• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Concealed carry seems like the way to go.

Did you get that from the essay in the first post or do you have new ideas to bring to the discussion?

No wild west...

How familiar are you with the societal norms of the wild west?

If you're just regurgitating a cliche used by the Brady bunch, you might consider researching a bit further.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Neg Rep Lovemachine for asking Fashion advice on what holster to wear when OC'ing.... :dunno::popcorn:

Hmm... I seem to be out of neg rep. :scratch: This would be a fine time for it. ;)

Hmmmm... should we add "asking for holster suggestions" to the Common OC/CC Threadjacks thread?

:dunno:

Seems fitting, and that thread has been neglected lately. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank all CC'ers out here for helping to criminalize the attitude that OC is what Dangerous Persons or Criminals do...

Cheeseburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thank you for a thought provoking read. It reminds me of the MAD theory or Mutually Assured Destruction theory for nuclear weapons. In concept, if you have a big enough consequence the bad guy will back down.

From personal experience, the knowledge that my partner and I carry has prevent confrontational situations a couple of times. Long story short; remove a child from a convicted child molester and you will make some enemies. Why people believe child molesters are framed or innocent is beyond me.

You see the police flag your LTCHG to your driver's license and home address. I have no proof but there have been times we have had to call the police and they are always quick to ask if we are armed. They also seem to respond faster to the house since getting my LTCHG.

I carry concealed but not very well as I don't wish to dig for my gun. I flip a shirt or jacket over it to minimize the shocked look on peoples faces when my shirt rides up.

Thanks for the read, it will give me something to think about.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    You see the police flag your LTCHG to your driver's license and home address. I have no proof but there have been times we have had to call the police and they are always quick to ask if we are armed. They also seem to respond faster to the house since getting my LTCHG.

Your Tinfoil is too tight.
    By the way, how often do they respond to your house?

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Proud is a bit strong... but keep up the fine efforts. :D

(And take it easy on Cheeseburger, he's new and still has an open mind.) ;)

Well, my mother came down in her basement and told me she was proud.

Sorry, Cheeseburger, keeping learning - just be careful who you learn from here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carry concealed but not very well as I don't wish to dig for my gun. I flip a shirt or jacket over it to minimize the shocked look on peoples faces when my shirt rides up..

Surely you jest.

In my years of carrying, I'd say that 99% of people that have been around me don't give two ****s that I'm carrying.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been carrying since I turned 18 and originally oc'd but after so many people mostly LEOs giving me gruff I started to cc. I miss oc but find it so much easier not being asked to leave establishments and such. Does anyone else have these issues?

Top Bottom