• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know this has been said, but thank you for taking the time to post this. Although I still carry concealed, I know that there is added value in open-carry's deterrent factor. My question has always been "will it make you an immediate target in certain situations?" For example, a gas station or store robbery, where you may have gone unnoticed and simply forced to the ground with the other "harmless" witnesses... Would you invite fire and make the situation worse by adding fear and panic to an assailant's already amped psyche? Just food for thought and certainly one of many situations I hope to never actually encounter.

Most people don't even see the OC.
    Most criminals don't seem to be any brighter, at least what I've seen.
    Is that a guarantee. No.
    But neither is CC.

You just have to pic your dice and roll.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Excuse me??? Hypocritical? In what sense pray tell is recommending a better quality holster in any way shape or form hypocritical?

Just a guess, but maybe because Fobus holsters don't have locks, thus 5 year old girls can get them easily:dunno:

:D

Or because the guy liked them for CC- not something you're known for given advice for:laugh:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Better by what standard?

This is a dangerously close to hypocritical position for you to be taking.
    If/when I see you, I'll bring along several models for your examination. Additional explanation, plus the all-important repeated drawing/reholstering as part of an actual firearms course, will clarify several issues. It may or may not change your mind, but will at least explain why T_F said that -- at least on the holster issue.

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Just a guess, but maybe because Fobus holsters don't have locks, thus 5 year old girls can get them easily:dunno:

:D

Or because the guy liked them for CC- not something you're known for given advice for:laugh:
    My Fobus holsters have thumb locks on them.

FO_TLPaddle.jpg

But I don't OC so the only time I wear them is if I have on a heavier coat. :twocents:

And for the record, Fobus makes IWB and belt holsters as well.

Last edited:

Lukethespook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I've started to CC more and more, too many desperate people out there right now. I never open carry out of fear of people's perception of it. My friend let his gun be seen while at a movie theater recently and caught a lot of hell for it from fellow moviegoers. After reading this thread however, I think it's time to find me a new holster.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I did not TELL anyone how to do anything. -1 for failing at being the hypocracy police tonight, better luck tomorrow.
    Easy there, killah. :D
    A simple misunderstanding. You will find that 88GT is very pleasant to correspond with. If in doubt, a PM or two will clear things up.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    My Fobus holsters have thumb locks on them.

FO_TLPaddle.jpg

But I don't OC so the only time I wear them is if I have on a heavier coat. :twocents:

And for the record, Fobus makes IWB and belt holsters as well.

:yesway: I stand corrected! This is what I get for commenting on something I haven't needed to buy in 10 years.

That looks like it could be a very fast holster. +1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've been OCing a few years now and rarely gets noticed...about the only time is if I am in Gander, Bass or Cabelas and guys out of the blue just come up and start talking (not about guns or that I'm OC mind you, but what I happen to be looking at (fishing reels maybe?). Maybe that's where I need to put it under jacket...

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hide it under a jacket? No! I'm gonna carry on.
    Hide it under a jacket? No! I'm gonna carry on.
    Carry on, carry on, carry on.

(Sung to the tune of Let It Shine. ;) )

RATSO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    MOORESVILLE, INDIANA
    so, is there a law in Indiana against open carry? or is it one of those things that you can untill a concerned citizen calls the police??
    please help for I cannot find any direct answers.

Top Bottom