• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'm pretty sure you can buy in Indiana with an Illinois ID if you buy from an FFL. But they must ship it to Illinois for you to pick up. But I am not up on such things and avoid doing things I am not absolutely certain are legal.

My store will NOT sell a handgun to an out of state resident. IF he came in with an IN ID and IN address then that is essentially (for our purposes at least) establishing IN residency. A couple weeks ago we had a KY resident who wanted to purchase a handgun and that was killed real quick. My sales guy suggested we sell it and then ship to a KY FFL and my boss said we can't do that anymore. We offered the option of purchasing the same gun online and having it shipped to a store in KY though. I know the ATF accepts a student in another state for school as establishing a sort of residency but we need documentation to complete the sale. Usually when we go to BPS we head north so we're still in IN so we don't have to worry about legality if we see a gun we want. That scored me a gun for well under half it's value.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's very true. INGO is just a cross-section of the population and, as such, you will get some disagreements and confrontations.
    I've never really had a confrontation. I try not to take anything anyone says here to heart. I've never met anyone here and no one really knows me. So if someone has a problem because of the way I type, , meh !

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I've never really had a confrontation. I try not to take anything anyone says here to heart. I've never met anyone here and no one really knows me. So if someone has a problem because of the way I type, , meh !

I just try to remember they don't know me, I don't know them and at the end of the day it doesn't matter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom