The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If 2016 has given us anything, it's shown us exactly how insane Matt Drudge is willing to be for clicks.

Still pimping stories about a Clinton illegitimate son, and now a story about Obama bragging about his erection to female journalists.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    To be clear, it isn't a sure thing that there'll be a Dem majority. ;)

Wait a minute. Doesn't the sitting house pick the president if there is a lack of majority electoral votes for 1 candidate?

But, in a somewhat ironic (but not unexpected) twist, Trump and his supporters may need the GOPe congressional candidates that they've disparaged over the course of the campaign.
    I would not be surprised if the current Republican congress picked Hillary in such a match anyway.
    Hillary is not a threat to the duopoly.
    Some Johnson supporters have this idea that if Johnson won just 2-3 states (that part being plausible) then he would throw the vote to the House who would elect Johnson as a compromise. I would like to see that happen, but I don't really believe it. Again, the sitting Repubs want to maintain their power structure.
    It's also likely that regardless of electoral votes that HRC will have the highest popular vote, and some people ALREADY think that's all that matters. In an electoral toss-up , they are going to throw a serious hissy fit if Congress ignores the popular vote.

Well that's all speculation anyway. Without some more October surprises, HRC will get the electoral votes. And the biggest creator of October surprises is Trump: working against himself.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BREAKING: TRUMPS SECRETARY

D5o9ida.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait a minute. Doesn't the sitting house pick the president if there is a lack of majority electoral votes for 1 candidate?

I do not believe this is correct. But, I am relying on secondary sources. I haven't researched it.

From 2012:
    An Electoral College tie, explained

So, this quote is a little off:
    It would be the newly elected Congress that makes the tiebreaking vote, and with congressional elections equally in play it’s impossible to say for sure which way they’ll swing. But assuming that the Republicans maintain control of the House and Democrats maintain control of the Senate, the likely result would be Mitt Romney as president and Joe Biden as vice president.

House picks POTUS; Senate picks Veep.

The calendar works against the sitting Congress. The EC vote doesn't happen until December. That would be the next arena - trying to get any one EC delegate to switch (if a tie). Once the EC meets, then there isn't a winner, that would only leave a couple weeks, during the holiday recess I believe, to get a congressional vote.

January arrives, new members sworn in, first agenda item under new business: elect a president.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As T.Lex pointed out in another thread... while Clinton is likely to beat 300 EC votes... if it did somehow get both candidates under 270... the new Democrat majority congress would pick the next President.

Also, here's how well Trump is doing with women:

CukN_otW8AEuJsd.jpg:small

CukOAuDWIAAswUY.jpg:small

This Democrats majority. Is the polling as solid on that as the presidential election? I am seeing it trotted out more and more, but remain unconvinced.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If 2016 has given us anything, it's shown us exactly how insane Matt Drudge is willing to be for clicks.

Still pimping stories about a Clinton illegitimate son, and now a story about Obama bragging about his erection to female journalists.

It's a video...Pretty funny...He's very Anthony Weinerish about it...Kind of posing and standing with one leg up so they get a full view (after he gets them to "pay attention" to him...) It's really kind of funny....The ladies were giggling but the press were obviously in the tank for him then and they behaved as one would expect groupies to behave when their rock star shows them his Johnson....Now you said Matt Drudge is "insane" for clicks for posting these stories but a couple of posts down from this one you posted a "click" that Trump walked in on nude contestants...(I always assumed beauty contestants and runway models were just kind of used to that...)What seems like a big deal to us folks in middle America is just kind of par for the course at these type of events...I have heard that before and occasionally you will see "backstage" at one of these events on TV and there are people in various stages of dress walking around in what appears to be a mad house....It didn't seem at all salacious to me...Just folks in various modes of dress and undress trying to get their job done....

[video=youtube;ijSCT9BGK10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSCT9BGK10[/video]

That above is offered IMHO...

I think neither you or Drudge are insane for doing this....In a way you both want people to get all of the news they can in a quick fashion...I implore you to keep posting these links....I am crapping you negative when I say for the past couple of months YOU have been my source of news on this election...I want that to continue...I like the way you keep the Trump stories in the Trump thread, the Clinton stories in the Clinton thread etc....

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The CRFB (a bipartisan panel) says that Trump's plans would increase the National Debt by 26 times more than Clinton.

But I guess he never claimed to be Conservative.

Trump plans would increase debt 26 TIMES more than Hillary Clinton, CRFB study says

Cue the "national debt doesn't matter" crowd.

Just yesterday an economist compared Hillary's and Donald's tax platforms and basically said both would increase the National Debt. However, Hillary's plan offers no recovery, just more debt. Trump's plan is more of an investment that would increase the Debt for the short term (2-3 yrs) but then reverse reverse itself and actually increase revenues.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just yesterday an economist compared Hillary's and Donald's tax platforms and basically said both would increase the National Debt. However, Hillary's plan offers no recovery, just more debt. Trump's plan is more of an investment that would increase the Debt for the short term (2-3 yrs) but then reverse reverse itself and actually increase revenues.
    Link available?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now you said Matt Drudge is "insane" for clicks for posting these stories but a couple of posts down from this one you posted a "click" that Trump walked in on nude contestants...

Bit of a difference. The WaPo story is me sharing that this attack on Trump isn't really over, and they've got more stuff like this. However, I was lazy and posted directly to the article. I typically try and use archive links for websites that don't deserve the clicks (Breitbart, Vox, Salon, et al). I wouldn't consider myself pro-WaPo, since they have a soft paywall.

The Drudge stuff is more tabloidy than actual news anymore.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a video...Pretty funny...He's very Anthony Weinerish about it...Kind of posing and standing with one leg up so they get a full view (after he gets them to "pay attention" to him...) It's really kind of funny....The ladies were giggling but the press were obviously in the tank for him then and they behaved as one would expect groupies to behave when their rock star shows them his Johnson....
    Is he oblivious to what's going on? Is he being coy and crass? I honestly can't tell. The women act as I expect them too - the same way the men would act if it was Sarah Palin having a nipple slip. :naughty: If this is an isolated incident, it won't get any traction and probably shouldn't. With Trump, it all feeds into the narrative.

I had a manager that'd do that leg pose, but right at my desk, and right in front of my face. :puke:
    He was truly oblivious.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    obama was hamming it up in what he thought to be a private moment...... just another illustration of the blatant double standard depending on which letter is after your name.
    And remember, Trump was a lifelong demoncrat as we have been reminded of constantly for the last 6 months...... why wasn't this "behavior" brought up 10 years ago?
    (rhetorical, it's because he was a demoncrat)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Bit of a difference. The WaPo story is me sharing that this attack on Trump isn't really over, and they've got more stuff like this. However, I was lazy and posted directly to the article. I typically try and use archive links for websites that don't deserve the clicks (Breitbart, Vox, Salon, et al). I wouldn't consider myself pro-WaPo, since they have a soft paywall.

The Drudge stuff is more tabloidy than actual news anymore.

I don't know what any of that means (soft paywall???) but I do thank you for posting these links in whatever fashion you see fit....Thanks again...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what any of that means (soft paywall???) but I do thank you for posting these links in whatever fashion you see fit....Thanks again...

No problem. A soft-paywall is where a website allows you to read some of it's content... but cuts you off at some point. WaPo only lets you view so many articles before it starts asking you for money and blocks the screen. A hard-paywall is a news site that just doesn't allow you to view anything until you pay.

Typically, I take an archive of these articles (essentially a snapshot, and re-hosted on another website) so people can view it without:

A. Being disallowed due to the paywall, and
    B. Giving websites like this the clicks/ad revenue

Any time you see me post a link that goes somewhere like "archive.is", that's a rehost of an article because the original article is hosted somewhere that I consider to be undeserving of your clicks/revenue.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    obama was hamming it up in what he thought to be a private moment...... just another illustration of the blatant double standard depending on which letter is after your name.
    I think he was "packing". (Don't look that up if you can't guess what it means).
    And remember, Trump was a lifelong demoncrat as we have been reminded of constantly for the last 6 months...... why wasn't this "behavior" brought up 10 years ago?
    (rhetorical, it's because he was a demoncrat)
    Actually, it's because he wasn't running for president, or any public office for that matter. :n00b:

Wiener was a hardcore liberal democrat and he was run out on rails. Care to explain that given your belief there's a double standard?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wiener was a hardcore liberal democrat and he was run out on rails. Care to explain that given your belief there's a double standard?

I want to watch this...Should be on netflix soon...

[video=youtube;LCoI3DdstZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCoI3DdstZw[/video]

[video=youtube;T7Ntw2asHfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Ntw2asHfU[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom