• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    How the hell am I stirring the pot? "About once a month", i suggest that both OC AND CC have their ups and downs....

If you cannot deal with reality, thats not my fault.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So -
    I guess it's been about a month then. I actually think your a little early though.
    Did you get a chance this month to read the OP? (that's the Opening Post)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Some days I open carry just so the sheeple will leave me alone. I have a mild headache today and didn't feel like being sociable when I had errands to run and cats to feed so I just open carried the whole time. Nothing bad happened and I didn't have to talk to anyone so it was a good trip out.

For the most part, when I open carry no one says anything. I have been asked where I work that I need to carry such a big gun and am I a police or corrections officer. No one has outright insulted me for carrying. Only men talk to me about carrying when I OC. Most interactions are very positive.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some days I open carry just so the sheeple will leave me alone. I have a mild headache today and didn't feel like being sociable when I had errands to run and cats to feed so I just open carried the whole time. Nothing bad happened and I didn't have to talk to anyone so it was a good trip out.

For the most part, when I open carry no one says anything. I have been asked where I work that I need to carry such a big gun and am I a police or corrections officer. No one has outright insulted me for carrying. Only men talk to me about carrying when I OC. Most interactions are very positive.

You should tell them big guns shoot easier.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    tumblr_lofmt8jp8W1qc7mh1.jpg

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    All that work, linking those posts, and you ruin it in the last line.

I think if you go back, you will find it wasn't YOUR question.

So? Bacon then?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    When I first started carrying I wanted to carry concealed because I didn't want anyone to know I had a gun. Heaven forbid I accidentally scare some dim wit who may happen to see my weapon. Now I just don't care. I carry for comfort now. For me, that means OWB.

Some parts of town I proudly open carry. I figure OC & CC are just like everything else, there's a time and a place for both. Depending where I am I will pull my T-shirt over my gun. It prints badly but at least people have to use their imagination to guess what is under my shirt. I try to do what a polite society expects. Usually I prefer to blend in and not draw attention to myself.

Same here. I CCed due to not wanting to upset the sheeple. Then I decided to try OC. It was more comfortable and no one noticed, so that became my carry method of choice. Now I'm looking for a smaller pistol that can be pocket carried for various reasons. As for what's under my shirt, it's my insulin pump...

I do the same thing sometimes.

For example - if I'm going into a baby store that doesn't have signs posted that carry is not 'allowed' - I will often still toss my shirt over it just to avoid scaring the sheep too much. Usually because I'm with my family and, while I realize I'm 100% legal, I'd prefer not to be harassed in this situation or to delay my family from doing what we're there to do.

I don't care whether I CC or OC but I largely OC for comfort. I do have a wonderful IWB rig that I've not used in around 6 months - mostly because I've not had an occasion where I felt it was a better idea than OC.

I did, just the other day, find out that when I was at the superbowl party at a friend's house OC'ing that I had apparently made one of their visitors nervous. He's extremely liberal and holds most of the standard views that are associated with a liberal. He felt that it was inappropriate that I had a firearm on me [unnecessary according to him], felt it was inappropriate that it was showing [unnecessary according to him] and the kicker was that there were plenty of small children as well... I found none of this out until months later.

Hopefully me being at that party and OC'ing and none of the children being injured and me being a responsible adult helped to alter his opinion or views even if only slightly. The friend of mine, that invited my family to the party, didn't say a word to me about it because they know I'm a responsible gun owner and that nothing bad is going to happen simply because I am armed.

Anyhow, enough of this thread for me - for today.

I had my uncle, who is a sheriff's deputy, pull my shirt over my handgun at a child's birthday party. I promptly corrected him and told him not to touch me again. He hasn't said a word to me about carrying since then.

It is protias. There is no u. ;) What does carrying in a bank have to do with anything? I and thousand of others have carried openly in banks with no issues. What do you mean by secured facility? Aren't those generally GFZs? Why break the law? GFZ is still a GFZ no matter how you look at it. I either don't carry in them or avoid them at all costs.

I get what he's saying about banks. I OC in my bank all the time, never had a word said to me, but I can tell it makes some people a little nervous when I do it. Doesn't mean I'm going to change how I do things.
    You will get to know me, I am just a trouble making pot stirrer or so I have been told. I don't care if one tapes it to their back like Bruce Willis did in Die Hard

I prefer taped to the forehead...

Or Condition Butterscotch.

Top Bottom