The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    From Jake Tapper, regarding Trump already working the failure narrative

He, like many of his suporters, is in love with victimhood. Don't expect the postmortem to include "I didn't...", it'll be 100% about blaming someone else so none of the problems that led up to the result will be fixed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, come on. Conservatives talk a good game, but when it comes down to it, they can't be counted on to vandalize, become violent and try to oppress the free speech of others.

Not anymore, at least. They used to be quite good at it. What happened? Did their kids soften their hearts?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's Trump's Hollywood Walk-of-Fame star. Got sledgehammered

CvsvmkdW8AAxF_j.jpg:large

This is getting nasty. Ya, Trump isn't fit to be President, but he's no more morally corrupt than any of the other people who have Hollywood stars.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The truth is that he who washed his hands actively tried to avoid the sacrifice presented to him by an angry mob.

Trump supporters willingly, nay zealously, sacrificed the GOP in the primaries.

Using your own reasoning, does not the manus lavit analogy include Trump supporters, including yourself?

Would that not beg the question of the GOPe's 'innocence'?

How did the judgement of history work out for he who washed his hands? Is he known for his other works or his attempt to prevent disaster?

"Washing our hands of a difficult situation will not free us of guilt; it will only give us a false sense of peace"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm still holding out for impeachment.

Keep dreamin'... :)

If they won't indict a senator-wanna-be-presidential-candidate for corruption, I doubt they'll do it when she is president. Or...are you talking about Trump? That all is just about sex. We don't care what people do in the privacy of their own locker rooms...do we?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh, come on. Conservatives talk a good game, but when it comes down to it, they can't be counted on to vandalize, become violent and try to oppress the free speech of others.

Sherman and his Republican cronies did a pretty good job of it, but to be fair they were freeing an entire race of folks the Democrats had kept in bondage....Desperate times call for desperate measures.....Now onto Atlanta!!!!!

William_Tecumseh_Sherman_and_staff_-_Brady-Handy.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Would that not beg the question of the GOPe's 'innocence'?

How did the judgement of history work out for he who washed his hands? Is he known for his other works or his attempt to prevent disaster?

"Washing our hands of a difficult situation will not free us of guilt; it will only give us a false sense of peace"
    Which is all why your analogy breaks down. ;)

Trump supporters are certainly not innocent in the carnage, any more than the angry mob was.

If ye are innocent, keep throwing stones.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which is all why your analogy breaks down. ;)

Trump supporters are certainly not innocent in the carnage, any more than the angry mob was.

If ye are innocent, keep throwing stones.

I am not unaware that you are 'not a fan' of the analogy, T. Lex :)

I use it because I consider it uniquely apropos, not simply to :stickpoke:

I even hold some sympathy for he who washed his hands. He was trapped; his only path away from disaster went against what was foreordained. He really had no chance (please don't interpret this as me claiming this ... level of inevitability ... to DJT)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am not unaware that you are 'not a fan' of the analogy, T. Lex :)

I use it because I consider it uniquely apropos, not simply to :stickpoke:

I even hold some sympathy for he who washed his hands. He was trapped; his only path away from disaster went against what was foreordained. He really had no chance (please don't interpret this as me claiming this ... level of inevitability ... to DJT)

Look, at this point, if DJT wins, I'm going to start believing in manifest destiny. (Well, I'll still be skeptical.)

Your reference is to a small, but important, role player. No less important than the betrayer, without whom the story would not be possible.

Personally, I think history will remember Trump as a footnote, an also ran. Somewhere between John Anderson and George Wallace. A 3rd party candidate who managed to hijack a major party. Political Science classes will use him as a reference like General Winfield Scott as the last nominee of a party that collapsed, and split.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom