• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'll admit, I have one of those (we named him Genghis Khat for a reason; he punks my 65lb GSD daily) and there are nights I wonder if his desire to slice our throats with his claws will overcome his urge to curl up on the bed and be warm (I help him make the decision by setting the thermostat so that our room is a toasty 64* at night). I'm with you, I think I'd rather take my chances with the firearm.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The point I was making that there are a number of times when OCers act professional, dress nice, etc and still manage to get harassed by police...
    I'm SURE it happens. I am also sure that a)if you look shady, you will likely get treated shady, b) conversely, if you look clean-cut, you will likely be treated clean-cut, c) for every story we get on INGO about a perfectly nice OC-er getting jammed up, there were thousands of other OC-ers that day that didn't get a second look.

Want to minimize your chances of getting tazed, bro? Don't look or act like you need tazed. :shady:

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So you don't think it would be okay for people, say, in a movie theater where a madman opens fire? I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a long gun than a handgun.

See I get what your saying here, but people will probably think you are the mad man. That's what's wrong with today's world.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I'm SURE it happens. I am also sure that a)if you look shady, you will likely get treated shady, b) conversely, if you look clean-cut, you will likely be treated clean-cut, c) for every story we get on INGO about a perfectly nice OC-er getting jammed up, there were thousands of other OC-ers that day that didn't get a second look.

Want to minimize your chances of getting tazed, bro? Don't look or act like you need tazed. :shady:

I'm not sure how it is in IN, but here in WI, people of all walks of life OC and don't have (many) issues. There are at times some cops who think they are above the law though...

See I get what your saying here, but people will probably think you are the mad man. That's what's wrong with today's world.

And how many times have you heard/seen OC of rifles and not had issues? It is starting to be more common here in WI.

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm not sure how it is in IN, but here in WI, people of all walks of life OC and don't have (many) issues. There are at times some cops who think they are above the law though...

And how many times have you heard/seen OC of rifles and not had issues? It is starting to be more common here in WI.

I've never seen it once where I'm from personally.
    I still think if you are to walk into a theater with an rifle on your back someone is going to call the cops.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I've never seen it once where I'm from personally.
    I still think if you are to walk into a theater with an rifle on your back someone is going to call the cops.

And not with a handgun? Please, stop projecting what you think people will do and start seeing what people don't do (call the cops for lawful activity).

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And not with a handgun? Please, stop projecting what you think people will do and start seeing what people don't do (call the cops for lawful activity).

Yes I see OC of a handgun. Where I'm from I've never seen a rifle Open carried. I understand it's all lawful activity. I have no problem with it, I was just stating my opinion based off where I live, and how I think people would react. Why am I not aloud to voice my opinion, but you are?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Yes I see OC of a handgun. Where I'm from I've never seen a rifle Open carried. I understand it's all lawful activity. I have no problem with it, I was just stating my opinion based off where I live, and how I think people would react. Why am I not aloud to voice my opinion, but you are?

First, it is allowed, not aloud. ;)
    Second, again, go by what people do rather than what you believe.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    I think the main argument here in Indiana is sheeple reaction to open carry! As a young man I was stopped several times by LEO's due to civilian complaints about the boy and his gun. Most were understanding and quickly resolved. Generations are now being raised that guns are bad, and only bad people have guns if there not LEO's. We need to be more assertive in the war against perception than the anti2nd folks. It is about being able to defend yourself from those looking to deny you life, liberty, and property! 1911 because 911 takes to long!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think the main argument here in Indiana is sheeple reaction to open carry! As a young man I was stopped several times by LEO's due to civilian complaints about the boy and his gun. Most were understanding and quickly resolved. Generations are now being raised that guns are bad, and only bad people have guns if there not LEO's. We need to be more assertive in the war against perception than the anti2nd folks. It is about being able to defend yourself from those looking to deny you life, liberty, and property! 1911 because 911 takes to long!

Agreed. How can this be accomplished by concealing?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but people don't call the cops due to lawful activity? I would beg to differ.

You're more than welcome to voice your opinion around here, we also voice ours and engage in healthy debate. Just be prepared to back your opinion and either stand behind it with new and innovative ideas, or open your mind and possibly change your mind depending on what you read around here.
    First, it is allowed, not aloud. ;)
    Second, again, go by what people do rather than what you believe.

First, grammar. Fix it when you have no more argument. :D
    Second, people call the police to investigate MWAG calls, whether long gun or handgun, they get called.
    Agreed. How can this be accomplished by concealing?

Simple. You, uh... no, wait, you... ummm... I don't know. Care to help me out?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Maybe I'm misreading your post, but people don't call the cops due to lawful activity? I would beg to differ.

Much less than unlawful activity.

You're more than welcome to voice your opinion around here, we also voice ours and engage in healthy debate. Just be prepared to back your opinion and either stand behind it with new and innovative ideas, or open your mind and possibly change your mind depending on what you read around here.

Sure, anyone can voice an opinion, but make sure to have facts in hand when you get called out on it.

First, grammar. Fix it when you have no more argument. :D
    Second, people call the police to investigate MWAG calls, whether long gun or handgun, they get called.

No, not all the time. Most of the time people just ask me questions.

Top Bottom