The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, Trump would have been better off grabbing women by the hyperboles.

I don't expect the inner workings of the RNC to be much better than the DNC. It wasn't any different going back to St. Reagan. No one remembers Iran/Contra?

This stuff is dirty and complex and may be input into final decisions, but to be wrapped around the axle by the inner workings of a political party shows naiveté extrema.

Pages and pages on Hillary. That's fine. But I still haven't seen anything in support of Trump. He's a pathologic liar, doesn't pay his subcontractors, doesn't respect women and has no experience in government whatsoever, other than paying the occasional bribe.

Frankly, I see him as the larger problem, along with an obstreperous Senate that will throw our judicial system into further turmoil over the next decade.

We have bigger problems than what Podesta says as he types in the nude on a Friday night.

You kind of remind of my great grandfather on my mother's side Alpo....This is not meant as a slur but a definition....I have heard liberal filmmaker Ken Burn's refers to himself as one of these...

Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".

In the 1900 Kentucky gubernatorial contest involving Kentucky Governor William Goebel, Theodore Hallam was criticized at a Democratic Party meeting for first supporting Goebel, then campaigning against him. The critic pointed out that Hallam earlier had said "if the Democrats of Kentucky, in convention assembled, nominated a yaller dog for governor you would vote for him" and asked "why do you now repudiate the nominee of that convention, the Honorable William Goebel?" Hallam responded:
    "I admit," he stated blandly, "that I said then what I now repeat, namely, that when the Democratic Party of Kentucky, in convention assembled, sees fit in its wisdom to nominate a yaller dog for the governorship of this great state, I will support him — but lower than that ye shall not drag me!"[SUP][8]

[/SUP]The term was also used by Abraham Lincoln in an 1848 speech on the presidential campaign of General Zachary Taylor, whose Democratic opponent was General Lewis Cass. Lincoln derided Cass as one of several recent Democratic presidential candidates in the mold of Andrew Jackson by saying:
    "A fellow once advertised that he had made a discovery by which he could make a new man out of an old one, and have enough of the stuff left to make a little yellow dog. Just such a discovery has Gen. Jackson's popularity been to you [Democrats]. You not only twice made President of him out of it, but you have had enough of the stuff left to make Presidents of several comparatively small men since; and it is your chief reliance now to make still another."[SUP][5][/SUP]

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have a good friend in Kentucky who is Melungeon…not that that makes a hill of beans difference. We've talked a lot about Kentucky history and yeller dogs over a lot of clear corn liquor. I suppose that I wouldn't make the cut as a yeller dog democrat, cause I voted for Reagan, and George HW (twice) and even his idiot son once.

I come from a family who have been decorated with purple hearts (or badge of merit) since the Civil War. We've all worked with our hands as well as our heads. Trump is a thief who steals money from contractors and their families. Had he been an honest business man, I might have overlooked his other shortcomings and let him attempt to set principle in action in Washington.

But, he is not that man.

For all the many reasons that many of us do not like Mike Pence, I believe him to be a man of principle and I could have stood behind him as the presidential candidate in this election (Mitch Daniels would have been even better!). But, Pence is not running for President.

Last edited:

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    "I come from a family who have been decorated with purple hearts (or badge of merit) since the Civil War."
    Many thanks to your forefathers!

"
    I voted for Reagan"
    Thanks!

"Trump is a thief who steals money from contractors and their families. "
    Please try inform the Haitians that Hilary is not a larger problem.

..."
    doesn't respect women" I'm not convinced that Monica (and others) is iv favor HRC.

"
    no experience in government whatsoever, other than paying the occasional bribe."
    Is HRC's resume in government something that should be supported? And don't get me started on Clinton foundation bribes.

I could go on, but won't.

As one who has been trained on the handling of classified, I get itchy (
    a lot ) thinking of her as President. I cam't say that the Donald is a good choice, but I would rather vote for a dog than someone with a resume of treason and a desire to regulate the Bill of Rights.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Post #1 includes the phrase: Be respectful to one another to a fault.

I would recommend self respect as well.

