• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Interesting you brought up Zimmerman. You should find my thoughts on the matter at some point if you read through this whole thread. I also dedicated an entire thread to it after it got no response here.

Welcome to :ingo:

Whew! THAT took up pretty much any spare time I had today. However, it was worth it. I think.

T_F, I'm really surprised that your lone mention of the Zimmerman/Martin debacle garnered ZERO responses. I'll have to go looking for your other thread.

Looking back on this thread, there were some good comments from both camps and a few excellent ones. As one who has never open carried, I am reticent to do so for one reason only, and it has already been mentioned late in the thread: Nobody else does it around here. Other than the guys and gals who work in the local gun shops, I can't recall a single time I've seen any obvious civilian waltzing around with a shootin' iron strapped to his side. The ones in street clothes with firearms I know to be cops.

Thanks, all, for an entertaining and enlightening thread. As I continue my education here, I trust I'll find more similar threads with some of the same participants.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Whew! THAT took up pretty much any spare time I had today. However, it was worth it. I think.

T_F, I'm really surprised that your lone mention of the Zimmerman/Martin debacle garnered ZERO responses. I'll have to go looking for your other thread.

Looking back on this thread, there were some good comments from both camps and a few excellent ones. As one who has never open carried, I am reticent to do so for one reason only, and it has already been mentioned late in the thread: Nobody else does it around here. Other than the guys and gals who work in the local gun shops, I can't recall a single time I've seen any obvious civilian waltzing around with a shootin' iron strapped to his side. The ones in street clothes with firearms I know to be cops.

Thanks, all, for an entertaining and enlightening thread. As I continue my education here, I trust I'll find more similar threads with some of the same participants.

Here is the thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t_the_element_of_surprise_help_zimmerman.html

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    At least it's only 19 pages. I can get through that tomorrow morning. Judging from one post on just the first page, I see fireworks in my near future ...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Thanks for the welcome, Titanium_Frost. I'll look for your comments.

What's particularly funny to me -- and this happens on all forums as a noob -- is that I am beginning to "know" some of the regulars here already. Some are authoritarian, some confident and some clueless. Quite a cross-section of humanity. :D

Okay, you caught up on the thread. What label have you assigned me?

Note, if you fail to answer I will continue to think of myself as Duke of the Northern Prairie, Lord of the Realms....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm pretty sure I don't wanna know my "category".
    Get enough grief without having it confirmed.
    :)
    Least I can pretend I'm a heavy hitter. Don't take that away.

jrudd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    Anderson
    I don't know the open carry law here in Indiana (If there is one) but I recently heard of a situation in Fort Wayne. A gentleman was getting gas while wearing his pistol on his hip, open carry. Another gentleman confronted him to request he put his gun away. The man getting gas refused and the other man called the police. Evidently, the police put him on the ground, face down, and took his firearm. The man told the police that he had his permit and was legal to carry.

I am not sure what happened after that, I don't know if he was prosecuted for anything, or got his pistol back. I guess I could search it and find out the info, if any on the web. My question is, what is the law for open carry on your person?

I carry concealed almost everyday, never considered open carry, I don't really want anyone knowing I have a firearm on me until I need it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't know the open carry law here in Indiana (If there is one) but I recently heard of a situation in Fort Wayne. A gentleman was getting gas while wearing his pistol on his hip, open carry. Another gentleman confronted him to request he put his gun away. The man getting gas refused and the other man called the police. Evidently, the police put him on the ground, face down, and took his firearm. The man told the police that he had his permit and was legal to carry.

I am not sure what happened after that, I don't know if he was prosecuted for anything, or got his pistol back. I guess I could search it and find out the info, if any on the web. My question is, what is the law for open carry on your person?

I carry concealed almost everyday, never considered open carry, I don't really want anyone knowing I have a firearm on me until I need it.
    There are no laws requiring you to carry your handgun a certain way in Indiana, as long as you have your LTCH, of course.

Welcome to INGO!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jrudd, better start paying attention when gun law is discussed. CCing doesn't make the gun invisible. Sooner or later, you're going to hear:
    Is that a gun?
    I don't think that's legal
    Etc.
    Etc.

Its nice to have a response. Appear calm and knowledgeable.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Okay, you caught up on the thread. What label have you assigned me?

Note, if you fail to answer I will continue to think of myself as Duke of the Northern Prairie, Lord of the Realms....

No worries, Jeremy. Your claim to the title "Duke of the Northern Prairie, Lord of the Realms" remains intact.

Besides, who really cares what a noob thinks anyway? ;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No worries, Jeremy. Your claim to the title "Duke of the Northern Prairie, Lord of the Realms" remains intact.

Besides, who really cares what a noob thinks anyway? ;)

Every now an again there is a n00b that comes through that is spontaneously welcomed with open arms inexplicably.

You are the one n00b of the year. Feel lucky.

Top Bottom