progress" so a crew should be out working on it now. I can hear some sort of murr-murr off in the distance like some sort of machinery is running.

The ice is a lot worse than I thought it was too. There are like 4" icicles hanging off of the stuff in front of the house. The whole neighborhood is iced over.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    SIL finally got home about 30 minutes ago after being gone since early this morning to respond to accident calls. He texted hubby and told him no way are we going to get to Valpo tonight. 30 is apparently extremely bad...solid ice.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Found out in the past couple of days that my oldest sister is going to go into hospice care. After a bout with Covid and pneumonia (which we really didn't think she'd survive), she was sounding better and it was looking like she'd be going back to her assisted living apartment.

Just a few days ago she appeared to have suffered a stroke, and was incoherent. She regained enough of her faculties to make the decision that she wanted to stop her dialysis and go into hospice care. She's been through so many health issues for most of her life and she's just tired and ready to go. I can't say that I blame her.

The doctors said that once a person stops dialysis, they usually don't live for more than a week or two. :(

Sorry to here about your sister DD :(

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I should have taken a nap
    Still icy here, mostly seems like rain coming down now, no freezing rain.
    Power went out for about 5 seconds just enough to screw everything up

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Afternoon Red

Lots of ice here....several large pine limbs down all over the yard. Good thing I bought more bar oil and and new chain for my saw:ugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You guys up north definitely got it a lot worse than we did. Just let the dog out a few minutes ago and it felt like it's probably in the mid 40's here, and the rain has stopped.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Still 32 here. Trees are coated in ice. We haven't lost power but Marshall County has 8,000 without power the last I saw.

Hubby hasn't come home yet, but I hope he has changed his mind about going out. I don't want to go.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Nipsco now reporting 16,000 without power and those are only the reported ones (i.e., I'm the only who reported in my area, according to their map, but we're all down).

I'm wondering at what point I should consider digging the genny out. It's gonna get cool in here sooner or later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom