The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I don't think some people understand that alot of people are sick and tired of the GOPs S. Old S.My favorite is "We will take on that fight after MY next election!"

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Did Stein get on the ballot in more states? Last I checked if she won every state where she's on the ballot she still couldn't get 270.

I thought she did, and now I find it hard to verify. Best as I can tell it appears that with her ballot access plus states who allow write-ins (which few do) some claim it is possible.

If not, I stand corrected.

But even so, to your point, there are more than two candidates who have a mathematical chance of winning. It's unlikely though.
    Right, my point is that "math" isn't the reason Johnson is considered not to have "a chance". It's also one reason I wait until election day to vote. I'm not going to change my vote on a rumor but I would like to have all of the facts.

Probably we'll get the turd sandwich. She'll nominate another Ruth Buzzy to SCOTUS, and Heller will be overturned as soon as they can get a case bubbled up.
    I don't know why anyone believes Trump would actually support gun rights. I don't think I've ever seen such an inconsistent candidate.
    In any case, it's not the president that is our worst enemy. It is the citizens. More precisely, we've reached a huge point of division in this country. I'd like to see it mended if it can be peacefully mended. I think Johnson has a shot at helping to implement that.
    The more likely reality is this country is on its way to a very serious split. I don't know the timeline. I think a lot of gun control supporters overestimate the compliance they would get. Or maybe I overestimate the principles and fortitude of gun rights advocates.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump tweet last night

"Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!"

So... thin skin, and a comedy show is "rigging the election"? They're saying that a lot lately, building up to the loss.. and stoking more of those idiots to get angry and violent.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the kind compliment, but it isn't hard to do...Trump is a trainweck in the same class as Hillary, there is plenty to hate.

I don't think any of the candidates "should" have won. I like Paul Ryan, and think he would be doing better Trump right now...but I don't think the general voting populace would agree.

This election has huge undercurrents of "Identity Politics" driving it. We needed a candidate that could negate Clinton's intangibles...her "checkpoints" on the Hierarchy of Oppression the which the left currently bases its "moral compass".

As cheezy as it sounds, we needed someone like Condi Rice to defeat Hillary. HRC cannot play the "woman" card, nor the "privilege" card against rice. Rice's conservative credentials are sound, and she thinks well on her feet...she's a strong opponent to the BS the left throws out, and there's something in her political portfolio for just about everyone to relate to. She's marketable and relatable...to more than just angry white men.

But she didn't run, and nobody gave Carly the credit she deserved. This Clinton thing is a juggernaut that has been building up speed for years, it requires careful planning and precise execution. The republican party seems has not had a great track record with either, if we're to be honest with ourselves. This was inevitable after a certain point.

A better candidate. Someone relatable to everyone, but holds values that ring true with a shrinking minority of Americans. I think that is a hard job, and the best qualified are probably too smart to take it. Instead we get people driven by ambition and self-image...the people asking to do that job are probably the last people we actually want doing it.

This is true. I also content that the Republican party folded to two things because it was always looking at the short term.
    Daniels told them a few years ago they needed to drop the social issues. The social war is over. I agree. The Rs were afraid to give up their religious right base.
    Secondly, the Rs were afraid to truly be fiscal conservatives because they are labeled as not being compassionate.

They just became Democrat-light. The true liberals think the Rs aren't good enough and the true conservatives know the Rs aren't walking the talk.

They were like a failing company, just waiting for someone to destroy them with a better product. Trump is certainly not the "better product" but he is a destroyer.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Chevy Chase admits HE helped to sink Ford with his bumbling character.Fey sunk Pailin.You act as is they are not flexing their political will.
    They have a small role. But let's be honest. If you respect the candidate, you aren't going to appreciate seeing them severely misrepresented. If you already dislike them, then the ridicule is food for enthusiasm. SNL has more in common with Trump behavior than either would like to admit.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So what are we gonna name the new party seems the GOP is done.
    I say the Unicorn party!

Do not underestimate the "Wilder effect" in DJT,s favor how many closet DJT voters are hiding?
    I hate Trump on the outside but I am gonna vote for Him?
    I live in Perry County surrounded by Democrats some are gonna vote for Turmp but have HRC signs in the yard?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I work in St.Joe County,and for being the Bastion of liberal sheeple in N.Indiana, I am not seeing that many Hillary signs and almost as many Trump's....but I am not in the Bend all that often.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I work in St.Joe County,and for being the Bastion of liberal sheeple in N.Indiana, I am not seeing that many Hillary signs and almost as many Trump's....but I am not in the Bend all that often.

I think this is the least # of signs and bumper stickers I have ever seen. My presumption is that it is because few people are proud of supporting Clinton or Trump, but rather are voting against someone.

I've made a point of looking for this. I've seen zero bumper stickers for the Clumps. And that is with driving about 3000 miles per month (admittedly 1/3 of that is rural). I've seen 2 other Johnson stickers, plus my own.

Yard signs. I finally saw 1 for Clinton this week. I've seen 4 for Trump on my regular commute, then that was reduced to 2 after the "audio" weekend. I saw 2 other Trump signs in non-commute travel.

I've seen one other Johnson sign besides my own.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    So... thin skin, and a comedy show is "rigging the election"? They're saying that a lot lately, building up to the loss...

Chevy Chase admits HE helped to sink Ford with his bumbling character.Fey sunk Pailin.You act as is they are not flexing their political will.

Probably time to put up an official victim thread, where everyone can feel free to name who victimized them or their candidate and how it is someone else's fault their guy lost.

If you aren't voting third party you have no vision. This one is over and merely the second phase of Clinton family chokehold on POTUS. The only way your kids won't be standing in line to receive their mandatory President Chelsea forehead tattoo is to vote for Johnson. You do love your kids and country right?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Probably time to put up an official victim thread, where everyone can feel free to name who victimized them or their candidate and how it is someone else's fault their guy lost.

If you aren't voting third party you have no vision. This one is over and merely the second phase of Clinton family chokehold on POTUS. The only way your kids won't be standing in line to receive their mandatory President Chelsea forehead tattoo is to vote for Johnson. You do love your kids and country right?

What? Take away the MJ and Johnson isn't too far from people named Clinton.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Paul, how about blaming the party for putting up candidates people didn't like.

Two words. "Rick" "Perry". THAT would have been better than DJT.

17 candidates competed for the nomination. This is probably how I would rank them as it stand now.

Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Carly Fiorina
    Marco Rubio
    Ben Carson
    Ted Cruz
    John Kasich
    Rick Perry
    Lindsey Graham
    Jim Gilmore
    Mike Huckabee
    Bobby Jindal
    Jeb Bush
    Donald Trump
    Rick Santorum
    Chris Christie
    George Pataki

In that group are people who represent every faction in the GOP. The only exception, the alt-right aren't all that well represented other than Trump. The fullness of the GOP's diversity was available this election cycle.

Granted, there are many losers in that group, counting Trump. The basement stairs begins somewhere around Rick Perry and descends from there. So that gives a good separation between the serious candidates and the clowns. DJT is firmly placed among the clowns.

But I'm not going to blame the GOP for this. For not putting up better. As I said, it's a diverse group. I'm even going to try not to blame the Trumpers for nominating a clown. I mostly blame the ****ed up way we vote. The two-party, primary election, first-past-the-post, winner-takes-all system has produced the worst Hobson's choice I have experienced in my lifetime. Our choice is literally between a narcissistic reality TV/Real Estate tycoon, and a criminal, and most people are gonna vote for the ****ing CRIMINAL!!!

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Two words. "Rick" "Perry". THAT would have been better than DJT.

17 candidates competed for the nomination. This is probably how I would rank them as it stand now.

Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Carly Fiorina
    Marco Rubio
    Ben Carson
    Ted Cruz
    John Kasich
    Rick Perry
    Lindsey Graham
    Jim Gilmore
    Mike Huckabee
    Bobby Jindal
    Jeb Bush
    Donald Trump
    Rick Santorum
    Chris Christie
    George Pataki

In that group are people who represent every faction in the GOP. The only exception, the alt-right aren't all that well represented other than Trump. The fullness of the GOP's diversity was available this election cycle.

Granted, there are many losers in that group, counting Trump. The basement stairs begins somewhere around Rick Perry and descends from there. So that gives a good separation between the serious candidates and the clowns. DJT is firmly placed among the clowns.

But I'm not going to blame the GOP for this. For not putting up better. As I said, it's a diverse group. I'm even going to try not to blame the Trumpers for nominating a clown. I mostly blame the ****ed up way we vote. The two-party, primary election, first-past-the-post, winner-takes-all system has produced the worst Hobson's choice I have experienced in my lifetime. Our choice is literally between a narcissistic reality TV/Real Estate tycoon, and a criminal, and most people are gonna vote for the ****ing CRIMINAL!!!
    your list is not to far off,but the last three should be Kasich ,Huck,and Graham at the Very bottom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom