The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Did I miss the part where Trump actually campaigned on investigating/prosecuting Clinton? I must have missed that in his stump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nah. Why not campaign on "Secure the border"? Why keep talking about beautiful, tall walls when it's just a metaphor?

You can't re-interpret what he says to what you wanted him to mean. Yes, he'll probably do something to secure the border (now that he has probably smarter people around him that can guide this in the right direction.)

Talking about her being in jail, getting a special prosecutor, etc... that isn't metaphor. That's saying something to your crowds to rile them up and vote for that thing to happen.

I've seen a non-zero number of Trump supporters on Twitter today angry and feeling cheated that Conway said she wouldn't be investigated. Some people voted for that.

Was it realistic? Definitely not. People here should have known it wasn't going to happen. I'm not necessarily talking about the super-geniuses and wonderful people on INGO. I'm talking about the less-than-politically involved common people that hear a person running for office say or imply something... and think they're going to do it.

I'm primarily talking about the con, as it were.

You still don't get it...I told you he would win and you didn't get it...I told you how real Trump supporters think and you don't get it...It's okay...We do and if you want to spend the next four to eight years telling me I was duped I will fault you not.....It's okay bro...I can't make you think I understand metaphors and the mind of someone from business...

A great article in the New Yorker had a third generation Muslim American business owner from West Virginia kind of poking fun at this blind spot...I am paraphrasing but he said "Any businessman knows you start high and then work your way down...You come down here from New York questioning about the Wall and whether it will get built and I see that as his starting point...It's easier to take hair off that to put it back on...When negotiating always start from the top and work your way down..."

I do this every day in my shop...Every day...It's just business and negotiating...Dare I say it's "The Art of the Deal..."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You still don't get it...I told you he would win and you didn't get it...I told you how real Trump supporters think and you don't get it...It's okay...We do and if you want to spend the next four to eight years telling me I was duped I will fault you not.....It's okay bro...I can't make you think I understand metaphors and the mind of someone from business...

A great article in the New Yorker had a third generation Muslim American business owner from West Virginia kind of poking fun at this blind spot...I am paraphrasing but he said "Any businessman knows you start high and then work your way down...You come down here from New York questioning about the Wall and whether it will get built and I see that as his starting point...It's easier to take hair off that to put it back on...When negotiating always start from the top and work your way down..."

I do this every day in my shop...Every day...It's just business and negotiating...Dare I say it's "The Art of the Deal..."

Condescending without acknowledging what I said isn't the best angle here. You act like you're in his inside circle, and somehow know everything he's thinking and doing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's sorta like Adam Carolla has been saying: "There's never been a better time to be an actual racist." So many people get called a racist for no good reason that you can't tell who really is and who isn't.

Now THIS is a fair point.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Debates aren't "campaigning"? I don't know.

Basically, yes. I don't consider an attempted haymaker during a debate to be "campaigning", especially when it isn't consistent with what he actually said while campaigning. He got Clinton to fall for the old "rope-a-dope" trick, that let him mic-drop the, "...because you'd be in jail" line.

Trump campaigned on a lot of things, all of which he has addressed as actionable, and none of which have involved investigating/prosecuting Clinton.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Condescending without acknowledging what I said isn't the best angle here. You act like you're in his inside circle, and somehow know everything he's thinking and doing.

I apologize...That was not my intent...I am on with NICS calling in a 4473...I was tweaking my post...Thought I might have sounded a little tickish...I was just referring to my family and not like I was in some inner circle...I mean there is no way that I am this cool...:)

[video=youtube;wQ8mNxoD3FQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ8mNxoD3FQ[/video]

No joke...You are right..Not one of my better posts...I know what you meant...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never seen the real evidence on the clinton machine and probably never will. They should be prosecuted and sentenced to the maximum extent of the law if the evidence warrants such action. They've become the symbol of corruption and everything that's wrong with leadership today, if confidence in the system is ever going to be rebuilt in this country there needs to be a very public trial and a very public sentence. This "nobles oblige" stuff has no business here.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The Clinton machine has been effectively shut down with the loss of the election. The government ought not spend more money chasing Clinton through the courts. It is a bad investment. I'd rather spend the money repairing a bridge or building a school. Or paying off a little national debt.

None of this stuff is for free. I'd prefer to let the Clintons slowly dissolve into the mists along the Hudson, never to be heard from again.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Clinton machine has been effectively shut down with the loss of the election. The government ought not spend more money chasing Clinton through the courts. It is a bad investment. I'd rather spend the money repairing a bridge or building a school. Or paying off a little national debt.

None of this stuff is for free. I'd prefer to let the Clintons slowly dissolve into the mists along the Hudson, never to be heard from again.

Yep....Pitch perfect Alpo...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I've seen this sentiment pretty often, and I just want to say something about that.

If there is any single faction of Trump voters most responsible for Trump's election it is the Trumpers (you know I don't mean that disparagingly). One thing I want to caution you about is overestimating your political power. Trumpers didn't elect Trump alone. The Trump vote wasn't homogeneously Trumper. The exit polls show that a good section of the Trump vote was not from just Trumpers. One of the largest factions of non-Trumpers, perhaps as many as 20%, were those voters who voted for Trump only because they hated Hillary more. I'm in that class of Trump voter. I'd have voted for Jim Webb if he were the Dem nominee. I was pleased that Trump won only because it meant Hillary lost.

You guys often post as if you're all one like minded homogeneous group and you need to understand that you're not. People voted for Trump for differing reasons, and for the most part for YOUR reasons. But don't take that to mean that Trump has a huge mandate. I don't really think he does. Trump brought in fewer votes than Romney did. Trump won because Hillary turned off so many of her own voters. Millennial voters stayed home. Minorities stayed home. Trump is on probation with America. You guys may give him a lot more leeway than many of us will.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've seen this sentiment pretty often, and I just want to say something about that.

If there is any single faction of Trump voters most responsible for Trump's election it is the Trumpers (you know I don't mean that disparagingly). One thing I want to caution you about is overestimating your political power. Trumpers didn't elect Trump alone. The Trump vote wasn't homogeneously Trumper. The exit polls show that a good section of the Trump vote was not from just Trumpers. One of the largest factions of non-Trumpers, perhaps as many as 20%, were those voters who voted for Trump only because they hated Hillary more. I'm in that class of Trump voter. I'd have voted for Jim Webb if he were the Dem nominee. I was pleased that Trump won only because it meant Hillary lost.

You guys often post as if you're all one like minded homogeneous group and you need to understand that you're not. People voted for Trump for differing reasons, and for the most part for YOUR reasons. But don't take that to mean that Trump has a huge mandate. I don't really think he does. Trump brought in fewer votes than Romney did. Trump won because Hillary turned off so many of her own voters. Millennial voters stayed home. Minorities stayed home. Trump is on probation with America. You guys may give him a lot more leeway than many of us will.

I would've like to vote against Trump. But I couldn't stand Clinton. I would've liked to vote for Obama. But I didn't like his platform. The last major party candidate I voted for, was Dubya. I stopped holding my nose a long time ago. I pick, regardless of their chances, the candidate that MOST resembles my views, unless the president is waging a war he started.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

After finding out how the Clintons were using their foundation for personal gain, I really wanted them to face justice for that. But that was at a time when I really thought they'd win the White House and get away with all of it.

Now that she lost I think justice will be served sort of naturally. The foundation will likely die. They have no more access to sell. I think I'm at peace with the Clintons just fading into obscurity.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I'm at peace with the Clintons just fading into obscurity.

Chelsea-Clinton.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing positive could come from a Clinton prosecution announcement at this time. Much better to keep the cards close to the vest until we have "the keys to the car."

On the contrary, sending out a staffer to do a head fake could be advantageous. Not to mention an interesting trial balloon. :D

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I'm primarily talking about the con, as it were.

You were also talking about the con, "as it were," when you repeatedly stated Trump was a bogus candidate who didn't want to win, was only there to hand the election to Clinton, etc., etc., ad nauseam, ad infinitum. So I hope you won't take it too harshly when I suggest your Trump Crystal Ball is pretty lacking in credibility at this point.

...Trump brought in fewer votes than Romney did...

Could you please provide citation for this statement? Thanks.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump, at NYT. This is transcribed from Maggie Haberman of NYT. Pardon the formatting, it's copy-pasted from her feed.

---

“You could make the case the Washington Post was bad, but every once in awhile I actually got a good article,” Trump says.

"We had a great victory," Trump says. "I'll see every once in awhile someone says, 'Well, the popular vote.'" "I'd rather do the popular vote," Trump says. "I think we'd do as well or better." Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." "Until now." Also says Electoral College "gets you out to" see states you wouldn't otherwise. "The African-American community liked me. They liked what I was saying," Trump says.

Trump on alt-right supporters: "It's not a group I want to energize. And if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why." Trump says "no" when asked if he is taking investigations off the table for Clintons but adds he doesn't want to "hurt the Clintons." Says he wants to move on and move forward. "I'm not looking to go back and go through this," Trump says.

Trump on disappointing his supporters re Clinton: "I don't think they will be disappointed... I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country."
    "My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let's go forward.This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum"

"Clean air is vitally important," Trump says about climate change. Says he is keeping "an open mind." "I think there is some connectivity" between humans and climate change, Trump says.

Trump on his businesses/conflict q's: "The law's totally on my side, the president can't have a conflict of interest." "My company's so unimportant to me relative to what I'm doing." Trump. Trump acknowledges the DC hotel he owns is "probably a more valuable asset than it was before." Says the brand is "hotter." "I don't care about anything having anything to do" with something other than the U.S., Trump says. "I don't want to influence anything." Trump says "in theory" he could continue signing checks at his company, but he is "phasing that out now" and giving to his kids.

"In theory I could run my business perfectly and then run the country perfectly. There's never been a case like this,"he says of his tangles. "I'd assumed that you'd have to set up some type of trust or whatever and you don't," Trump says.But he adds "I would like to do something."

"I might have brought it up," Trump says of Farage meeting and wind farms.

On Bannon:"If I thought he was a racist or alt-right or any of the things, the terms we could use, I wouldn't even think about hiring him." "I think it's very hard on him. I think he's having a hard time with it. Because it's not him." "A lot of people are coming to his defense right now," Trump says of Bannon. Reince voices support too at conference table.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom