The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    No I guess I was looking for a better song and dance. That was like yeah it happened but the video was edited then blah blah.
    I wanted something like it never happened nope never next question.

This is why there will never be another GOP Presidency its called a "ground game".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump says all the women that have accused him are "liars", and "will be sued after the election is over."

He's a billionaire, has been around thousands of hot women for 40 years.

Never once did anyone accuse him of rape or sexual assault.

Now that he's on the last few weeks of his presidential run, tons of people come out of the wood work claiming he sexually assaulted him...

Totally legit, right?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a theory...

The full court attacks on Trump from pop stars, late night talk show hosts, sit coms, SNL, NPR, PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, rappers, actors, actresses, Obama, Biden, etc....Shows a level of panic they should not have if the polls were accurate....

Hillary's hard hitting sit down with Ellen where she reminded people they REALLY need to get out and vote and that "it's not sure thing" had a hint of desperation about it....It makes me wonder what they are seeing that we are not...

I still believe Trump will win by 5 points and the best I can come up with is that it's just a feeling in the air...A vibe...An excitement...I mean for goodness sake Madonna is offering BJ's for votes for Hillary....That doesn't sound like a Hillary landslide to me....

IMHO of course....

Would be nice if she gets trounced, and we could keep the Democrats off guns for awhile.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    FYI, 2020 election is already planned out.

Curt Schilling is going to run against Elizabeth Warren in 2018, and for President in 2020

Another non-conservative ****-show. Hopefully a real candidate comes along to stop that.

CvdqbDVWAAEyvTU.jpg:large

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    FYI, 2020 election is already planned out.

Curt Schilling is going to run against Elizabeth Warren in 2018, and for President in 2020

Another non-conservative ****-show. Hopefully a real candidate comes along to stop that.

CvdqbDVWAAEyvTU.jpg:large

Shilling vs Trump! That'll be interesting

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I've been reading about the oversampling of various groups in the MSM polls. The oversampling bias in these polls outweighs the inherent unevenness in the electorate - both in "registered voters" and in "likely voters" as groups. IMO, the oversampling seems like a good way to legitimize voter fraud. Something along the lines of: "What, you don't believe the polls? You must be an idiot who doesn't understand science."

The bandwagon effect of Hillary leading in the polls is just a bonus. Likewise, discouraging opposition (Trump) voters "because she's already won" is also a bonus. Again, IMO, skewing the polls to give credibility to a rigged election is the primary goal. The widespread voter fraud (successful or not) revealed in the O'Keefe videos needs to be backed up by polls reflecting a Hillary win - if the election results are to be believed by the public at large. In other words, they have to skew both the actual vote and the polls to create a sense of legitimacy. The Wikileaks emails and the O'Keefe videos together show that this is what is going on. Evidence shows that the election is being rigged to some degree or another through fraudulent voting. The question for Hillary now becomes "Is it enough?" to beat Trump. The question for us is how much more fraud is there yet waiting to be discovered and what is going to be done about it?

Edited to add: The skewed polls could also *possibly* make Trump focus resources and assets to states that are perceived to be at risk, instead of where the resources are actually needed.

Last edited:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    The O'Keefe video would have swung more voters had he come up with a way to edit in himself in a fake pimp getup again.

It seems Kellyanne Conway believes the poll results, and I think that was before the news that Texas now has them both within the margin of error.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    IMO, one of the most obviously damaging pieces on Clinton came out this weekend: the $12 million pay to play from Morocco. Now that it's out, the poor guy probably won't get his reward when she is president.

This should sink her in any other election. But Trump has already sunk himself.

And my perception is just that people have election fatigue from these 2 abnormal people and just don't care anymore.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On the topic of the multiple-thread-spanning discussion of polling.

National poll:
    National 2016 Presidential Ballot
    HRC +7
    Sample size: 1,006 likely voters (362 Democrats, 321 Republicans, and 323 independents)

From the drill-down:
    • Because we capture demographics from all households, we weight, if necessary, based on the total sample using current demographic estimates for the sample area.
    • We do not weight by political party. Political party is determined by a party registration question in party-registration states and "do you consider yourself to be" in non party-registration states.

That's a pretty good methodology and transparency as to methodology, IMHO.

ETA:

Another thing to consider is that certain polls use a single methodology for a cycle (or a portion of a cycle) which can help describe changes in how people's feelings change. If you have a sample of 1,000, and ask a random 100 of them every week for 10 weeks, ostensibly you can track how the mood of the entire population may change.

An example of that is this poll:
    http://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/rpooBV0UlG4k/v0

It has HRC +9.

1,328 general pop contacts weighted by age, race, and education

So, not thrilled with the lack of specificity on the details but when it comes to self-reporting:
    In politics as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, Democrat, or independent?
    ............ Republican........... Democrat................ Independent.............. Other (VOL).............refused/not sure
    Oct-16......... 29................ 35........................ 34........................ 1........................... 1
    Sep-16 ....28........... 32.................. 37................... 1..................... 2
    Aug-16 ....30........... 31.................. 38................... 1..................... 1
    Jun-16 .....28........... 35.................. 33................... -...................... 3

So, the methodology is capable of hitting an even number of self-reporting individuals. But, the methodology does not appear to intentionally oversample. Rather, it reflects that people are not affiliating as much with Republicans.

ETA2:
    Formatting issues are my own. Go to the doc to see it pretty. :)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, so I think I've pretty much made up my mind on who/what I am going to vote for.

Neither Trump nor Clinton are "qualified" or have earned my vote. However, one of those two--not three, not four--will be president. The best hope for the nation is that neither should be president, and given the circumstances there is only one realistic path to that end. The winner should be immediately impeached and removed from office.

So I'm going to vote for Trump, but no matter who wins, I'm going to continually push my congress critters to impeach the next president. Of course if Hillary wins, there's no way in hell that she's getting impeached. And Kaine would make a horrible president anyway.

There would be much more support for impeaching Trump. And as much as I dislike Pence, he'd be much more competent than Trump. He seems to have a much more comprehensive command of foreign policy issues. And I think he'd **** things up less domestically.

I won't be voting for Al Bundy this time. I'm essentially voting for Trump's running mate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So I think this question has been asked on INGO a few times: what will you tell your grandchildren about your role in the election of 2016. I've thought greatly about this. And its pretty simple.

I'll say, "Shen.... (his real name is "Sheila" but everyone's adopted Chinese nicknames now)... it was a kind of country where everyone had the right to vote. Not everyone did, and that seemed ok for a long time. But as the election of 2016 approached a lot of people had developed different ideas on how the country would be governed. Even when I started voting, right after Ronald Reagan, it seemed like the country was starting to split.

"By the time 2016 rolled around, there really were two groups of people who voted. And they could never really agree.

"Anyway, I did what I could to elect leaders who would value the nation, and the people, over themselves. But too many others got caught up in promises.

"Now let's get some more firewood and check on the still."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    By the time I am talking about that kind of stuff with my grandchildren, this may not look like that big of a deal. I think the country is going to continue its current path down the drain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom