• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just how can you run with those things? I always figured it would trip me up, or run me in circles. LOL
    Oh, and BTW... welcome to INGO!

You're right for how most people wear them. However, if you wear the holster as high as possible on your leg (just low enough to clear whatever gear you need to clear), then it's a lot more stable.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Most people carry a gun that fires a 9mm parabellum, because it is a little smaller than a .45ACP, and is still powerful enough for protection. Of course, a .25ACP gun is a lot better than no gun, but it is a little small to be recommended as normal carry gun. Hawes rim fires are not uncommon. That company is or was an importer of firearms manufactured. Many Hawes firearms were imported from Italy and were copies of American Civil War guns.

:dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

:ugh:

I like how these articles never mention the deterrence factor. Do they think it doesn't exist? When there is research that indicates it absolutely does? Sure, there are scenarios where OC could be bad and there are also times when CC could be bad. If a criminal chooses me, because my gun was concealed and they thought I would make a good victim and they get close and have a gun on me, do I really want to take a chance to draw from concealment at that point? I'd much rather OC and possibly have the criminal find an easier target. I think, as a community, we should embrace carrying of both types and proper training. I think both methods of carry are valid and both have their pros and cons. I carry both ways, depending on where I'm going, what I'm wearing and other factors. I'm all for the JFC movement! :):

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I like to sit by the window with my combination AK-57 uzi, radar, laser, triple barrel, double scoped, heat-seeking shotgun and wait for vermin to show their ugly face. I can't find a decent holster for it so I don't go out much but if I could.... THAT would be epic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Carry on mid back and always in my vehicle console. Changed from a glock to 1911. Weight is more tolerable

SOB is impossible to defend from a gun grab. I used to be very comfortable carrying that way until I learned this.

OBC is the least secure method of carry.

If you find a comfortable way to carry either CC or OC that is able to be defended and you can ALWAYS carry the same way on foot, in car, and at home that would be best

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :ugh:

I like how these articles never mention the deterrence factor. Do they think it doesn't exist? When there is research that indicates it absolutely does? Sure, there are scenarios where OC could be bad and there are also times when CC could be bad. If a criminal chooses me, because my gun was concealed and they thought I would make a good victim and they get close and have a gun on me, do I really want to take a chance to draw from concealment at that point? I'd much rather OC and possibly have the criminal find an easier target. I think, as a community, we should embrace carrying of both types and proper training. I think both methods of carry are valid and both have their pros and cons. I carry both ways, depending on where I'm going, what I'm wearing and other factors. I'm all for the JFC movement! :):
    All good points WTB! We need both OC and CC folks out there.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have a two CC options and two OC options. I don't want to be switching all the time so as to maintain proficiency in the heat of a battle. I'm looking for your opinions.

Would you pocket CC a keltec 32 auto, CC a 1911, OC fiveseven pistol or an FNX 45 tactical. they all have their purpose, but like i said... I want to stick with one for daily carry.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I OWB a 1911A1 @ 3 o'clock , OC normally in nice weather and CC under outer garments in worse weather, OC double mag carrier @ 9 o'clock and IAWB Bond Backup .45 ACP.

Always, I never vary. Habituation (muscle memory) in your friend.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    I OWB a 1911A1 @ 3 o'clock , OC normally in nice weather and CC under outer garments in worse weather, OC double mag carrier @ 9 o'clock and IAWB Bond Backup .45 ACP.

Always, I never vary. Habituation (muscle memory) in your friend.

are you concerned about retention straps? this i the current setup that i have not fully used yet. I haven't carried the double mag carrier yet.

So 1911 or FNX 45 TAC?

20161019_122655.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I use s Galco Matrix, it is molded very tight and has plenty of retention without a strap.

Top Bottom