The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Say the GOP pulls away from Trump,pizzing on the Trump voters,and looses votes to retain the House and Senate,and Trump wins the Presidency,is it still Trump's fault that they lost?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why should congress, a group that's primarily concerned with soundbites for their reelection, be given that level of power?

If nobody can do it then we have to sit on our hands and watch corruption consume every element of government.

Remember, most these folks aren't elected.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You've conflated "pushing for" and "letting it take it's course"...

If he/they had just done this post convention - offering lip service and minimalist support - we would not be having this conversation

If he was unelectable, what were they so afraid of

I believe I have Teal trademarked

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If nobody can do it then we have to sit on our hands and watch corruption consume every element of government.

Remember, most these folks aren't elected.

But at the highest level they are installed by POTUS and then rubber stamped by Congress. These are the people that set the tone and do the hiring and firing.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    @indi

As usual, I admire your tenacity on that front.

Your post helped me realize something. Part of my issue with Trump, and his more vocal supporters, is the we-don't-need-no-water-let-the-MFer-burn attitude. By nature, I am more of a fixer. Sometimes, you have to break some stuff to get to the part that needs replacing, and you end up replacing more stuff, but the goal is to fix it. To make it right.

Too often, including here on INGO, it seems that Trump and his supporters are more interested in the tearing down than the fixing. In my experience, it is rarely ever better - in any measurable way - to destroy something and start over. It is always a combination of over budget, delayed, or ends up not really as good as it was designed or sold.

Particularly in politics, this eternal-war/burn the ***** down nihilism is irreconcilable with American values.

When a house is rotten to its foundation you can't just replace a few boards and some drywall. You tear it down. Then you build anew.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When a house is rotten to its foundation you can't just replace a few boards and some drywall. You tear it down. Then you build anew.

I think this might go to the heart of it.

Imagine we're both inspectors - you think it's a loss and want Trump Construction to raze and rebuild, I think your estimates are overblown and wanted Kasich Konstruction to remodel (think of Norm on This Old House).

Now I'm stuck - Trump is going to bulldoze this elegant 200 year old landmark, but Hillary wants to build another four floors onto the old timber frame! Either way it's coming down...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think this might go to the heart of it.

Imagine we're both inspectors - you think it's a loss and want Trump Construction to raze and rebuild, I think your estimates are overblown and wanted Kasich Konstruction to remodel (think of Norm on This Old House).

Now I'm stuck - Trump is going to bulldoze this elegant 200 year old landmark, but Hillary wants to build another four floors onto the old timber frame! Either way it's coming down...

Except Trump is the only person in this election who will personally state that he seeks to defend the constitution and nominate justices who will.

So he isn't wanting to scrap the foundation at all.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Right. It's not Paul Ryan's job to get Donald Trump elected. It's Donald Trump's job to get Donald Trump elected.

Would you say the converse of this is true? It's not Trump's job to get the down ballot candidates elected?

What is the role of the Republican party in getting it's members elected?

What is the role of each Republican party member in getting the party's nominees elected?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Would you say the converse of this is true? It's not Trump's job to get the down ballot candidates elected?

What is the role of the Republican party in getting it's members elected?

What is the role of each Republican party member in getting the party's nominees elected?

The RNC's goal is be getting as much power as it can, i.e. getting it's members elected. And no position has as much power as POTUS. Ergo, Paul Ryan should be doing what he can to get Trump elected.

That said, if it becomes obvious that there is a need to hedge the bet then Ryan should let Trump go it alone.

It's all about damage control.

If Trump wins and down ticket R's lose because of this, then so be it. But, the prudent thing to do is prepare for a Hillary win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom