mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I never use powders that don't fill most of the brass. If I were to double charge this current load, powder would quite literally overflow the brass.

Okay...that makes me feel better. My dad reloaded and I remember him measuring all sorts of things and not wanting to be bothered when he was reloading and "smoking his pot"...he also melted the lead and cast his own bullets. When anyone called, we told them he was out in his shop smoking his pot. That got some interesting responses.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Okay...that makes me feel better. My dad reloaded and I remember him measuring all sorts of things and not wanting to be bothered when he was reloading and "smoking his pot"...he also melted the lead and cast his own bullets. When anyone called, we told them he was out in his shop smoking his pot. That got some interesting responses.
    I don't cast bullets too often now. I just mostly mold SCUBA weights. I was casting some bullets a few weeks ago, and the spout on the melting pot stuck open. My workbench and garage floor were covered in molten lead. :facepalm:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't cast bullets too often now. I just mostly mold SCUBA weights. I was casting some bullets a few weeks ago, and the spout on the melting pot stuck open. My workbench and garage floor were covered in molten lead. :facepalm:

Yikes...that sounds messy!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I do not post about it much but we ended a few vermin ourselves this evening. I put 2 pellets out of my Gamo in a ground hog that has been messing about the yard. It just pissed him off.

I have a raccoon that has been getting in the garage through the cat door. We had the live trap set but I think Leroy the cat had it snap on his foot so we are trying to avoid that again. He is far too curious about the trap so we aren't setting it for now. He was limping for over a week and still favors that foot when he lands hard on something. Target practice in the garage I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a raccoon that has been getting in the garage through the cat door. We had the live trap set but I think Leroy the cat had it snap on his foot so we are trying to avoid that again. He is far too curious about the trap so we aren't setting it for now. He was limping for over a week and still favors that foot when he lands hard on something. Target practice in the garage I guess.

It is a bit tough to get anything heavy enough to end a possum or a ground hog around here. Houses are close. There have been coons spotted in the area but the neighbors German Shepard keeps them at bay. The hog and the possum just do not care.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It is a bit tough to get anything heavy enough to end a possum or a ground hog around here. Houses are close. There have been coons spotted in the area but the neighbors German Shepard keeps them at bay. The hog and the possum just do not care.

We got rid of a groundhog here a week or two ago. Stupid thing was walking around the back yard like he owned the place. Possums are like big rats. My mom taught me years ago to stab them to the ground with the pitchfork until she got back with the gun to shoot them. First time I did that here, it freaked out the kid and the hubby.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can get a live trap but it would most likely catch one of the stupid cats we have running the area. These are not nice smart kitties. Straight up Ferrell city cats and they ain't nice. I had to toss the G-kids sand box. Little bastardies pooped in it all the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We got rid of a groundhog here a week or two ago. Stupid thing was walking around the back yard like he owned the place. Possums are like big rats. My mom taught me years ago to stab them to the ground with the pitchfork until she got back with the gun to shoot them. First time I did that here, it freaked out the kid and the hubby.

Country girls can survive.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Possums are the undead. They are hard to kill.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I can get a live trap but it would most likely catch one of the stupid cats we have running the area. These are not nice smart kitties. Straight up Ferrell city cats and they ain't nice. I had to toss the G-kids sand box. Little bastardies pooped in it all the time.

I use marshmallows smeared in peanut butter for bait in the traps so the cats stay out. However, since Leroy came to stay, he is just curious and has to explore everything. The morning he started limping, his paw was pretty swollen (not broken) and the trap was snapped so we are pretty sure he got his foot caught in it playing with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom