mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son started drawing as a toddler and even when he was in elementary school, always put so much more detail into his drawings than other kids his age. I used to draw a long time ago and was pretty good but was never even close to the level of my son. Encourage her...take her to the art museum! You aren't that far from it.

I have a great-niece that draws and tends to deal with depression, being bullied, etc. Her drawing is her escape. She is also pretty good and we encourage her as much as possible. I posted some of my son's recent works that I finally got in the mail after they were in limbo since June....they are in his thread about his travels.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My son started drawing as a toddler and even when he was in elementary school, always put so much more detail into his drawings than other kids his age. I used to draw a long time ago and was pretty good but was never even close to the level of my son. Encourage her...take her to the art museum! You aren't that far from it.

I have a great-niece that draws and tends to deal with depression, being bullied, etc. Her drawing is her escape. She is also pretty good and we encourage her as much as possible. I posted some of my son's recent works that I finally got in the mail after they were in limbo since June....they are in his thread about his travels.

your son has some awesome talent

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have no artistic talent in me. Drawing, painting, musically.....well that's not entirely true, I can listen to the **** out of music. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have seen some of them. They are amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :yesway:

I had encouragement. My parents were a big part of that but my grandpa was a bigger part. When he died a little of me died. He's been dead almost 40 years and I think of him daily.

I envy all of you that miss your parents. I have no idea what that feels like. I have been to their grave's 1 time at the behest of my sister. It stirred no emotions in me past :p
    That is just sad.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I envy all of you that miss your parents. I have no idea what that feels like. I have been to their grave's 1 time at the behest of my sister. It stirred no emotions in me past :p
    That is just sad.

dealing with a friend who has it the same as you. My heart aches that you didn't. But, You didn't follow in their footsteps and you made yourself a miuch better parent.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    That is just sad.
    Not really. The way I look at it if they weren't there, didn't encourage then why should you care? Maybe I have skewed way of looking at things but to me blood isn't an automatic bond. Well intended actions are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    dealing with a friend who has it the same as you. My heart aches that you didn't. But, You didn't follow in their footsteps and you made yourself a miuch better parent.

Truth.......My spouse/children and the friends I surrounded myself have made me into a better person. I am still improving and it is not with out a lot of help.....:shady:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom