The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump, at NYT. This is transcribed from Maggie Haberman of NYT. Pardon the formatting, it's copy-pasted from her feed.

---

“You could make the case the Washington Post was bad, but every once in awhile I actually got a good article,” Trump says.

"We had a great victory," Trump says. "I'll see every once in awhile someone says, 'Well, the popular vote.'" "I'd rather do the popular vote," Trump says. "I think we'd do as well or better." Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." "Until now." Also says Electoral College "gets you out to" see states you wouldn't otherwise. "The African-American community liked me. They liked what I was saying," Trump says.

Trump on alt-right supporters: "It's not a group I want to energize. And if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why." Trump says "no" when asked if he is taking investigations off the table for Clintons but adds he doesn't want to "hurt the Clintons." Says he wants to move on and move forward. "I'm not looking to go back and go through this," Trump says.

Trump on disappointing his supporters re Clinton: "I don't think they will be disappointed... I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country."
    "My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let's go forward.This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum"

"Clean air is vitally important," Trump says about climate change. Says he is keeping "an open mind." "I think there is some connectivity" between humans and climate change, Trump says.

Trump on his businesses/conflict q's: "The law's totally on my side, the president can't have a conflict of interest." "My company's so unimportant to me relative to what I'm doing." Trump. Trump acknowledges the DC hotel he owns is "probably a more valuable asset than it was before." Says the brand is "hotter." "I don't care about anything having anything to do" with something other than the U.S., Trump says. "I don't want to influence anything." Trump says "in theory" he could continue signing checks at his company, but he is "phasing that out now" and giving to his kids.

"In theory I could run my business perfectly and then run the country perfectly. There's never been a case like this,"he says of his tangles. "I'd assumed that you'd have to set up some type of trust or whatever and you don't," Trump says.But he adds "I would like to do something."

"I might have brought it up," Trump says of Farage meeting and wind farms.

On Bannon:"If I thought he was a racist or alt-right or any of the things, the terms we could use, I wouldn't even think about hiring him." "I think it's very hard on him. I think he's having a hard time with it. Because it's not him." "A lot of people are coming to his defense right now," Trump says of Bannon. Reince voices support too at conference table.

Regarding the business and conflict of interest, some are saying he would be impeached almost immediately... and the GOP will absolutely not fall on their swords for him on that topic. They would prefer Pence, anyway.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Could you please provide citation for this statement? Thanks.

With all the votes now in, it looks like Trump got a bit over a million more votes than Romney (~62m to ~61m). Obama got about 3m more than HRC (~66 to ~63).

More votes were tallied this year, ~133m compared to 129m in 2012.

The third party candidates did better.

From wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Results
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Results

Up until a few days ago, the count had DJT at less than 60m. That may be where the confusion is - all the late-counted votes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You were also talking about the con, "as it were," when you repeatedly stated Trump was a bogus candidate who didn't want to win, was only there to hand the election to Clinton, etc., etc., ad nauseam, ad infinitum. So I hope you won't take it too harshly when I suggest your Trump Crystal Ball is pretty lacking in credibility at this point.

Could you please provide citation for this statement? Thanks.

With all the votes now in, it looks like Trump got a bit over a million more votes than Romney (~62m to ~61m). Obama got about 3m more than HRC (~66 to ~63).

More votes were tallied this year, ~133m compared to 129m in 2012.

The third party candidates did better.

From wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Results
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Results

Up until a few days ago, the count had DJT at less than 60m. That may be where the confusion is - all the late-counted votes.

That's what I was referring to. But the point remains, Trump's victory wasn't just from Trumpers. A coalition of voters found enough common cause to elect him. 90% of Republicans voted for Trump. That number obviously includes establishment and even some #nevertrumpers who changed their minds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Regarding the business and conflict of interest, some are saying he would be impeached almost immediately... and the GOP will absolutely not fall on their swords for him on that topic. They would prefer Pence, anyway.

See? The strategy could work.

Pence '17! :rockwoot:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've seen this sentiment pretty often, and I just want to say something about that.

