The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I have to hand it to the Clinton machine. When they go after you, THEY GO AFTER YOU.

When the race was tightening back in September, especially after Clinton fainted on camera, while a lot of the dems were panicking, word on the street was that the Clinton camp was still pretty calm. At first I thought this was just shear hubris. It wasn't. THEY KNEW. They knew that they had enough dirt on trump to bury him 100 times and were just waiting to release it.

I didn't expect how thoroughly the could coordinate with the press to synchronize these leaks, both to supress any negative reports about her (e.g. wikileaks) AND to keep a constant pressure on Trump. JUST when the Miss Universe thing started to die down AND right before the wikileaks drop, the tape got released. There was another wikileaks drop yesterday, and the women come forward accusing trump of sexual misconduct. As a political science junkie, I cannot wait to read the books that analyze their strategy and gives more inside information (dems love to gossip after the fact).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump campaign demands NYT pull the story about the sexual abuse

They do have a point. But this isn't a lawsuit. This is what a lawyer writes to pretend to his client that's he's doing something beyond filing a suit that can't win.

CunvER4WAAA_ZD0.jpg:large

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Meanwhile bill is raping 13 year olds.
    It won't matter to the electorate. When Bill Clinton took advantage of his position to get sex, it was just sex. Now their answer is that he's not running and Hillary is a victim. They totally ignore the victims that pointed at Hillary for threatening them.

They also ignore the idea of having someone like that living in the White House, even though it has not been uncommon to attack president's first families. Sometimes there were issues made just because a first lady just didn't look good enough or seem sophisticated enough or said too much or said too little. Both sides have their hypocrisy, and it's going to be even stronger when the opponent also has strong negativity factors.

More of this Bill Clinton dirt seems to just be making more of a sympathy vote for Hillary.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If you think a loss is inevitable, you're wasting time on this forum that could be spent building a bomb shelter.
    You have a point. I think either of these major candidates will get us into WW3.

Hillary will do it because of blind ambition.

Trump will just walk himself right into it because of arrogance and total lack of diplomacy.

And neither of them will send their own kids or grandkids into danger.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meanwhile bill is raping 13 year olds.

Is he? If you've got some hard evidence on that, might want to get it to a news outlet quick before the election. Could make a difference.

If you read about Trump's exploits and aren't bothered, change name to Bill Clinton and read again. Bothered now? You're part of the problem.

Excusing and defending Trump for similar actions ... you might become what you hate. Should be careful here.

It's a race to see which side has more sexual abuse now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It won't matter to the electorate. When Bill Clinton took advantage of his position to get sex, it was just sex. Now their answer is that he's not running and Hillary is a victim. They totally ignore the victims that pointed at Hillary for threatening them.

They also ignore the idea of having someone like that living in the White House, even though it has not been uncommon to attack president's first families. Sometimes there were issues made just because a first lady just didn't look good enough or seem sophisticated enough or said too much or said too little. Both sides have their hypocrisy, and it's going to be even stronger when the opponent also has strong negativity factors.

More of this Bill Clinton dirt seems to just be making more of a sympathy vote for Hillary.

A couple of things here.

First, I don't doubt that Hillary threatened Bill's victims. But short of some very direct, undeniable evidence, you're right, for the people who could at least consider voting for Hillary now, they don't care. And the died-in-the-wool Hillary supporters, they wouldn't even care if there was such evidence, just like the avid Trump supporters don't care what Trump does.

Second, it really does matter what Bill did whether Dems want to admit it or not. They can't condemn Trump's behavior without admitting to and condemning Bill's behavior. While it's true that we're talking about Trump, not Bill. And it's just as invalid to say Trump gets a pass because Bill got a pass. But here's the difference. Bill Clinton is being used as a surrogate to campaign for Hillary.

It DOES matter that the campaign is benefiting from the campaigning of Bill Clinton, while the same campaign is accusing Trump of what Bill Clinton has done. If they want the moral high ground here, Hillary should divorce Bill, the Dems should denounce Bill, and leave him behind disgraced and alone. THEN the Democrats get to talk about Trump's sexual exploitation.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    A couple of things here.

First, I don't doubt that Hillary threatened Bill's victims. But short of some very direct, undeniable evidence, you're right, for the people who could at least consider voting for Hillary now, they don't care. And the died-in-the-wool Hillary supporters, they wouldn't even care if there was such evidence, just like the avid Trump supporters don't care what Trump does.

Second, it really does matter what Bill did whether Dems want to admit it or not. They can't condemn Trump's behavior without admitting to and condemning Bill's behavior. While it's true that we're talking about Trump, not Bill. And it's just as invalid to say Trump gets a pass because Bill got a pass. But here's the difference. Bill Clinton is being used as a surrogate to campaign for Hillary.

It DOES matter that the campaign is benefiting from the campaigning of Bill Clinton, while the same campaign is accusing Trump of what Bill Clinton has done. If they want the moral high ground here, Hillary should divorce Bill, the Dems should denounce Bill, and leave him behind disgraced and alone. THEN the Democrats get to talk about Trump's sexual exploitation.

I agree with you. I think there is hypocrisy from those who gave Bill a pass, and there is hypocrisy from those who didn't want Bill to get a pass but now want Trump to get it.

But it is what it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is he? If you've got some hard evidence on that, might want to get it to a news outlet quick before the election. Could make a difference.

If you read about Trump's exploits and aren't bothered, change name to Bill Clinton and read again. Bothered now? You're part of the problem.

Excusing and defending Trump for similar actions ... you might become what you hate. Should be careful here.

It's a race to see which side has more sexual abuse now.

Yeah. It works both ways. The accuser must be prepared to condemn his own or the outrage is without merit. But I think the bigger issue here for the intellectually honest Trumpers, is that they can overlook the behavior of Trump because of issues more important to them, and condemn the behavior of Bill, because Bill's team is accusing Trump of what Bill has done. For the others, they don't care what Trump does. As long as he stays "Trump".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Clinton campaign accuses Trump of 'possible ties to foreign espionage' - POLITICO

Trump?s lurid tape just made Evan McMullin relevant - POLITICO

Yeah. It works both ways. The accuser must be prepared to condemn his own or the outrage is without merit. But I think the bigger issue here for the intellectually honest Trumpers, is that they can overlook the behavior of Trump because of issues more important to them, and condemn the behavior of Bill, because Bill's team is accusing Trump of what Bill has done. For the others, they don't care what Trump does. As long as he stays "Trump".

There was also a former Apprentice contestant tweeting last night about some pretty racist stuff from Trump. Again... all of these women coming out the same day with no corroboration smells of money. But I'm sure when you pepper these accusations in with real stories and articles on Trump's behavior, the line gets blurred and people just see a lot of negativity with Trump come election time.

I think if the Apprentice archive comes into play, it would be the final nail in this coffin (which is already riddled with nails).

Edit:

See, this is the defense I'm talking about. These people are stretching so hard to make everything Trump does A-OK.

emNtGZr.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom