Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Afternoon all. Just finished a very large Reuben. I think they've got to be one of my favorite sammiches, if made properly (ie. Arby's "Reuben" is most definitely NOT a Reuben).

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Power just went out and then I heard the pop... So... This will probably be a lasting affair.

Time to see how long the UPSes keep me in internet and PC. Should be good for a day-ish, I think...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Found out in the past couple of days that my oldest sister is going to go into hospice care. After a bout with Covid and pneumonia (which we really didn't think she'd survive), she was sounding better and it was looking like she'd be going back to her assisted living apartment.

Just a few days ago she appeared to have suffered a stroke, and was incoherent. She regained enough of her faculties to make the decision that she wanted to stop her dialysis and go into hospice care. She's been through so many health issues for most of her life and she's just tired and ready to go. I can't say that I blame her.

The doctors said that once a person stops dialysis, they usually don't live for more than a week or two. :(

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Happy New Year everybody!
    It's a watch tree limbs turn white and have air fryer chimichurri cow hunks kabobs kinda day.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Is it from ice up there or something?

I assume so. This is the view out the back door... What you see on the screen is all ice.

vidpu61.png

Nipsco is saying outages from south of Goshen up to at least Bristol. Current ETA for restoration is 5pm.

Several hundred customers effected. Perfect timing for me to have bought a 900w UPS to go along with the little guy on my wifi and router and I filled my Jeep with non-ethanol gas last night if I need to drain it for the generator.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I assume so. This is the view out the back door... What you see on the screen is all ice.

vidpu61.png

Nipsco is saying outages from south of Goshen up to at least Bristol. Current ETA for restoration is 5pm.

Several hundred customers effected. Perfect timing for me to have bought a 900w UPS to go along with the little guy on my wifi and router and I filled my Jeep with non-ethanol gas last night if I need to drain it for the generator.
    Wow... It's warmed up enough down here to melt the little bit of ice we had earlier. Rain has let up a lot too.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Wow... It's warmed up enough down here to melt the little bit of ice we had earlier. Rain has let up a lot too.

It's melting here too, and honestly, I've seen a lot worse. My guess is that whatever piece of equipment made the "boom" was probably on its last leg or the tree next to it was. The wind is picking up, so, maybe also a contributing factor.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Looks like NWI is getting hammered too. Plymouth is reporting 800 customers out.

I may have to go man the NWI thread just to keep it warm for them. :laugh:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Indeed, DD. I'm planning to be out in the shop all week so I'll gladly take it. I was gonna go grocery shopping today and get that all in order, but... think I'm gonna hold off. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby came home and had a bowl of chili for lunch. He seems to think we are going to Valpo tonight. We'll see if it improves any in the next couple of hours.

We haven't lost power but everything is coated in ice here so it hasn't melted yet. My thermometer is steady at 32 so it's borderline for things to melt.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Nipsco's outage numbers have doubled in the last hour that I've been watching them. Up to 8000 customers out now, which are just the ones that have been reported of course.

Thank God it's not 15 degrees still!

Just noticed that Nipsco gives their ETA on restorations in CST time zone, so... 3 more hours of this, minimum. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom