The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Given the revelations about the DNC, the campaign, Hillary's scandals, Trump should be able to win even being such a colossal douchebag, and making all those unforced errors.

I will only dispute this to a certain extent. First, I think it underestimates the colossalness of his douchebaggery. Americans tend to vote emotionally - all of them, libs and cons. (Just look at the emotional quality of certain positions here on INGO.)

Second, while the WikiLeaks IS being underreported IMHO, it is also a function of general mehness about what they contain. Is it really news that political appointees and officials collaborate with their party? I am not defending it. I'm just saying that Americans have always accepted a certain amount of graft in their elected officials. They just have.

Finally, the media reports what will bring eyeballs to watch commercials. The notion that the Clintons are corrupt is straight out of 1994. Those headlines have already been written. WAY more people will tune in to celebrity gossip related to the Trumps.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    G, I have to agree with Rick here in that there is a full court press by all those sources to push the election to Hillary. The worst of which is the major news networks. In decades of paying attention I've never seen anything as openly obvious. They don't even try to pretend they're neutral anymore.

Given the revelations about the DNC, the campaign, Hillary's scandals, Trump should be able to win even being such a colossal douchebag, and making all those unforced errors. If the media did its job and reported all the relevant stories, likely a significantly higher portion of the public would demand her and other Democrats' arrest. Even as bad as Trump is, he should be ahead by 10 points given that his opponent has committed crimes against the public.

That said, Trump is coming off as a whiner. A professional campaign would not stoop to whining. A professional campaign would be out there doing the things that win political campaigns rather than squabbling with his own Party and setting up excuses for the inevitable loss. So yes, the election is absolutely rigged. But they all are. It's something Republicans and conservatives have to live with. It's how it's played. Suck it up and go after it rather than just being a ***** ass ***** about it.

Maybe we're using different definitions or perspectives on "rigged".

I'm reading it as... "The election is rigged against me, votes will be stolen due to fraud, and that's why I will lose." I think you're interpreting it as "The election is rigged against me, the entire media is treating me unfairly."

I don't deny the second, to some extent. Hillary is getting a mostly free pass, while Trump remains at the top of the charts with negative coverage. Maybe that could have been alleviated by having a candidate that wasn't such an easy target... dunno, we're beyond that.

Being a reality TV person and non-politician... of course they're going to have plenty to say about him. No excuses for the lack of coverage on Clinton, though. That's just criminal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Kasich: Trump claim of 'rigged' election is 'silly' - CNNPolitics.com

Hate to say I agree with Obama's view on this yesterday. I don't deny election fraud happens... but whining about the election being "rigged" because you're going to lose is just creating excuses.

KellyAnne Conway (Trump surrogate) is on MSNBC blaming the "NeverTrump" bogeyman for Trump's loss. This is so painfully predictable... blame the insignificant small group, and also "rigged election"... because it certainly can't be the fault of a pisspoor campaign.

That is going to be what INGO is full of on Nov 9+... blaming insignificant groups and "rigged elections"... not the candidate. Not the campaign.

Maybe.

My guess is a bunch of "Dems stole the election" with shades of Al Gore v. Bush.

Then four years of, "I told you not to nominate him." I'll do my best to refrain.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm normally very hesitant to claim media bias, But all the pieces NPR's Morning Edition has done with Trump supporters have been pretty bad. I'm just waiting for an interview with a twelve year old girl and Steve Inskeep to ask, "What if I told you Trump eats kittens, will you change to sign on your locker to Hillary's?"

I have yet to hear him interview a wackadoo Hillary supporter and then slam that person with questions and doubts.

Of course, this isn't the first time Steve Inskeep has shown his liberal bias...

Tombs asked if any of us know Hillary supporters, and I think the opposite is true here. Steve probably only hangs out with Dems, so the concept of a conservative is his "evil" and he has little understanding or regard for us.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like the hitlary talking points...... yeah, he is wrong.... also, sounds like he has something to hide.

What's wrong with politicians, of any party, not being able to lie to the American people?

They are only afraid the game will be over.
    Much like those that are hoping and cheering for a Trump loss.
    Back room backstabbing business as usual weasels...

Rubio is losing ground even further. He will never be a presidential contender.

In this modern day, why would anyone assume that their electronic communications could not be read by others?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Rubio is losing ground even further. He will never be a presidential contender.

In this modern day, why would anyone assume that their electronic communications could not be read by others?

He is part of the same corrupt system that gave us hitlary clinton.
    Politicians protecting their backroom dealings that only serve themselves, not the people.
    Treasonous bastards.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    bold strategy, cotton. let's see if it pays off

CvJYv64XYAASjzc.jpg:small

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wasn't he elected in the primaries and nominated at the convention? The problems started in between clinching the nomination in the primaries and the nomination.

So he wasn't really nominated.

"Nominated candidate" not "elected" as long as we're using specific words. ;)

And yet... when that candidate is personally responsible for the disunity, and it was raised during the primary, does that not matter?

If I tell you that I'm not going to eat squid and yet you serve me squid, who's fault is it that there's leftover squid?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wasn't he elected in the primaries and nominated at the convention? The problems started in between clinching the nomination in the primaries and the nomination.

So he wasn't really nominated.

He hasn't been elected either. He wasn't elected in the primaries; we voted on who should be nominated. The purpose of the convention is nominate a candidate.

It's squid or **** sandwich. You choose.

False choice. There are other options, including not eating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom