The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    14706769_1101915876568265_4127753346269373506_o.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Serious question: How does Trump's behavior towards the Republican party translate to how he will behave in office?

I have no love for the R party, so I can't say I feel badly for them. I also don't feel badly for Trump if it costs him the election (I do feel badly about a potential Pres Clinton but that's an aside to my question).

It appears to me he is more interested in being right than in winning the election or in having allies when he gets to Washington. It appears he thinks he will win with his current behavior, and doesn't care if he has these other guys to work with when he gets there.

Is that admirable (I could see it that way, ya know stick by your principles)
    Is it indicative of how he will totally blow up a foreign policy situation into a big mess because he is so sure that he is right, that he will go on a Twitter tirade to foreign leaders ?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Serious question: How does Trump's behavior towards the Republican party translate to how he will behave in office?

I have no love for the R party, so I can't say I feel badly for them. I also don't feel badly for Trump if it costs him the election (I do feel badly about a potential Pres Clinton but that's an aside to my question).

It appears to me he is more interested in being right than in winning the election or in having allies when he gets to Washington. It appears he thinks he will win with his current behavior, and doesn't care if he has these other guys to work with when he gets there.

Is that admirable (I could see it that way, ya know stick by your principles)
    Is it indicative of how he will totally blow up a foreign policy situation into a big mess because he is so sure that he is right, that he will go on a Twitter tirade to foreign leaders ?

I think he has a higher set of values and morals than most politicians do and is unwilling to compromise those to the same extent as most politicians will. I'm not saying he's a saint by any means, or that he's of higher moral fiber than we are.

I'm saying he's not going to completely compromise everything he believes to win at any cost. He's not going to play the go-along to get-along game. He's going to present himself for who he is for you to take or leave. He has been refining his policies as he goes along, but they are maintaining the same direction at the end of the day.

I admire his courage.

As for his foreign policy, he has proven time and time again that he is a man who wants to work with other nations for peaceful ends. He doesn't want to arm terrorists and overthrow governments. I think he would be the least likely to drag the US into war with anyone. He'll probably have no problem saying off color remarks, but off color remarks aren't the same as drone striking civilians in foreign nations we have no business being in. *Cough* Yemen *Cough*

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    As for his foreign policy, he has proven time and time again that he is a man who wants to work with other nations for peaceful ends.
    Well, to be fair, he hasn't had the opportunity to "prove" anything. So I assume you mean his rhetoric. I think I've heard inconsistencies, but as I'm not inclined to go look them up I'll just go with your word on that one.

He'll probably have no problem saying off color remarks, but off color remarks aren't the same as drone striking civilians in foreign nations we have no business being in. *Cough* Yemen *Cough*
    No, remarks aren't the same but they do matter.
    Reagan's presumably off-mic joke about bombing the Soviets was taken quite differently by the Soviets. That pales in comparison to the things that Trump says. It does matter.

and just now I see the Australian parliament unanimously deemed Trump a "revolting slug". http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/13/trump-a-revolting-slug-according-to-aust

Why do we want everyone to be our enemy?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Why do we want everyone to be our enemy?[/QUOTE]

To be honest no one likes us (U.S.), until they need someone to pull their asses out of the fire, they need money, or have a natural disaster and need food and water . Then they want to be buddies with us.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, to be fair, he hasn't had the opportunity to "prove" anything. So I assume you mean his rhetoric. I think I've heard inconsistencies, but as I'm not inclined to go look them up I'll just go with your word on that one.

No, remarks aren't the same but they do matter.
    Reagan's presumably off-mic joke about bombing the Soviets was taken quite differently by the Soviets. That pales in comparison to the things that Trump says. It does matter.

and just now I see the Australian parliament unanimously deemed Trump a "revolting slug". Australian State Parliament Formally Deems Trump a 'Revolting Slug' - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Everyone is rapidly becoming our enemy as we expand the scope and scale of the war on terror, being so closely tied to Saudi interests.

Ask any foreigner what fault they find with the US. It almost always boils down to our foreign policy being ravenous and insane.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Everyone is rapidly becoming our enemy as we expand the scope and scale of the war on terror, being so closely tied to Saudi interests.

Ask any foreigner what fault they find with the US. It almost always boils down to our foreign policy being ravenous and insane.

Right, but we were talking about Trump

Australia seems like someone of similar culture and not someone we have any reason to pick a fight with

They are so disgusted by Trump that their parliament passed a resolution accordingly

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

To be honest no one likes us (U.S.), until they need someone to pull their asses out of the fire, they need money, or have a natural disaster and need food and water . Then they want to be buddies with us.[/QUOTE]

I spent a few months in Australia, not long after I spent a few months in the UK with some side trips into Europe. The Aussies are about as much like us as you can get. They don't depend on us (or at least don't perceive that they do, and I'm not aware that they do). They also are a lot more free-spirited than Europeans.

And if Trump is the "anti-war" that Tombs thinks he is, then these other countries should be cheering for him.

My point is that while we shouldn't choose our president based on what others think of the president, it does MATTER sometimes what they think.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Right, but we were talking about Trump

Australia seems like someone of similar culture and not someone we have any reason to pick a fight with

They are so disgusted by Trump that their parliament passed a resolution accordingly

I would be careful of how seriously you take Australia. They elected this man:

[video=youtube;rJ9y1c73-IM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM[/video]

I've had an awful lot of Australian friends, between the internet and my time in the UK. I would warn you that their banter alone could put a man on the moon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom