• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    No, it's not. BUT, you are a member to the gun community and thus carry a certain level of "social responsibility" with you when presenting yourself in the "public eye" as a member of it. Your actions are seen as representory of the entire REST of the community whether one likes it or not, we're ALL stakeholders in that. I prefer to see those who OC (such as myself) NOT out their representing ME and my pashion for firearms badly and giving under-educated people MORE reason to hate us. :twocents:
    I was going more with the guy that says he conceals to avoid the questioning. Thus the, "not my job."

Also, while I do not feel this way, there are many people that would suggest CCing is more socially responsible and better for our cause because it does not "scare women and children, blah blah blah." Those same people have often told me that cases like T_F's are more likely to cause more restrictions than they loosen. Again, not my position, so leave the flaming for someone else.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I was going more with the guy that says he conceals to avoid the questioning. Thus the, "not my job."
    Yeah, I figured that. I was merely throwing that out there assuming that would be his response/feeling as well.
    Also, while I do not feel this way, there are many people that would suggest CCing is more socially responsible and better for our cause because it does not "scare women and children, blah blah blah." Those same people have often told me that cases like T_F's are more likely to cause more restrictions than they loosen. Again, not my position, so leave the flaming for someone else.
    I understand that's not YOUR position necessarily. That's really crossing a border of the premise of social responsibility though. I understand their theory, but that's not what that term is derived from/ discerning because it's not representory of a group.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Not my job. :D

Now look here -

It takes a village to raise a child, right?
    But if that village does the raising wrong. That child will grow up to be the Village Idiot.

It's up to us to educate the rest of the villages so they don't raise any more idiots.

We should all Carry for the children
    but I Open Carry for the Idiots. :rockwoot:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Those same people have often told me that cases like T_F's are more likely to cause more restrictions than they loosen.

So don't open carry, because if you do they are going to take away our right to open carry.

Yeah, I've actually heard this argument. :rolleyes:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    As part of my due diligence, I am digesting this thread from the beginning. What a herculean task! I'm only on page 37 now, but am very interested to see how/if attitudes have changed since the sensational news story of George Zimmerman earlier this year. Should be interesting, since what we discuss and do here in IN can obviously have repercussions far beyond our state borders.

I've owned firearms for years and have had a LTCH for decades -- yet seldom carry and NEVER OC. Needless to say, my eyes are being opened ...

Stay tuned. :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    As part of my due diligence, I am digesting this thread from the beginning. What a herculean task! I'm only on page 37 now, but am very interested to see how/if attitudes have changed since the sensational news story of George Zimmerman earlier this year. Should be interesting, since what we discuss and do here in IN can obviously have repercussions far beyond our state borders.

I've owned firearms for years and have had a LTCH for decades -- yet seldom carry and NEVER OC. Needless to say, my eyes are being opened ...

Stay tuned. :)

Interesting you brought up Zimmerman. You should find my thoughts on the matter at some point if you read through this whole thread. I also dedicated an entire thread to it after it got no response here.

Welcome to :ingo:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Thanks for the welcome, Titanium_Frost. I'll look for your comments.

What's particularly funny to me -- and this happens on all forums as a noob -- is that I am beginning to "know" some of the regulars here already. Some are authoritarian, some confident and some clueless. Quite a cross-section of humanity. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Thanks for the welcome, Titanium_Frost. I'll look for your comments.

What's particularly funny to me -- and this happens on all forums as a noob -- is that I am beginning to "know" some of the regulars here already. Some are authoritarian, some confident and some clueless. Quite a cross-section of humanity. :D

Soooooooo....

What label have you assigned to me....:popcorn:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nope, you'll have to wait. I'm only on page 83 now, and the jury's still out on you. :D

No worries, though ... I have ATM all figured out.

Please share that with the rest of us.

Oh I can't wait for this... He already threatened to grammar stalk me since I bounced on a n00b earlier in this thread (around March I think) :laugh:

And I even repped him! Damn, I give out a badge and a half...

Top Bottom