• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I told him one day all those pictures were going to catch up to him! :laugh:

Hope its only a Temp...

Da man always tryin' to keep me down!

nicethings-1.jpg

jeep946

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    i really like the way this is laid out. I carry both ways and find i get more looks in open carry set up then i do in concealed carry set up. I do believe there is a time and place for both. vary good reading. thanks for the post.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    i really like the way this is laid out. I carry both ways and find i get more looks in open carry set up then i do in concealed carry set up. I do believe there is a time and place for both. vary good reading. thanks for the post.

Why do you consider separate appropriate places for Open and Concealed carry? Sorry but this is an "argument" thread and we've been kinda slow in the whole "argument" side of it.

Oh and :welcome: to :ingo:

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I am a regular OCer 97% of the time. And I admit that it can be distracting for those around me. The few times that I will CC is in attending church. The purpose for me attending is to worship. It is also the purpose of those around me. Therefore, I CC so as not to be a distraction from the intended purpose.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I am a regular OCer 97% of the time. And I admit that it can be distracting for those around me. The few times that I will CC is in attending church. The purpose for me attending is to worship. It is also the purpose of those around me. Therefore, I CC so as not to be a distraction from the intended purpose.

I agree. And I also do the same. Just playin Devil's Advocate to get a worthwhile argument going.

Concealed carry seems like the way to go. No wild west...

Why do you see it that way? Are OCers just cowboys reliving the good old days of a bygone era? And what is so bad about that?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was going to get there if someone actually picked up on an ARGUMENT in a friggin ARGUMENT thread!

Here, I want to fit in:

I OC and I think CC is dumb. Why hide guns like a criminal.
    (Never to be heard from again)

Well you just gave up the element of surprise, and now have absolutely no choice whether to enter into a gunfight or not. Not only that, but every 5 year old girl, pot smoking teen, and crippled granny in a Hoveround will be able to just take your gun from you without you ever knowing. If they don't use it against you, the BG will take care of you since you will be his first target.

(did I miss anything?) :cool:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What holster do you cowboy wanna-be's use to OC with? :D

I'm VERY tempted to purchase an OC holster for the winter time. And the Raven is at the top of my list right now.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I use a Raven and I'm pretty sure ATM has a Raven as well.

I got a Raven because I have a gun that is difficult to find a holster for as they could custom make it. I am very pleased with it although it isn't the MOST comfortable holster I have worn. (The gun is a full size Taurus PT92 though)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I use a Raven and I'm pretty sure ATM has a Raven as well.

I got a Raven because I have a gun that is difficult to find a holster for as they could custom make it. I am very pleased with it although it isn't the MOST comfortable holster I have worn. (The gun is a full size Taurus PT92 though)
    Hard to find a Holster for a Taurus PT 92?!

You are aware that any Holster made to fit a Beretta 92 will fit your Taurus as they are almost direct copies of each other.... :popcorn:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    What holster do you cowboy wanna-be's use to OC with? :D

I'm VERY tempted to purchase an OC holster for the winter time. And the Raven is at the top of my list right now.

I have a Blackhawk Serpa for my M&P 40. Had one for my Glock too. They are simple to manipulate. A thumb-break holster is probably more complicated than the Serpa.

Top Bottom