• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Some days I open carry just so the sheeple will leave me alone. I have a mild headache today and didn't feel like being sociable when I had errands to run and cats to feed so I just open carried the whole time. Nothing bad happened and I didn't have to talk to anyone so it was a good trip out.

For the most part, when I open carry no one says anything. I have been asked where I work that I need to carry such a big gun and am I a police or corrections officer. No one has outright insulted me for carrying. Only men talk to me about carrying when I OC. Most interactions are very positive.

They are probably looking at your chest:naughty:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You should tell them big guns shoot easier.

And here I thought if I smiled pretty and cocked my head to the side I could just say something like "I like all my shooters big and strong." :wwub:

The vet clinic I work for feeds and takes care of the cats in the local park. I often OC while feeding the cats there. A couple weeks ago while I was feeding the cats a couple of workers came up to me on riding mowers. They stopped and jokingly raised their hands. They asked me if I was a LEO, I told them no, just a crazy cat lady. They asked me why I carry a gun. I told them because I am often alone in secluded areas so I'm not taking any chances. Then I told them I have 357 good reasons why someone isn't going to tell me I can't feed the cats. They laughed at my comment and told me they didn't blame me for carrying. Then they went about their business and I went about mine.

I almost think it might be easier for me to OC than for some of the men. I am as girl next door as it gets. There is nothing menacing or threatening about my appearance so guys tend to come up to me and ask questions about why I carry or what I am carrying. Most days no one seems to even notice I have a gun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I almost think it might be easier for me to OC than for some of the men. I am as girl next door as it gets. There is nothing menacing or threatening about my appearance so guys tend to come up to me and ask questions about why I carry or what I am carrying. Most days no one seems to even notice I have a gun.

I think there is a lot of truth to this.

Finally, a double standard that works in our favor, huh? ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ?"double standard"?

HA

We just let you girls think you're getting away with something every now and then.

Doing this tends to satisfy that instant gratification that you wemans are always craving. It's just one of those things we do to make you all a little easier to live with. :p

very little

Sadiee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    Wales
    Ive found alot of times when people are trying to demonstrate their rights of open carry they come off as jerks I mean I know they are trying to educate the public but there are other ways of doing so. because when they are out carrying openly supposedly trying to educate the public they are not actually educating them they are just making them more concernd. im just saying becareful the way you come off to people because they can come off with bad experiences as well as good ones.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ive found alot of times when people are trying to demonstrate their rights of open carry they come off as jerks I mean I know they are trying to educate the public but there are other ways of doing so. because when they are out carrying openly supposedly trying to educate the public they are not actually educating them they are just making them more concernd. im just saying becareful the way you come off to people because they can come off with bad experiences as well as good ones.
    Welcome to INGO! Stop by the "introductions" thread and say hello.

But, yes, don't be a jerk. Open carry or otherwise.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If someone is turned off by seeing someone open carry a firearm... its a good chance that trying to educate them is going to fail no matter the attitude of the teacher. Some people just hate guns and hate seeing them ...

Some people are jerks, with or without a gun. Doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    Few people have noticed mine. But the ones that do strike up a good conversation. What is the law? What am I carrying? etc.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Open carry is bad mmmmmkaaaaayyyyy.

nuh-uh-108806633311.jpeg

;)

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My opinion on it is. It's are right to do, but I don't think people should go test the law with ar-15 strapped to their back. Open carrying a pistol I don't really see why it makes people feel nervous. Obviously if your a bad guy that can't own a gun your not going to have it out in the open.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    My opinion on it is. It's are right to do, but I don't think people should go test the law with ar-15 strapped to their back. Open carrying a pistol I don't really see why it makes people feel nervous. Obviously if your a bad guy that can't own a gun your not going to have it out in the open.

So you don't think it would be okay for people, say, in a movie theater where a madman opens fire? I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a long gun than a handgun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's LEGAL to carry a long gun, open or otherwise, sans license/permit/permission. How is anyone "testing" the law by doing so?

I don't see how anyone feels nervous or threatened by a long gun OR a pistol OR a sword OR psycho cat.

Top Bottom