• ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :facepalm:

Glass is not a liquid nor is it fluid. It does not move over time, it was manufactured thin at the top and thick at the bottom.

Is glass liquid or solid?

It is sometimes said that glass in very old churches is thicker at the bottom than at the top because glass is a liquid, and so over several centuries it has flowed towards the bottom. This is not true. In Mediaeval times panes of glass were often made by the Crown glass process. A lump of molten glass was rolled, blown, expanded, flattened and finally spun into a disc before being cut into panes. The sheets were thicker towards the edge of the disc and were usually installed with the heavier side at the bottom. Other techniques of forming glass panes have been used but it is only the relatively recent float glass processes which have produced good quality flat sheets of glass.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    So one must always win an argument and never concede? Or maybe that's the cynics POV.

glass_half_full.jpg

cat-has-a-half-full-glass.jpg

images

How bout this then....my 30 round mag has 15 rounds loaded. Is it half full or half empty?:D:xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I do a little of both, in and out if cars I like to conceal just so I don't rub or scratch it up other then that if its not concealed no big deal. It just depends on the clothes I'm wearing but I do like the post. I think I will try to open carry more.

Thank you for bringing open carry back to the discussion in this thread. :yesway:

The rest of youse guys... :blahblah:

...the status update thread called... they are very interested in further discussing the molecular viscosity of partially utilized tumblers and such.

;)

Crrk**

ATM out.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    ...the status update thread called... they are very interested in further discussing the molecular viscosity of partially utilized tumblers and such.

;)

Crrk**

ATM say: "Man who fill vessel with viscous fluid will see through glass, darkly."

*Crrk*

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    But if a glass at 50% capacity is neither half full nor half empty, what is neither OC nor CC??? And if it falls in the forest is there a sound or a noise???

IMO a glass is half empty when it is being depleted and half full when it is being filled ;)

Top Bottom