• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Two good articles there. I especially like this quote from the second article.

[h=2]Gun control zealots are often dangerously irrational[/h][FONT=&quot]Any regular reader of Bearing Arms is well aware of the borderline insanity displayed by the many rabid gun control supporters. They are often aggressive to the point of making threats of violence (a particular problem for the Coalition to to Stop Gun Violence, or CSGV), and don’t often seem to be governed by rational thought.[/FONT]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    It is your right to open carry. You are not a criminal or a bad person for open carry. However, we live in a world where many people are legitimately afraid of guns. With all of the flurry of negative propaganda against gun owners, I can think of few great reasons to open carry. In the end, it becomes a matter of consideration. Why cause angst for a complete stranger when there is no need? Your freedom is not based on the anxiety levels of those around us. You have the right to open carry. In the end, I choose to not open carry because where I live and frequent it would be inconsiderate of the ignorant folks that would be afraid simply because I have a gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is your right to open carry. You are not a criminal or a bad person for open carry. However, we live in a world where many people are legitimately afraid of guns. With all of the flurry of negative propaganda against gun owners, I can think of few great reasons to open carry. In the end, it becomes a matter of consideration. Why cause angst for a complete stranger when there is no need? Your freedom is not based on the anxiety levels of those around us. You have the right to open carry. In the end, I choose to not open carry because where I live and frequent it would be inconsiderate of the ignorant folks that would be afraid simply because I have a gun.

If your family was run over by cars, would that give you "legitimately afraid of guns"?
    If so, does that mean we need to stop driving cars where others can see it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

If your family was run over by cars, would that give you "legitimately afraid of guns"?
    If so, does that mean we need to stop driving cars where others can see it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...takes-minivan-on-rampage-through-minneapolis/
    Day-care owner hangs toddler, then takes minivan on rampage through Minneapolis

Does this make it right to call for the open displaying of minivans, or rope?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

What you are describing is hopolophobia.

Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality, By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

If a person who hate guns sees someone carrying one and isn't doing anything bad. Does that make them more afraid or less afraid of guns? If they are more afraid, are they then going to call the police (who carry guns) to "protect" them from the law abiding person?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is your right to open carry. You are not a criminal or a bad person for open carry.

Yes, and water is wet. :):

However, we live in a world where many people are legitimately afraid of guns.

Nonsense.

With all of the flurry of negative propaganda against gun owners, I can think of few great reasons to open carry.

That's why I created this thread, to expose people to reasons they might not have come up with or considered on their own. Not sure what that has to do with negative propaganda. If anything, seeing people responsibly carrying naturally refutes much of that propaganda.

In the end, it becomes a matter of consideration.

I doubt you mean that in the thinking sense, so likely incorrect again.

Why cause angst for a complete stranger when there is no need?

Why would a person who feels angst when they see guns blame anyone but themselves when they go out into public where people may be carrying guns? How am I to save them from the sight of all their various irrational phobias?

Your freedom is not based on the anxiety levels of those around us.

Correct, because that would be an absurd notion.

You have the right to open carry.

Water ...still wet.

In the end, I choose to not open carry because where I live and frequent it would be inconsiderate of the ignorant folks that would be afraid simply because I have a gun.

Ahh, you finally got around to telling us about your choices.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    I just want good people to carry frequently (constantly) and properly. There are times I open carry and times I conceal. I enjoy having the freedom to choose.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

:facepalm:

I was gonna take this post apart but ATM beat me to it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just want good people to carry frequently (constantly) and properly. There are times I open carry and times I conceal. I enjoy having the freedom to choose.

Yep, same for me. It's great to have the choice, based on where you may go or clothes you plan to wear. I'm an advocate of OC, but there are times when I CC due to frequenting places that don't allow guns (like theaters). I mostly try to stick to places that are 2A friendly, but the few occasions I can't do that, it's CC time ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'm a very considerate person IRL, but to me choosing to CC just to be considerate is that wrong way to go. I choose instead to inform the misinformed that a person can open carry a weapon and not be a danger to society. If they see a lot of examples of this, maybe some of the Hollywood / media influence will fade away and they'll realize how irrational it is to have a fear of an inanimate object. If not, I can take pleasure in the knowledge that I pissed off a liberal... :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom