• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have been carrying since I turned 18 and originally oc'd but after so many people mostly LEOs giving me gruff I started to cc. I miss oc but find it so much easier not being asked to leave establishments and such. Does anyone else have these issues?

There are ways to minimize it but yeah, it happens. You have many hours of reading this forum ahead of you. It will provide you with abundant information. And don't give up on OC yet.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have been carrying since I turned 18 and originally oc'd but after so many people mostly LEOs giving me gruff I started to cc. I miss oc but find it so much easier not being asked to leave establishments and such. Does anyone else have these issues?

I do. I think sometimes they notice a little of my Desert Eagle peeking out of my speedo.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Learns the Laws and it makes it much easier to have the Officers leave you alone... ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

I can completely understand this. Some people don't OC because they don't want the hassle. And when LEO's give you trouble because you OC, it seems that it would be easier to just cover it up and avoid a confrontation in the first place.

I'll be honest, I've had the exact same thoughts.

But, here is something to consider. How do we as responsible gun owners get the general public as well as those few power tripping LEO's to stop giving us grief over OC? The answer: WE MAKE OC NORMAL. By that, I mean the more of us who OC, and know our rights and stand for our rights even when approached by LEO, the more normal OC will become normal and people won't freak out as much. The more people who OC, the easier it will be for the rest of us.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Wow, that was a very good article. Looking at 55 pages of responses over the last year it is really a topic that can get beat to death. 2 sides of a coin and everyone has a preference.

I personally prefer OC. I've had the same thoughts as the author of the article, including being the first thing taken out because I am armed. For me that risk is worth it. Seems though I do CC most of the time, mainly for those around me.

When going OC though, I have found that people are much more polite :-)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Wow, that was a very good article. Looking at 55 pages of responses over the last year it is really a topic that can get beat to death. 2 sides of a coin and everyone has a preference.

I personally prefer OC. I've had the same thoughts as the author of the article, including being the first thing taken out because I am armed. For me that risk is worth it. Seems though I do CC most of the time, mainly for those around me.

When going OC though, I have found that people are much more polite :-)

Welcome to our ranks! Not too long ago we couldn't even MENTION OC in a thread without 5 guys jumping down our throats about the things you mentioned. Recently I have noticed that our numbers have grown and tolerance has been reached. I can't remember the last time a thread was severely derailed solely on an OC/CC debate.

(I really want a shirt that has OC/CC written in AC/DC type letters...)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Welcome to our ranks! Not too long ago we couldn't even MENTION OC in a thread without 5 guys jumping down our throats about the things you mentioned. Recently I have noticed that our numbers have grown and tolerance has been reached. I can't remember the last time a thread was severely derailed solely on an OC/CC debate.

(I really want a shirt that has OC/CC written in AC/DC type letters...)

Hmm... We could make that. Easy.

Top Bottom