• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    re-read the first line. If you feel it doesnt apply, dont pay any attention to it. I hear cop bashing everyday, from seemingly everywhere. While this thread is not really bashing Emergency responders, I felt the need to post it. If someone goes out of their way to do something thats right, or noble, or even nice, its not like it suddenly doesnt matter, just because its not in the job description. This applies to all professions, even those dont require assuming great personal risk.
    Wow. You are a master of reading way too much into what is posted.

There are certainly threads where the tactics and behaviors of LE are criticized, but this thread ain't one of them. Why on earth would you feel the "need to post" in response to something that nobody has brought up?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    It was brought up when a post, drawing attention to the fact that there is a difference between what cops DO, and what therye obligated to do, was answered with a reiteration of their obligations. The point that LEOs do more than their obligated to, falling apparently on deaf ears. I was nipping it in the bud, which is why I started the post by pointing out it was not directed at anyone.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It was brought up when a post, drawing attention to the fact that there is a difference between what cops DO, and what therye obligated to do, was answered with a reiteration of their obligations. The point that LEOs do more than their obligated to, falling apparently on deaf ears. I was nipping it in the bud, which is why I started the post by pointing out it was not directed at anyone.
    You weren't nipping anything in the bud because there was nothing to nip. You fabricated a problem where none existed. And you have apparently ignored the parts of previous posts where the over-and-above the job by LE was acknowledge. If you need help finding one, try Post #2133. Just the first sentence. For starters.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You weren't nipping anything in the bud because there was nothing to nip. You fabricated a problem where none existed. And you have apparently ignored the parts of previous posts where the over-and-above the job by LE was acknowledge. If you need help finding one, try Post #2133. Just the first sentence. For starters.

Think about that line^^^, then google the word "proactive" and no, not the one for your acne...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Let's get this back on topic.

I CC because I know if I OC police will harass me, criminal will target me, businesses will ban me, and mothers will **** their pants before having a heart attack.

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    Concealed here. Makes too many uncomfortable and draws unnecessary attention to (in the eyes of the world) flaunt the weapon. Plus, wouldn't want to have to explain myself a dozen times a day. "why do you need that" "what are you scared of" "paranoid" "nothing going to happen around here" "scaring my kids" on and friggin on. People in general simply don't understand. Not worth it.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Let's get this back on topic.

I CC because I know if I OC police will harass me, criminal will target me, businesses will ban me, and mothers will **** their pants before having a heart attack.

Getting harassed by police may happen, but don't let the "special class" get to you. How often do criminals attack OCers compared to CCers? And why do you care about what other people think of you carrying?

Concealed here. Makes too many uncomfortable and draws unnecessary attention to (in the eyes of the world) flaunt the weapon. Plus, wouldn't want to have to explain myself a dozen times a day. "why do you need that" "what are you scared of" "paranoid" "nothing going to happen around here" "scaring my kids" on and friggin on. People in general simply don't understand. Not worth it.

I open carry a lot. Hardly anyone notices because they are in their own little worlds. Unless you are going up to people and saying, "Hey, look at my gun," how you are flaunting your firearm?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Fair enough. Have you OCed before? If so, for how long? I've been OCing for about 2 years and the only people that notices were children and other carriers. I had one cashier at Walmart talk to me about it, he was 19, didn't carry, his mother was adamantly opposed to guns, but he wanted to get into LE. I explained the process for getting a LTCH, what I felt were the best firearms, gave him a few shops to go to, a few to avoid, and people to talk to. Whether he did or not, idk, but it was a very informative encounter for us both.

I've never had anyone question me about why I was carrying.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Getting harassed by police may happen, but don't let the "special class" get to you. How often do criminals attack OCers compared to CCers? And why do you care about what other people think of you carrying?

I open carry a lot. Hardly anyone notices because they are in their own little worlds. Unless you are going up to people and saying, "Hey, look at my gun," how you are flaunting your firearm?

I very rarely CC. It was a jab to get this going in the right direction. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Honest question: does all that really happen to folks? I've carried openly for somewhere around 6-7 years or so. I can still count the number of interactions on my fingers. Only one negative one that I can recall (and it wasn't all that negative). Is the PERCEIVED number of negative experiences simply inflated, or do folks really get hassled all day, every day?

Not knocking CC at all. I'm pleased folks carry any way they want. Heck, I conceal when it is more convenient, too.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Honest question: does all that really happen to folks? I've carried openly for somewhere around 6-7 years or so. I can still count the number of interactions on my fingers. Only one negative one that I can recall (and it wasn't all that negative). Is the PERCEIVED number of negative experiences simply inflated, or do folks really get hassled all day, every day?

Not knocking CC at all. I'm pleased folks carry any way they want. Heck, I conceal when it is more convenient, too.

I've only had 3 "negative" interactions, along with a few ignorant reactions (like "are you a cop?").

2 of my 3 were with LEOs questioning me and overstepping their bounds. Wished I had knew a good gun attorney back then. Anyhow, the only one negative interaction I've had wasn't really that bad. The lady was with her maybe early teenaged daughter and snobbishly asked, "Sir, why do have that big gun on your hip?" I didn't quite hear here well, so I asked her to repeat. She rephrased with, "Why do you feel you need that big gun on your hip?" :rolleyes:

I'm into my 11th/12th year of OC (minus time away for active duty) and that's the worst of it for me. If I had to break down my experience I'd say:
    75% don't notice it at all
    of the remaining 25%, only about 5% of them talk to you or mention anything. The other 20% just get wide eyed and walk away or just simply don't talk to you. The 5% that actually do confront you are usually asking you questions about your choices and guns or carrying in general. Maybe 1% of them are negative reactions.

Top Bottom