If there is any single faction of Trump voters most responsible for Trump's election it is the Trumpers (you know I don't mean that disparagingly). One thing I want to caution you about is overestimating your political power. Trumpers didn't elect Trump alone. The Trump vote wasn't homogeneously Trumper. The exit polls show that a good section of the Trump vote was not from just Trumpers. One of the largest factions of non-Trumpers, perhaps as many as 20%, were those voters who voted for Trump only because they hated Hillary more. I'm in that class of Trump voter. I'd have voted for Jim Webb if he were the Dem nominee. I was pleased that Trump won only because it meant Hillary lost.

You guys often post as if you're all one like minded homogeneous group and you need to understand that you're not. People voted for Trump for differing reasons, and for the most part for YOUR reasons. But don't take that to mean that Trump has a huge mandate. I don't really think he does. Trump brought in fewer votes than Romney did. Trump won because Hillary turned off so many of her own voters. Millennial voters stayed home. Minorities stayed home. Trump is on probation with America. You guys may give him a lot more leeway than many of us will.

Agreed...I was pleased that Trump got more minority votes than previous Republicans....I think you and I have talked about this before...I really don't think we have a mandate...That's what I was trying to say to GP earlier...The whole "wall" and "lock her up" to me was just aiming high and taking what you could get..I have been reaching out to Sanders voters (at the bank the other day I had a nice conversation with a young lady with green hair...) and some Clinton supporters of various races (including white) to try to say we are willing to be flexible....

I am more concerned with healing the rift and holding this funky coalition together one person at a time...I still just love the historical aspect of it and I am certain the hysterical aspect will kick in eventually...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey, I wrote about that in one of these threads before the election. Best outcome would be if Trump won and was immediately impeached. It could happen.

Yeah you did...Responding to me...LOL...I told you I liked the entertainment part of it along with the whole "Burning Down the House" aspect and you responded with your dastardly master plan...

3a23ff33959ece2c2494e3648ba85720f33570fdf749dbbf4b5f87d1747ef3bc.jpg

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's what I was referring to. But the point remains, Trump's victory wasn't just from Trumpers. A coalition of voters found enough common cause to elect him. 90% of Republicans voted for Trump. That number obviously includes establishment and even some #nevertrumpers who changed their minds.

SYMn2vb.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nasty woman is now good people...again.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news...-wont-pursue-prosecution-of-clinton,25386579/

NEW YORK — Donald Trump pledged to prosecute his rival, Hillary Clinton, during the presidential race. Today, he broke that promise.
    Top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway said on MSNBC that Trump would not appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton’s emails or family foundation.“When the president tells you he doesn’t wish to pursue the charges, it sends a strong message,” Conway said in an interview on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “I think Hillary Clinton still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don’t find her to be honest or trustworthy, but if Trump can help her heal, perhaps that’s a good thing.”Trump, himself, said after the election that was no longer a priority. In an interview on “60 Minutes,” he called the Clintons “good people.”“I’m going to think about it. … I don’t want to hurt them,” he said.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nasty woman is now good people...again.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news...-wont-pursue-prosecution-of-clinton,25386579/

NEW YORK — Donald Trump pledged to prosecute his rival, Hillary Clinton, during the presidential race. Today, he broke that promise.
    Top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway said on MSNBC that Trump would not appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton’s emails or family foundation.“When the president tells you he doesn’t wish to pursue the charges, it sends a strong message,” Conway said in an interview on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “I think Hillary Clinton still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don’t find her to be honest or trustworthy, but if Trump can help her heal, perhaps that’s a good thing.”Trump, himself, said after the election that was no longer a priority. In an interview on “60 Minutes,” he called the Clintons “good people.”“I’m going to think about it. … I don’t want to hurt them,” he said.

Good......Further proof he is the right pick....The moment he won I looked to Laura and said "He needs to pardon Clinton as soon as he is sworn in..."

I hope no one in the House or Senate try to derail it....I think that announcement was a pretty good shot across the bow to those that would pursue...Clinton's need to just fade away....The Clinton Foundation will either REALLY become a charity and a force of good or it will whither away...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom