• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ranger justus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Good post. I don't think Indiana law tells what we have. open carry.org states it as either. This is good, but if the Law Officer you face does not know the Law where does this put you? The problem is I don' think they know.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Good post. I don't think Indiana law tells what we have. open carry.org states it as either. This is good, but if the Law Officer you face does not know the Law where does this put you? The problem is I don' think they know.

The Indiana State Police LTCH FAQ kinda glosses over it, never coming right out and saying it is legal.. it also glosses over the fact we have no duty to inform in Indiana.. :rolleyes:

Does Indiana statute require me to carry the handgun on my person concealed or exposed?
    Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed weapon in public may alarm some people. Also, the right to carry a firearm may be restricted on private property and businesses by the owners. Be attentive for signs warning of restricted areas when carrying firearms into public places. If approached by law enforcement for official business such as traffic stops or complaint related inquiries, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are carrying a weapon or
    have a weapon in the vehicle and that you have a valid permit. A law enforcement officer does have the right to inspect the permit.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

The only LEO encounter I have had where he was misinformed, I offered him a copy of the IC, showed him the LTCH asked him to show me that it was a CC only document, and informed him that the ISP website listed it as being silent in IC. I also told him to come to this thread as soon as he started the usual argument.

BigMongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    plainfield IN.
    Open Carry or Concealed Carry who cares just carry!
    i completely agree

it doesnt matter whether you open carry or concealed bc its better to carry and not need it than not carry and need it.

if therre was just one person in CO. that had a piece of anything hell even a 22 would have stopped that dumbass

yes the fact that it was a no carry area so your telling me that there wasnt one person in that movie theater that didnt even have a damn knife hell thats better than nothing

just like the fact that it says no carry unless its a gov building i carry and then if it is a gov building i leave it in my vehicle so when i get back to my truck i put it right back on

im not a little guy but i would rather have it and be able to protect my family by killing that mugger/robber/thief/etc than him/her having a gun and killing me and my family

Last edited by a moderator:

kennywoolsey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Really Enjoyed the article. It shouldnt matter if you open or concealed carry but open can make others scared or uncomfortable. Either way its your right.

Top Bottom