mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We are hoping to find a car carrier trailer rather than the tow dolly cause with the tow dolly, we have to disconnect the drive shaft. Nobody seems to have a carrier on their lot. We might have to do the tow dolly route. The other problem is picking it up on Sunday...most aren't open.

I've called Penske, Grand Rental Station....neither had anything available for us to pick up. I am on hold with go uhaul right now while she searches the lafayette and Indy areas for a trailer.

I never had trouble with the tranny in the Jimmy the 9 years I owned it. My son takes it and a week later the sungears are out...at least that is what it sounds like based on his description of what happened when he parked it last night and then went to put it in reverse to adjust how it was parked. This is going to be expensive.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Off to talk to hubby...I am starting to think they don't really HAVE car carriers cause the national number couldn't find me one either! Now...maybe we do need to go the tow dolly route.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Can someone please make this snow go away!! No offense, Frosty, but I am sick of snow and it is coming down like crazy here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's cause you don't use the mirrors. :)

Sounds like when my nephew used his pick up to help my son move from Lafayette to Camby...they lost the sofa and recliner just after they go on I65 near Lafayette and were almost to his new apartment when they both realized that the furniture was not in the truck! They drove all the way back and found it off to the side of the road where someone had to have drug it...neither was significantly damaged so they loaded it back up and took off again...stopped for some ratchet straps to fasten it on the second go round. I was just glad nobody hit it or got hurt or anything. He is now much safer about hauling things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are hoping to find a car carrier trailer rather than the tow dolly cause with the tow dolly, we have to disconnect the drive shaft. Nobody seems to have a carrier on their lot. We might have to do the tow dolly route. The other problem is picking it up on Sunday...most aren't open.

I've called Penske, Grand Rental Station....neither had anything available for us to pick up. I am on hold with go uhaul right now while she searches the lafayette and Indy areas for a trailer.

I never had trouble with the tranny in the Jimmy the 9 years I owned it. My son takes it and a week later the sungears are out...at least that is what it sounds like based on his description of what happened when he parked it last night and then went to put it in reverse to adjust how it was parked. This is going to be expensive.

If you lost the planetary's you may want to consider a rebuilt off the shelf trans. When those gear sets pop they send shrapnel all through the trans.
    You most likely drove the truck like you loved it. Not saying the boy did not but a change of steady drivers can bring out some issues. I am sure he misses the power available in the car he got out of.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I think by merging the 2 threads the Mods have successfully killed the "Thread about nothing." They had to know that the Status Update folks would just keep chugging along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom