• protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Maybe you should look in the mirror.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I am not your enemy, I would appreciate it if you would look beyond your childish need to lash out at that which causes you to evaluate your opinions. To do so, is actually healthy.

Ok, not sure where my grammar is questionable. Not to mention, I'm not the one trolling the thread...

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    danielson isn't trolling, but arguing his opinion. How many here OC one firearm and CC another? Best of both worlds eh?

Arguing an opinion without facts is just an opinion. Then when I ask for data to back up that opinion, I get some eisegesis and basically get attacked for asking for facts. Isn't that what a liberal does?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Arguing an opinion without facts is just an opinion. Then when I ask for data to back up that opinion, I get some eisegesis and basically get attacked for asking for facts. Isn't that what a liberal does?

You are correct that arguing an opinion without facts to support it is just an opinion. And I know plenty of liberals who are more pro gun than some conservatives. This does not equate to trolling, however. Let's not bring politics into this OC argument, but let's bring facts (as I know that is ultimately what you are trying to get across with your posts). danielson even admitted in his own post that it is unlikely to be targeted first for OC. His argument is that there are times for both methods of carry, and I agree. Although I find 95% (completely made up number btw) of the time OC outweighs CC:D

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    danielson prefers to avoid open debate, concealing even the hint that he might be able. Just opine! :):

45190921.jpg

:lol2:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    As I said before, Im not interested in contributing to the in-fighting that is so prevalent in conservatives. I always peek into threads like this, try to strive for a middle ground, realize there are way too many people who refuse to bend, and then leave, just to come back again, in the amount of time its taken me to forget how pointless it is to imagine us on the same side. Its depressing to watch the liberals all stand in a row, all expressing the same opinion, while we sit in the corner *****ing at each other like an old married couple.

Im not against EITHER method, never was, never implied it. Thus there is no reason to lash out and attempt to "get me back" Because I was never "getting you" in the first place.
    If you cant understand that nothing in life is absolute, including the method you chose to carry being the right decision every time. That's a lack of consideration on your part.

In the same way that you may prefer to drive a Cummins dodge pickup everyday, but when you gotta drive to Florida, that Toyota Camry sure comes in handy.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Im not against EITHER method, never was, never implied it. Thus there is no reason to lash out and attempt to "get me back" Because I was never "getting you" in the first place.

We simply refute some of your claims and opinions. Why do you take it so personally, like anyone is trying to lash out and "get" you?

We get it, you don't like arguments. I've suggested before that you go start an anti argument thread - I'm sure you will find it very pleasant and agreeable. ;)

If you cant understand that nothing in life is absolute, including the method you chose to carry being the right decision every time. That's a lack of consideration on your part...

You continue to miss the purpose for this thread and that is a lack of consideration on your part. When you keep repeating the same thing over and over without regard to the OP or subsequent discussions, we question your motive.

No doubt you will just repeat your contention that argument is bad and that there is nothing for anyone to possibly gain from considering or defending the reasoning behind carry choices because life is an absolute crap shoot and personal hindsight is the only arbiter of rationale.

I hope that sums it up, because I tire of you injecting it so frequently without adding much to the discussion topic.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    lol... You've got me figured out. Drat.. Your far too clever for me.

Anyone who ISNT biased one method or another, probably does both, and doesnt really like the fighting about which is best. Because they both are, when they both are.

JFC

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    lol... You've got me figured out. Drat.. Your far too clever for me.

Anyone who ISNT biased one method or another, probably does both, and doesnt really like the fighting about which is best. Because they both are, when they both are.

JFC

See, you still think the purpose of this thread is to fight about which is best. No wonder you think I'm clever.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If you never intended to have a debate for and against you opinion of OC being the best, all the time, period.
    Then why did you bother calling this thread the open carry "argument"?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    If you never intended to have a debate for and against you opinion of OC being the best, all the time, period.

Argument | Define Argument at Dictionary.com

Here is what you are doing: an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation
    Here is what this thread is about: a process of reasoning; series of reasons

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

It seems you are operating under an inaccurately limited definition of the word argument. It would also seem that you never even made it to the conclusion of the first post.

Conclusion

No, open carry is not the be-all-end-all of self defense any more than concealed carry is. The purpose of this essay is not to convince you to carry a firearm openly, but to merely point out the reasoning I used to determine that it is often the best option for me. If you think otherwise, please feel free to write an essay of your own outlining the reasoning you used...

This was always to be a discussion of the thoughts and reasoning behind carry choices and preferences. Why and how people choose what is "best" for them.

I'm still not sure why such discussion bothers you so, it's not like we're attempting to choose for you.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    I will open carry if or when shtf . Until then I will conceal carry . WHY , because I would be the first one the thug would want to take out. I would appear the strongest ,and if he is going to do a crime I would be number one on his list to take out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I will open carry if or when shtf . Until then I will conceal carry . WHY , because I would be the first one the thug would want to take out. I would appear the strongest ,and if he is going to do a crime I would be number one on his list to take out.

Yup.
    I'm getting tired of being shot.
    I think I was in the hospital 10 times over the last couple years.
    Starting to get expensive.

Top Bottom