Sometimes the "morning after the night before" results in a serious case of buyers remorse. We already know who will win the election; the fix is in. Those reports have gone viral and have become old news. Can "self respect" tolerate voting in favor of a candidate who is associated with that?

Donald speaks out in support of the Constitution so my choice strained, but clear.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    if-youdont-want-the-fblinvoivedin-elections-dontnominatesomeone-whos-being-investigated-5683408.png

:yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "I come from a family who have been decorated with purple hearts (or badge of merit) since the Civil War."
    Many thanks to your forefathers!

"
    I voted for Reagan"
    Thanks!

"Trump is a thief who steals money from contractors and their families. "
    Please try inform the Haitians that Hilary is not a larger problem.

..."
    doesn't respect women" I'm not convinced that Monica (and others) is iv favor HRC.

"
    no experience in government whatsoever, other than paying the occasional bribe."
    Is HRC's resume in government something that should be supported? And don't get me started on Clinton foundation bribes.

I could go on, but won't.

As one who has been trained on the handling of classified, I get itchy (
    a lot ) thinking of her as President. I cam't say that the Donald is a good choice, but I would rather vote for a dog than someone with a resume of treason and a desire to regulate the Bill of Rights.

I'm trying to figure out which are your words, and which are attributed to someone else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not so sure about anything Trump says either, but I am sure that Hillary will do what she says.

Here's something to consider. If Clinton is elected, you can be sure that people would fight her tooth and nail if she tried to attacked the 2nd. If Trump is elected, it's hard to say that he isn't a mandate from the right. If he decides to attack the 2nd, democrats will all on-board, as well as certain weak-minded republicans, who would be too afraid to go against a president, who has the biggest stage in the world, to absolutely vilify them. The simple question is this. "Who if the opposed the 2nd Amendment, if elected, could actually be successful in their attempt? I, personally, don't believe Clinton has a snowball's chance. She'd be following behind a president that would be light years more popular than her, and he couldn't do it. So I think Clinton has even less of a chance.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Kut, There is no provision for Obamacare (previously Hilarycare) in the Constitution. In fact, it is expressly forbidden (enumerated powers). Yet, it happened and I can no longer afford a yearly physical.

Do we really want to play that game again?

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Kut, In second reading, I love that logic twist! I see the suggestion that the NRA supported candidate is a bigger threat to the 2a than the one who tells us straight up that she wants to regulate it. That's just awesome!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, In second reading, I love that logic twist! I see the suggestion that the NRA supported candidate is a bigger threat to the 2a than the one who tells us straight up that she wants to regulate it. That's just awesome!

The NRA should have sat on the sidelines on this one. Most of the candidates they support have proven track records, and have been ideologically consistent. Is there anyone here that say that Trump has been consistent in his view point about anything other than the benefits of Eastern European mail-order brides?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The NRA should have sat on the sidelines on this one. Most of the candidates they support have proven track records, and have been ideologically consistent. Is there anyone here that say that Trump has been consistent in his view point about anything other than the benefits of Eastern European mail-order brides?

Amendment: Uber hot Eastern European mail-order brides.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Mail Order Brides....Reminds me of Eddie Murphy and his Bush Woman routine....."I want half" LOL

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

TRUMP DENOUNCED DAVID DUKE TOO STRONGLY!!!!!! HE'S AN INSANE DESPOT!!!!!!!!

Nope. When you're in the public eye, regardless of who's side you happen to be on, this sort of thing is unacceptable. There's some nut job out there who just needs that little nudge from someone in power or influence to push him over the edge into "justified" violence. If the comment had been from a Black Lives Matter spokesman, etc. I think the reaction would be quite different.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Kut, you are welcome to draw your conclusion. Whatever logic works for you is fine I guess.
    As for me, I'll pin my decision on what the candidates have said they will do.

Here's a quick headline: Donald Trump in Colorado: ‘We’re Going to Protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms’
    And an easily located HRC quote: "If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulations."

Side note: She also seems to be saying that our freedom of religion, speech, and more are "subject to reasonable regulations." I am sure that there will be some people who desire that for this Constitutional Repulic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom