• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    If you are talking about me, I was surrounded by Griffith PD while open carrying at the park there. Not the end of the world. In the end. They left and I reholstered and kept pushing my daughter in the swing. As long as you are not breaking the law, there is nothing to worry about. If you want to strap a AK to your back and open carry that. Awesome. I'm all for it.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If you are talking about me, I was surrounded by Griffith PD while open carrying at the park there. Not the end of the world. In the end. They left and I reholstered and kept pushing my daughter in the swing. As long as you are not breaking the law, there is nothing to worry about. If you want to strap a AK to your back and open carry that. Awesome. I'm all for it.
    Not you specifically, but your post did prompt mine. I just see it so often where people do what I was referencing.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    What happened to our discussion, did you abandon it? Was it getting tricky to continue feigning ignorance or contempt?

It seems you've reverted back to not comprehending what this thread is about. :n00b:

This thread stopped being what you wanted it to be about, a few pages in. We are now almost 60 pages in, and its descended into the same old crap that happens every time anyone even mentions OC and CC in the same thread... Or AT ALL, for that matter. It gets old.

This issue is very polarized for some reason. I would like everyone to see, there is a possibility for good and bad in BOTH. You see that as something to debate, for some reason.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This thread stopped being what you wanted it to be about, a few pages in. We are now almost 60 pages in, and its descended into the same old crap that happens every time anyone even mentions OC and CC in the same thread... Or AT ALL, for that matter. It gets old.

So....Why are you still here again?? :dunno:

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I open carry about 90% of the time. One of my favorite encounters was when I was at a Rural King looking at their selection of guns, and a gentleman behind the counter asked me, "Why do you carry like that?" Bit of a vague question, but I presumed he meant with my firearm exposed. I replied it provides me the occasional opportunity to educate people that carrying a firearm is legal and I feel guns will be more widely accepted with more positive encounters. He proceeds to inform me of his 40 years on the police force and in the FBI, and he NEVER open-carried, even when he was undercover. He didn't want to ruin the element of surprise. I kindly thanked him for his service and moved on.

As I was walking out the door, a robber saw that I was OC'ing and took me out because I looked strong.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I OC in Griffith. Never had a problem.
    I guess no one's noticed cause I didn't go to a park?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

This issue is very polarized for some reason. I would like everyone to see, there is a possibility for good and bad in BOTH. You see that as something to debate, for some reason.

When the same old anti-OC crap shows up elsewhere, they get directed here. It's become something of a crap mitigation service for the rest of the board.

Usually, it stops with them reading the OP and realizing the crap they tried to inject in some other thread isn't quite as reasoned or rational as they had assumed.

Less frequently, a n00b just stumbles in and responds to the title alone - this often leads to hilarity ensuing. I mean, seriously, who skips the OP and 2300 other posts just to toss a comment that OC is dumb and CC has the tactical advantage? :dunno:

I'll stop trying to convince you that your attempted counterpoint isn't actually countering anything in this thread. That's largely why it generates little more than puzzled curiosity here.

Enjoy the best thread on the internets as it continues to fill with... uh... crap. :):

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im not counterpointing. I have in the past played devils advocate when I felt the "argument" was swaying one way or the other, in an effort to pull it back to center. Ive tended to not participate in the dialog as much, as of late, since it seems to only fuel the fire. But I do like to throw that Just ****ing Carry, out there, because I hate infighting.
    I have a foxx IWB and OWB holster and I like them both. I do lean more toward the IWB, but that my preference, and I would never tell someone else what they should or shouldnt do. I just wish some of these people who are SO POLARIZED about this issue would realize that the world doesnt not revolve around them, and EVERY choice we make, from deciding to go to work in the morning, to deciding to stay at work an extra hour, to the way we chose to carry our firearms has a possible good, bad, or neutral outcome. EVERY choice we make has ups and downs. This is NO different, and anyone who can say one way is better than the other, and not be speaking about a specific time or place, usually after the fact, they are being shallow minded and presumptuous.

Thats why I stand behind the JFC croud. I dont care how you do it, but do it.. Legally, and responsibly.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Im not counterpointing. I have in the past played devils advocate when I felt the "argument" was swaying one way or the other, in an effort to pull it back to center. Ive tended to not participate in the dialog as much, as of late, since it seems to only fuel the fire. But I do like to throw that Just ****ing Carry, out there, because I hate infighting.
    I have a foxx IWB and OWB holster and I like them both. I do lean more toward the IWB, but that my preference, and I would never tell someone else what they should or shouldnt do. I just wish some of these people who are SO POLARIZED about this issue would realize that the world doesnt not revolve around them, and EVERY choice we make, from deciding to go to work in the morning, to deciding to stay at work an extra hour, to the way we chose to carry our firearms has a possible good, bad, or neutral outcome. EVERY choice we make has ups and downs. This is NO different, and anyone who can say one way is better than the other, and not be speaking about a specific time or place, usually after the fact, they are being shallow minded and presumptuous.

Thats why I stand behind the JFC croud. I dont care how you do it, but do it.. Legally, and responsibly.

So - Are you even going to attempt to read the OP? :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Which would be what?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    here's the thing tho, what if the bad guy sees you carrying a gun and decides to shoot you in the head first, you know, cause you're carrying a gun. i mean how terrible would that be. elemental surprise is good

Top Bottom